THE ORVILLE - Seth MacFarlane's warmed over Star Trek Next Gen wannabe show!

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
https://www.engadget.com/2019/07/20/the-orville-season-3-hulu-exclusive/

You'll have to forget about watching The Orville's third season on Fox. Hulu has announced that it will offer season 3 of the sci-fi series as an exclusive in the US, with new episodes premiering in late 2020. Creator and star Seth MacFarlane was fairly blunt about the reason for the move: the more ambitious production (particularly special effects, according to Variety) and resulting wait was going to be "challenging" for Fox. This ensures that you can still see The Orville while accommodating its needs.

It's a mixed outcome for MacFarlane and crew. Although it does ensure that you'll see The Orville in some form (the implication was that it might not have survived otherwise), it also shunts the production to an online-only service where the audience might be smaller. In a sense, this is a test of the appeal of online video services. You could soon find out whether fans of a recent hit show will follow it online or stick to conventional TV due to costs or familiarity.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

https%3A%2F%2Fimages.saymedia-content.com%2F.image%2FMTU4MDU2OTY3MDYyMjM0ODM3%2Fdame-dash.jpg

BOSSES??? now WWDDD

What Would Dame Dash Do??

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Damn..that didnt take long

Adrianne Palicki Files for Divorce From 'The Orville' Co-Star Scott Grimes After 2 Months of Marriage
Zach Seemayer‍,Entertainment Tonight 6 hours ago
c1474e79a975f189b58d627e542e778e

The co-stars are calling it quits after tying the knot in May.
Two months after tying the knot, Adrianne Palicki and Scott Grimes are calling it quits.

The 36-year-old actress -- who exchanged vows with her 48-year-old Orville co-star back in May -- filed for divorce on Monday in Los Angeles, according to court documents obtained by ET.

Both parties were ordered by the court to share financial information regarding their personal and communal assets.

The pair were seen together over the weekend at San Diego Comic-Con, where they attended a panel discussion on the upcoming season of their Fox sci-fi series. Palicki even posted a selfie to Instagram of her and Grimes at the event.

The event marked the one-year anniversary of the couple going public with their relationship at last year's Comic-Con, before revealing their engagement in January.

Palicki shared some snapshots of their wedding to Twitter back in May, writing, "Last night was truly amazing! I am so grateful for all the friends and family who made trip to celebrate with us, and to all of you for the kind words."

No grounds for divorce were cited in the recent court documents. The pair share no children. This is the first marriage for Palicki -- although she previously called off her engagement to ex Jackson Spidell in February 2017 -- and the third for Grimes.

ET has reached out to the stars' reps for comment.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I actually like the show I just hate is on Hulu
I wouldn't know what it's airing on. I just watch.

I went in thinking it was a parody. Sheeeeeit. It blows away Picard and the new star trek. And IMHO can go toe-to-toe with any star trek series. Funny that a ripoff can be so well done. And this is coming from someone who loves star trek, but damn this show had some moments. Can't wait for 3.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
I wouldn't know what it's airing on. I just watch.

I went in thinking it was a parody. Sheeeeeit. It blows away Picard and the new star trek. And IMHO can go toe-to-toe with any star trek series. Funny that a ripoff can be so well done. And this is coming from someone who loves star trek, but damn this show had some moments. Can't wait for 3.

This show is a comedic rip off of TNG but they pulled it off

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
This show is a comedic rip off of TNG but they pulled it off
They forgot to put the comedy in though. That shit barely there.

When they found billions of bones piled under the robot world, that shit was colder than anything I remember in Next Gen. That dark matter storm. Crazy aliens that came back to give the krill that work. It's like Seth fixed star trek.

christop

Rising Star
Registered
They forgot to put the comedy in though. That shit barely there.

When they found billions of bones piled under the robot world, that shit was colder than anything I remember in Next Gen. That dark matter storm. Crazy aliens that came back to give the krill that work. It's like Seth fixed star trek.
I still have not brought myself to watch this but man I hate nutrek so it sounds like I would like it.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is such a rip off from Star Trek but they pulled it off.
The Orville is kinda like his love letter to Star Trek but he should have just asked to make an official Star Trek series..he could have been to that franchise what Favreau and Filoni are to the Star Wars tv shows..and pulled everything back to what the original concept was...

vertigo

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The Orville is kinda like his love letter to Star Trek but he should have just asked to make an official Star Trek series..he could have been to that franchise what Favreau and Filoni are to the Star Wars tv shows..and pulled everything back to what the original concept was...
I read somewhere that he actually did that- pitched a star trek show and was turned down. it was no secret that he wanted to reboot the show back in 2010-2011.