The pacific northwest is getting that work

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Damn that whole area is fucked up

Our executive director sent out an email about a half week ago asking if people were available to fill blocks of shifts at one of the Abbotsford locations. They listed a number of blocks in the email, as the location is short-staffed. Asking staff would these be regular hours for them, or would they be overtime. Training and orientation would be provided upon arrival. Also noted in the email to keep in mind road access may be compromised getting out there.

* It's tough ... you're already working full time ... and you WANT to help. But you don't want to jeopardize your own safety or getting stranded out there in the process (road and travel access). Plus, you already have your regular work commitments. I hope they have some staffing that are living in that area, as it would be about 2 hours round-trip for me, and I'm already doing M-F. And I don't know that particular area travel-wise.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
The ironic part is that Abbotsford is the sharp edged buckle of the Bible belt. A town so Christian they sprayed chicken manure on a homeless encampment to get everyone to leave, just like Jesus would have done. Now that God wants to punish man for ruining the Earth he puts these devout followers firmly in his cross hairs and unleashes mother nature's full fury on them.

I have to wonder what's going through their minds right now. Are they asking why they've been forsaken? Are they assuming it's for that time they jacked off or yelled "oh shit" when unexpected traffic made them late for work? Or have they finally figured out that appeasing their heavenly father is about as useless as throwing a virgin into an active volcano?

Don't get me wrong. Thoughts and prayers and all that, but still ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

2022_CAN_WeatherMap_Summer_1200x630.webp

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
I don’t know what the hell is going on with the weather but I know things are out of whack and hurricane season is coming up soon good luck everyone