The Ringer criticized for lack of diversity, Bill Simmons responds: "It’s a business. This isn’t Open Mic Night."

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Familiarize yourself with Bakari before using that term. You dudes water down shit just throwing it out randomly and misusing it.

I’ve known that brotha since he thought he could hang with D-1 basketball players when he was a student a Morehouse in the early 2000s, getting ran off the court.

you brothas think you know all these TV talking heads but have no idea.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Familiarize yourself with Bakari before using that term. You dudes water down shit just throwing it out randomly and misusing it.

EU2A8exXsAEoZD2.jpg

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
I live & work around alot white ppl
There are alot of em out there who consider themselves 'allies' or 'liberal' or 'woke' but dont realize they are guilty of perpetuating & benefiting from systemic racism. I've had to speak to alot following the Floyd murder and protests afterwards and I am shocked by how many of em didnt realize racism was still a thing.

In the case of the Ringer I cant judge their intent but i can judge results. They thought they were progressive but in actuality were far from it.

When Chris Cuomo got his panties in a bunch with the guy on the street who called him "Fredo" and compared it to the "N-word", my Italian-American, female co-worker basically said that's bullshit. There's no comparison. She'd never even heard of 'Fredo' used as a slut.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
Im tired of this shit.

Bill Simmons can hire whoever the hell he wants, dude started his own business. If he wants to build a rep as a guy who wont hire black peeps, the black atheletes should cut off any and all access. Make his business pay the price. Thats the game.

Whats stopping us from starting our own Ringer?

Ya'll telling me all these athletes cant get some money together to build their own sports media websites?

Listen, this is the way of the world. Its not a secret. Its not hard to understand. You start your own company, you hire "your own" people first. Arabs hire Arabs. Cacs hire cacs. Jews hire jews...

We need to do the same.

gtg305h

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Im tired of this shit.

Bill Simmons can hire whoever the hell he wants, dude started his own business. If he wants to build a rep as a guy who wont hire black peeps, the black atheletes should cut off any and all access. Make his business pay the price. Thats the game.

Ya'll telling me all these athletes cant get some money together to build their own sports media websites?

Listen, this is the way of the world. Its not a secret. Its not hard to understand. You start your own company, you hire "your own" people first. Arabs hire Arabs. Cacs hire cacs. Jews hire jews...

We need to do the same.

athletes are followers by nature, expecting them to lead just because they have money is foolhardy, those kats can’t wait to clout chase and cozy up to the same white men who criticize and clown them everyday on TV

that’s why I think it’s cool that Lebron doesn’t even acknowledge the existence of skip bayless even after all this time, any other Black athlete can’t wait to go on the show and debate him about bullshit

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Im tired of this shit.

We need to do the same.

Agreed

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster

this shouldnt suprise anyone
Bill Simmons doesnt even write anymoe and they were bought out by a audio streaming service
every week they are debuting a new podcast and I barely check for their site nowadays

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
this shouldnt suprise anyone
Bill Simmons doesnt even write anymoe and they were bought out by a audio streaming service
every week they are debuting a new podcast and I barely check for their site nowadays

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
Make your own ringer
That's my stance on the shit. Seems like it's a website with podcast. Wouldn't even want to work somewhere I have to beg to be at. Who does that shit? Not in the age of the Internet. Waaaaay too much money out here.

Can't believe with all the black money in sports and entertainment some talent can't get funding for their own ringer like you said.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That's my stance on the shit. Seems like it's a website with podcast. Wouldn't even want to work somewhere I have to beg to be at. Who does that shit? Not in the age of the Internet. Waaaaay too much money out here.

Can't believe with all the black money in sports and entertainment some talent can't get funding for their own ringer like you said.
I hate these niggas with a passion.

Costanza

Rising Star
Registered

jayrob777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
brotha - it is even worse in corporate America.

these whites are championing diversity and inclusion under the guise of promoting white women and Asians (especially Indians in IT) and LGBT club members.

no so-called blacks in leadership though unless it is HR or operations.
You hit that right on the head. I just was hired at a aerospace company. Guess what??? I am in Operations as a sr supervisor.