The Official 2026/2027 NBA Season Thread

You don’t think this time is different? I think this is the first time he has come this close to free agency, the first time the team has been this bad, the first time he has called his teammates selfish… I think before it was just chatter but now I think he wants out and change gon’ come.


Oh OK, it's legit now.:hmm:

What do you want me to think? I've been hearing this for too long. Giannis doesn't owe Milwaukee shit, he got us a ring. But my true opinion is that he doesn't wanna leave this city. He just wants a better team. Why the fuck is that hard to understand? Imagine if Giannis goes to New York, Golden State, the Lakers, or any other team and doesn't win a chip. He's gonna look dumb as fuck. Way worse than not winning more here.

Every time Stephen a Smith comes on TV speaking on Giannis I laugh. That coon ass nigga acting like he actually cares what happens to Giannis's career. The only reason he speaks on it at all because he has hopes that Giannis will go to New York....who can't win a chip to save their life :smh:
@TooTrilla this must be AI because I swear you insisted that Giannis wanting to leave was a lie fabricated by haters rooting for other teams.
Are you deaf? He just said he wants to do it in Milwaukee.
“if that's not on the table or in the plans, that's when you kind of like okay maybe I got pivot because I really want to win”

It seems to me that he has already concluded that it’s not on the table or in the plans. I think he is saying he wanted to do it in Milwaukee.

Even if the franchise wanted to, it seems like they have tried their best and exhausted their capital trying to make that happen— how can they possibly deliver what Giannis wants? He sounds like a man who sees the writing on the wall.

Told you. :hmm:
 


They should target Buddy Hield.



I don’t see how this could happen with him under contract for a large amount this year but if it takes a year as Windy expects, Klay could be a great pick up for year 2.
 
From The Athletic:

After the draft last night, the news circulating was that the Hornets were taking phone calls for Ball, their franchise point guard. The Hornets just had their best season since 2015-16, winning 44 games and having the third-best record in the NBA (28-10) after January 21. So naturally they’re going to … trade their biggest star?

Yep. And it moved at full speed.

The Hornets are sending Ball and Josh Green to Minnesota for Naz Reid, a 2033 first-round pick, three second-round picks and a series of first-round pick swaps. Like … so many pick swaps (2028, 2029, 2030).

When I first heard the Timberwolves and Raptors were possible landing spots for Ball, yes, I was just as confused as you are. I’m just as confused now about the details of this deal and the urgency with which it happened. When I asked a league source about it during the rumors phase, he said: “I don’t know what they are doing lol.” That will make Wolves fans feel better.

The Wolves wanted to bring in a secondary playmaker next to Anthony Edwards. Their lack of one has been a glaring issue in the playoffs since their loss to Dallas in the 2024 Western Conference final. It resurfaced again against OKC in the 2025 conference final. But their issue against San Antonio in the second round this season was about competent perimeter defense and players who can match up against Victor Wembanyama.

LaMelo doesn’t help any of that. He can be a great scorer and very good playmaker, but he’s also an atrocious defender. Losing Reid and all of your draft capital/flexibility here is curious.

As for Charlotte, Ball had three years left on his deal but maybe it didn’t want to offer up the two-year extension for roughly $120 million this summer. Reid can start right away for the Hornets and stretch the floor in a way they haven’t had. Plus, they have control of Minnesota’s draft for much of the next seven years.
 




Glad to see that they are looking to move the contract. Don’t really want Sabonis but if that’s the best they can get, it makes sense.




If his contract is that bad, I take it back.
 




Glad to see that they are looking to move the contract. Don’t really want Sabonis but if that’s the best they can get, it makes sense.




If his contract is that bad, I take it back.


That's a good idea for Sacramento. Sabonis and Draymond would be as hilarious as Kuzma and Herro fucking the same groupie chick :smh: :lol:
 
That's a good idea for Sacramento. Sabonis and Draymond would be as hilarious as Kuzma and Herro fucking the same groupie chick :smh: :lol:

Missed the Kuzma/Herro story but guarantee you Draymond would embrace Sabonis.


WHEN GREEN HEARD from the Warriors that they were considering adding Paul, the team's emotional leader admitted he wasn't thrilled. He needed time to wrap his mind around the possibility of teaming up with a "hated" foe.

If anyone could get under Green's skin, it was the 6-foot point guard, who has described himself as a "sworn enemy" of the Warriors. Paul helped the LA Clippers knock the Warriors out of the first round in seven games in 2014, leading to Kerr's hiring the following season. And Paul and the Houston Rockets had the Warriors down 3-2 in the 2018 Western Conference finals before the point guard missed the last two games because of injury.

Asked on a scale of one to 10 how much he previously despised Paul, Green interrupted.

"Eleven! I hated him," Green said. "Eleven! But I think that's also a sign of respect."

Warriors general manager Mike Dunleavy Jr., who was promoted to the position June 16, said he needed to talk to Green and Paul to see if this partnership could work. …

After the trade in late June, Green said he and Paul touched base briefly before giving each other space and time to digest everything. But they've since had "face-to-face" and phone conversations. Listening to Green talk about all the things that used to drive him wild about Paul is almost like hearing an opponent describe what it is like to battle Green in the playoffs.

"A guy that's at the center of everything," Green said of Paul. "At the center of every play, what the other team is running at the center of their defense, talking on both ends of the floor, working the referees, working our coach, working players in the middle of every tussle. Battling. Elbowing. Nasty.

"... Of course you're going to hate him [as an opponent]. And if you don't, guess what? You'll lose to him. We've seen a bunch of guys lose to him as well."


I’m not sure Green respects Sabonis, definitely not like CP3. He spent the whole season saying “My goal is that we can help Chris Paul get his first championship.” It ain’t gonna be that with Sabonis. But if he can help them win, there’s not gonna be any problem.
 
Back
Top