The Reaction to Kanye

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
The Reaction To Ye

I'd laugh but it's just not funny anymore.

43741377_1910189395727929_797159601018503168_n.jpg

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Michael Eric Dyson: Blacks Can Not Stand By Kanye West; This Is "White Supremacy By Ventriloquism"

Michael Eric Dyson called the President Donald Trump-Kanye West meeting an example of mass ignorance in the face of the downfall of democracy. Dyson also shook his head at the notion that Kanye could have brought Trump and Colin Kaepernick together. He went as far to say that African-Americans can not stand by his comments and that they must intervene on his behalf.

Dyson also accused West of furthering white supremacy by giving "cover" to Trump and of being a puppet. He called West a ventriloquist dummy for white supremacists.

"This is time for us to say Kanye, we, as African-American people cannot stand idly by while you give cover to a man who is proved to be a white supremacist," Dyson said. "This is white supremacy by ventriloquism. A black mouth is moving but white racist ideals are flowing from Kanye West's mouth."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v..._cares_less_about_black_people_than_bush.html

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
CNN's S.E. Cupp on Kanye West: "Really Sad" To See Trump Willing To Exploit "A Man Who Is Clearly Not Okay"

All jokes aside, I thought that was really sad. I think you had there a man who's clearly not OK and a president who's willing to exploit that.

And worse, to exploit that under the auspicious of race relations and black communities, joblessness, mental health, all the things that ended up in this bucket of issues that were sort of addressed in this free for all. I don't know that any of them were very well served by this circus. And in many ways they are -- they are the same person, right? They are both very ego driven and desperate for attention. So they give it to one another. They are using each other for that end goal.

I don't have a problem with Kanye West being a fan of the president. I don't have a problem with the president using celebrities to expose important issues, but the problem is I don't think any of that happened today because today was bonkers. It was crazy. It was off the rails. How could anything be accomplished in that kind of environment with that little seriousness paid to those very important issues.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/10/12/cnn_se_cupp_kanye_west_sad.html

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...e-west-following-trump-meeting-005314627.html

T.I. says he's done with Kanye West after Trump meeting: 'We just saw Mr. West's Soul on auction'

Raechal Leone Shewfelt

Yahoo CelebrityOctober 12, 2018, 7:53 PM CDT
ae3c47cf1e67dd5480893f78146f1574

Rappers Kanye West, T.I., and Jay-Z perform at the Grammy Awards on Feb. 8, 2009, in L.A.
Kim Kardashian is not embarrassed about Kanye West's visit with Trump

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...t-kardashians-donald-trump-meeting/index.html

Dave Chappelle: I'm not mad at Kanye West

Comedian Dave Chappelle said that although he supports Kanye West, the rapper "shouldn't say all that s***" aligning himself with President Donald Trump.

Source: CNN

‘Kanye West is not Picasso,’ wrote Leonard Cohen in a ‘diss poem from beyond the grave’

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...d-cohen-in-a-diss-poem-from-beyond-the-grave/

100415%20uga%20photos%20CC41.JPG

Caption
UGA great Herschel Walker blasts CNN’s Don Lemon for Kanye panel

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aj...r-kanye-panel/nbmIcDCimAEVbuvUBHa2BL/amp.html

Sarah Sanders' photo with Kanye is illegal, DC ethics group says
Published time: 13 Oct, 2018 00:27
5bc13bbedda4c8e6788b4582.jpeg

© @PressSec / Twitter
Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington called out Sarah Sanders for tweeting a photo with Kanye West when the rapper visited the White House, citing a 1939 law barring federal employees from getting too political.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rt.com/usa/441138-watchdog-slams-kanye-selfie/amp/

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Video: 'Saturday Night Live' Recreates Surreal Kanye West/Donald Trump Oval Office Meeting
BY BEN YAKAS IN ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT ON OCT 14, 2018 8:30 AM

101418snlkanye1.jpg

When life hands you Kanye West insisting that time is a myth while visiting Donald Trump inside the Oval Office for no particular reason...well, there's no way that scenario could be any stranger. Before West even leapt into Trump's arms for a hug, it was crystal clear this was going to be the cold open of this week's Saturday Night Live. SNL couldn't possibly resist low-hanging fruit this ripe.

"I love you, Kanye. We have a lot more in common than people know," Trump says toward the end of the sketch. "We are both geniuses, we’re both married to beautiful women and we’ve both definitely been recorded saying the 'n-word.'"

To kickoff Seth Meyers' return to Studio 60, the cold open recreated that majestically pointless West/Trump meeting. It also marked Alec Baldwin's first appearance this season as the commander-in-chief. Chris Redd played West, with much of his dialogue being taken verbatim from the rapper's diatribe on Thursday.

As the meeting of very stable geniuses commences, we got to hear Trump's inner monologue: "I was in the room with Dennis Rodman and Kim Jong Un and they made a lot more sense than him...Wow, this guy can talk. He doesn't stop. He doesn't listen to anyone but himself, who does he remind me of?...Oh my god, he’s black me!"

Baldwin also gave nod to his controversial Hollywood Reporter interview this week, the one in which he said that "ever since I played Trump, black people love me." During the sketch, he confidently says, "Let's remember, the big lesson today, that black people love me. They love me way more than they love Alec Baldwin."

This wasn't the only Kanye reference of the evening: during the monologue, Meyers told a story about an SNL sketch West did with him in which he went around interrupting award shows (and this happened two years before the Taylor Swift incident). And then during Weekend Update, Meyers teamed with Colin Jost and Michael Che for a special "Really?!" segment all about the summit.

"Really?! Don't you have better things to do?" Meyers says to start the bit. "And by the way, when I say that, I'm really not sure which of you I'm talking to." Jost added, "And really, you could tell a lot by how each of them prepared for the meeting. Kanye prepared by learning every fact in the world backwards, while Trump prepared by clearing his desk of any valuables." And Che said he was able to negotiate four "n-words" into his contract and used this opportunity to let one fly.

After showing a photo of the two hugging, Meyers said, "It is so rare that you can see black people and white supremacists betrayed in the exact same moment." Ultimately, everyone decides this was Obama's and Meyers' fault. Check it out below: