THE REAL HOUSE OF NASSAU / ORANGE-NASSAU

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
THE REAL HOUSE OF NASSAU / ORANGE-NASSAU (Grandnephew & descendants of William of Orange) & THE HOUSE OF HOHENZOLLERN (great-grandson & great-great grandson of William of Orange)
The House of Nassau is a diversified aristocratic dynasty in Europe...
It is named after the lordship associated with Nassau Castle, located in present-day Nassau, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany...
The lords of Nassau were originally titled "Count of Nassau", then elevated to the princely class as "Princely Counts”
The House of Orange-Nassau, a branch of the European House of Nassau, has played a central role in the politics and government of the Netherlands and Europe especially since William the Silent organized the Dutch revolt against Spanish rule, which after the Eighty Years' War (1568–1648) led to an independent Dutch state...
The House of Hohenzollern is a German former royal dynasty whose members were variously princes, electors, kings and emperors of Hohenzollern, Brandenburg, Prussia, the German Empire, and Romania...
The family arose in the area around the town of Hechingen in Swabia during the 11th century and took their name from Hohenzollern Castle...
The first ancestors of the Hohenzollerns were mentioned in 1061...
William I, Prince of Orange—was also widely known as William the Silent or more commonly known as William of Orange...
He was born in the House of Nassau as Count of Nassau-Dillenburg...
He became Prince of Orange in 1544 and is thereby the founder of the branch House of Orange-Nassau and the ancestor of the monarchy of the Netherlands...
Within the Netherlands he is also known as Father of the Fatherland...
“In person, Orange was above the middle height, perfectly well made and sinewy, but rather spare than stout. His eyes, hair, beard, and complexion were brown”
SOURCE;
(John Stevens Cabot Abbott, “The Life of Napoleon Bonaparte”; 1859)
Emmanuel Van Meteren who certainly knew William the Silent said:
“He was a well built man, taller than the average, with brown complexion and beard”
Everhard Van Reyd, who also knew him said:
“He had medium height, [and a] brown complexion”
SOURCES;
(Ruth Putnam, "William the Silent, Prince of Orange, the Moderate Man of the Sixteenth Century; The Story of His Life as Told from His Own Letters, from Those of His Friends and Enemies and from Official Documents"; 1895)
(Ainsworth Rand Spofford, ‎Frank Weitenkampf, ‎John Porter Lamberton, "Library of Historic Characters and Famous Events of All Nations and All Ages" Volume 9; 1906)
This portrait of John Maurice was painted by Albert Eckhout in 1644...
Albert Eckhout was the official court painter for John Maurice, Prince of Nassau...
In 1636, Albert Eckhout was invited by John Maurice, Prince of Nassau to Dutch Brazil, where he stayed until 1644...
This portrait of William III was painted by Antoine Wiertz in 1826...
Antoine Wiertz was a Belgian painter that entered the Antwerp art academy in 1820....
Thanks to his protector Pierre-Joseph de Paul de Maibe, a member of the Second Chamber of the States-General, King William I of the Netherlands appointed Antoine Wiertz his court painter and awarded an annual stipend to Wiertz from 1821 onwards...
This portrait of Frederick William was painted by Govert Flinck in 1640...
Govert Flinck was a Dutch painter of the Dutch Golden Age who was introduced to the court of the Great Elector, Friedrich Wilhelm I of Brandenburg in 1640...
Frederick William was Elector of Brandenburg and Duke of Prussia, thus ruler of Brandenburg-Prussia, from 1640 until his death in 1688...
The portrait of Frederick the Great was painted by Antoine Pesne in 1722...
In 1710, Antoine Pesne was called to Berlin by King Frederick I of Prussia and became his official court painter...
In 1722, Antoine Pesne became famous for his portraits of the Prussian royal family and their households...
Antoine Pesne is known for his portraits of the first two kings of Prussia, Frederich I and Frederick William I, and members of the latter's family...

yqy4lbg5_o.jpg

RWRNq8r6_o.jpg

smdOhNj8_o.jpg