The nigga lying he had Degrassi bread

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I dont know what is it about people who

had a silver spoon, or semi silver spoon in their mouths...

They are obsessed with pretending

they made something from NOTHING.....

like trump and shit, as if he didnt inherit millions

and a masonic connection...

Drake cmon erebody knows.. drake

is drake because of his jewish connection,

there are canadian rappers that will run circles

around drake, but they dont have that

goyim bloodline.... drake gets from his mom.

If you a pale goyim in the recording and movie industry..

you have one up on everybody else..

sorcererforemost

Rising Star
Registered
Damn, they were fucking those kids over like that?
Yup that's why the original 3 Zack, Trini, and Jason ( who's real names are Walter, Austin, and Thuy) weren't getting anything from Saban.

They threatened to walk off set if they weren't given higher pay and when Saban didn't budge they were gone :dunno:

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Bro...

Degrassi was NOT paying like that

Trust me
Probably got paid only $300 a week, and that's still more than what the Power Rangers were getting from Saban.
Damn, they were fucking those kids over like that?
Yup that's why the original 3 Zack, Trini, and Jason ( who's real names are Walter, Austin, and Thuy) weren't getting anything from Saban.

They threatened to walk off set if they weren't given higher pay and when Saban didn't budge they were gone :dunno:
Not saying that they weren't being paid a low wage, but the actors guild has some ultra strict rules about minimum pay etc. Which is significantly more than $300/wk. I assume that number was just an arbitrary number to support your point. No shade.

Drake was not broke. Him pretending he started from the bottom needs to stop

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Not saying that they weren't being paid a low wage, but the actors guild has some ultra strict rules about minimum pay etc. Which is significantly more than $300/wk. I assume that number was just an arbitrary number to support your point. No shade.

I've heard complaints about wages on that show for years and I used to watch when I was in high school

and its Canada so I am not sure what the union is THERE.

But when have a minute I will definitely research it before I go all in

but I am confident in this and I WILL say Drake wasn't making the TV money you all thin he was in Toronto as a kid actor decades ago.

sorcererforemost

Rising Star
Registered

Yeah but they weren't getting anywhere near what they should have.

Put it like this, them Rangers had all of LA shut down when they came to town. They made the news because it was such a massive event.

And they all said Saban paid them pennies and was fronting on how much was being brought in. The actors that replaced them said the same thing and weren't even told that they'd be replacing the current ones.

Saban just get dirty smh

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I've heard complaints about wages on that show for years and I used to watch when I was in high school

and its Canada so I am not sure what the union is THERE.

I wonder what the residuals / syndication money are like for the cast too.

The Degrassi franchise as a whole has been around since the late-70s / early-80s. Got shine on CBC in Canada way back in the day.

The Next Generation show was on CTV in the early-2000s ... back when The O.C. was popular over on Fox.

The long-term run of the franchise (1979 - 2010s) has been all over though - CBC, CTV & CTV 2, PBS, MTV2, Family, TeenNick, YTV, Much, Netflix, etc.

Degrassi is a Canadian teen drama franchise created by Kit Hood and Linda Schuyler in 1979. Beginning as a series of short films about kids living on or near the eponymous De Grassi Street in Toronto, Ontario, it later focused on a group of ethnically and economically diverse teenagers attending schools of the same name as they face various issues prevalent in teenage life. The franchise spans five main series: The Kids of Degrassi Street, Degrassi Junior High, Degrassi High, Degrassi: The Next Generation and Degrassi: Next Class, as well as television specials and made-for-TV films.

In Canada, stripped reruns of Degrassi: The Next Generation have aired on CTV Two and MTV2, which are owned by Bell Media.[95] In the United States, independent distributor Program Partners and Sony Pictures Television, announced on September 24, 2006 that they acquired the syndication rights to the first 119 episodes of the show in the United States, and any subsequent new episodes.[96][97]

In December 2006, Sony Pictures Television and Program Partners had reached agreements with the Tribune Company for every station it owned, The CW Plus affiliated stations, and many other stations owned by major media conglomerates. Degrassi: The Next Generation was cleared in 60% of the country including all five of the top five media markets.[98] By March 2007, Program Partners had cleared it in over 70% of the country after stations owned by Hearst-Argyle Television, Capitol Broadcasting Company, and ACME Communications purchased the syndication.[99] The series meets the US FCC's educational and informational guidelines towards children's programming.[100]

In October 2019, as part of a content deal struck between Viacom and WildBrain, a channel dedicated to Degrassi was added to Pluto TV on channel 172 (now channel 144) of the free, advertiser-supported streaming service's entertainment tier, offering episodes of Degrassi, with a limited number of episodes—including some consisted of portions of two-part episodes, such as "Bitter Sweet Symphony (Part 1)"—omitted from the episode rotation.[101]

As of July 2021, reruns of Degrassi: The Next Generation continue to air on certain Canadian television networks owned by Corus Entertainment, including ABC Spark, CMT, and YTV.

DVD releases
The first twelve seasons of Degrassi: The Next Generation have been released on DVD. The box sets are released in Canada by Alliance Home Entertainment. In the United States, FUNimation Entertainment released the first six seasons and Echo Bridge Entertainment released seasons seven through twelve. Each season boxset includes extra features such as pictures, karaoke sessions, audition tapes, bloopers, deleted scenes and more.[102][103] In Australia, seasons 1 to 4 were released by Umbrella Entertainment in 2010 and 2011. These DVDs are compatible with the region 4 code,[104] which is in use in, Oceania and Latin America.

The three-episode story arc from the fourth season in which Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes guest star has also been released as a single disc Region 1 DVD. FUNimation Entertainment released the disc on November 8, 2005, in two versions: the first subtitled as "Uncut, Uncensored and Unrated",[105] and the second, "Rated."[106] Each release has the same DVD extras, including an interview with Kevin Smith, bloopers and a Jay and Silent Bob Photo Album, except the Unrated release also features episode commentaries by Kevin Smith, Jason Mewes, Stacie Mistysyn, the associate producer Jim Jackman and writer Aaron Martin.[105]

Streaming
Degrassi: The Next Generation has been made available over various streaming platforms over the years. In the 2000s, episodes were made available to stream on CTV and TeenNick's websites in Canada and the United States respectively.[107][108] It was also made available on ITunes in North America.[109] In 2007, Puretracks in Canada offered episodes for download as a media file that could be only burned or copied three times.[110] In the US, Zune sold the full series.[111]

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Nah Power Rangers was always non SAG, Saban was super serious about not allowing union. Its why the Rangers were always young and new to showbiz, once he fired the first 3 rangers and replaced them he pretty much knew he can have a constant rotation for the cast which is still going on today. He was paying them like $600-700 a week for like 12 hr days and shooting 6 days a week and also they all had to do their own stunts on dangerous set conditions. Amy Jo Johnson aka Kimberly the original pink ranger almost died at diff times on set being set on fire, electrocuted etc. The shit gets deep, eventually Saban moved the set to New Zealand once they finally tried to force his hand on union in LA

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I am willing to bet good money it aint much

Must be frustrating for the cast. Especially with the longevity and staying power of the franchise.

Hell, some of the OG cast members from the 80s were around in the 2000s as some of the parents / teachers on The Next Generation.

On a related note - wonder what those Saved By the Bell checks are like too.

I remember the late Dustin Diamond said way back in the day in a TV interview that he didn't mind having being typecast / pigeonholed with the role. The show was broadcast in countless countries & the checks were still coming in years later.

Some of the OG cast have producer credits on the reboot from last year too -

Executive producers
Producers

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Nah Power Rangers was always non SAG, Saban was super serious about not allowing union. Its why the Rangers were always young and new to showbiz, once he fired the first 3 rangers and replaced them he pretty much knew he can have a constant rotation for the cast which is still going on today. He was paying them like $600-700 a week for like 12 hr days and shooting 6 days a week and also they all had to do their own stunts on dangerous set conditions. Amy Jo Johnson aka Kimberly the original pink ranger almost died at diff times on set being set on fire, electrocuted etc. The shit gets deep, eventually Saban moved the set to New Zealand once they finally tried to force his hand on union in LA. They pay was well below SAG minimum

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Must be frustrating for the cast. Especially with the longevity and staying power of the franchise.

Hell, some of the OG cast members from the 80s were around in the 2000s as some of the parents / teachers on The Next Generation.

On a related note - wonder what those Saved By the Bell checks are like too.

I remember the late Dustin Diamond said way back in the day in a TV interview that he didn't mind having being typecast / pigeonholed with the role. The show was broadcast in countless countries & the checks were still coming in years later.

Some of the OG cast have producer credits on the reboot from last year too -

Executive producers
Producers

Good question...

I wonder how these reboots benefit the ORIGINAL series and the returning cast?

It still bring s me BACK to Degrassi...

there are very few LOVE stories with former members of that cast to the show.

I don;t think the cast remember were ever embraced like that.

and like I said I watched damn near every episode doing on decades

my godkids were watching on NICK at Nite back in the day and I saw Snake form the OG series on there

those producers were NOT trying to let those Canada KIDS have no lifetime money.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Good question...

I wonder how these reboots benefit the ORIGINAL series and the returning cast?

It still bring s me BACK to Degrassi...

there are very few LOVE stories with former members of that cast to the show.

I don;t think the cast remember were ever embraced like that.

and like I said I watched damn near every episode doing on decades

my godkids were watching on NICK at Nite back in the day and I saw Snake form the OG series on there

those producers were NOT trying to let those Canada KIDS have no lifetime money.

Yeah - it's interesting. To be a fly on the wall re: contractual discussion / talks.

Especially syndication money / fine print.

Also, for a big cast list.

Aubrey Graham - Drake -

2001–2008Degrassi: The Next GenerationJames "Jimmy" BrooksMain role; 100 episodes

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah - it's interesting. To be a fly on the wall re: contractual discussion / talks.

Especially syndication money / fine print.

Also, for a big cast list.

Aubrey Graham - Drake -

2001–2008Degrassi: The Next GenerationJames "Jimmy" BrooksMain role; 100 episodes

Drake-and-the-degrassi-cast-1024x694.jpg

Dude was on Degrassi. He wasn't broke by any means.

So IF THIS IS TRUE!

it was about 2000 an episode.