~ The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret ~

shanebp1978

Super Moderator
Whoever wishes to keep a secret must hide the fact that he possesses one.

Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe (1749-1832) German poet, novelist and dramatist.

Have you ever had a secret you wished you hadn't told. Got any secrets that you wished you didn't!?

These days I enjoy my guilty conscious. :cool:

But in the Naiveity of my youth I once revealed to a woman whom I cared for very much, that I had found myself in a compromising position with a female. I explained to her that nothing really happened.

She rolled over and dismissed it, but I still think that was the beginning of the end, or maybe not, who knows.

She assumed it was a very beautiful young Haitian/Palestinian lady, who, when I was 21, was a perfectly aged 17 yrs older than me. I had lived near this woman, and had developed a close friendship with her, she loved to cook.

But admittedly, I was completely infatuated with sleeping with the woman multiple times.

Now, the thing is, did I lie to my girlfriend? Did more happen then I let on. Did I really sleep with my older friend?

I'll never tell.

Share your secrets. It's safe with us.

Shhhh.jpg

Queens of the Stone Age - The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret

[flash]http://www.youtube.com/v/ScgERsqzUhQ&rel=1[/flash]

Music Featured In The NipTuck Episode

Chaz Darling

Episode Number: 64 Season Num: 5 First Aired: Tuesday November 27, 2007

femmenoire

Modded Moderator Modding
BGOL Investor
My best friend says my mouth runs like water.

But, when it comes to indiscretions, I keep that to myself.

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is so important to me. This is an absolute deal breaker for me in my relationships. I can honestly say, this is the main reason I am not married. Being intimate and discrete to me is extremely sexy. But every female has at least one female friend that she will tell what is going on with her and her boyfriend. I am under, possibly the mistaken dilution that if you have any issues, good or bad between a lover, you confront them and work it out. But my experience is that females will go to their girlfriend first and then talk to their boyfriend. Why be in an exclusive interpersonal relation if you are including a third party. I guess this is an emotional ménage a trios.

ladyscorpio

Lively up yourself
Super Moderator
This is so important to me. This is an absolute deal breaker for me in my relationships. I can honestly say, this is the main reason I am not married. Being intimate and discrete to me is extremely sexy. But every female has at least one female friend that she will tell what is going on with her and her boyfriend. I am under, possibly the mistaken dilution that if you have any issues, good or bad between a lover, you confront them and work it out. But my experience is that females will go to their girlfriend first and then talk to their boyfriend. Why be in an exclusive interpersonal relation if you are including a third party. I guess this is an emotional ménage a trios.

Although I can comprehend what you mean regarding working through issues with a partner there are those times when a different perspective can be gained. If there is an issue which for some reason you and your partner can't seem to resolve as quickly as you'd like why shouldn't either of you seek some type of "advice" / "guidance" from another that you perhaps find worthy of trust and straightforward talk.

I personally keep most ish bottled inside me. Its a flaw what can I say I am perfect otherwise :cool: j/k
However within a relationship I am a strongly for the art of communication and will do so. I mean realistically if you can't confide or confront your partner then why are you with them in the first place right?

DaleMabry

Star
Registered
Haitian and Palestinian? Damn. I dunno that I would have been able to resist either, hypothetically speaking...and Im not even a cheater like that.

shanebp1978

Super Moderator
Haitian and Palestinian? Damn. I dunno that I would have been able to resist either, hypothetically speaking...and Im not even a cheater like that.

My Fam called her Kama Sutra, on account she kinda looked like a subcontinent Indian. Before I moved there, no one had talked to her.

I spoke to her. After a year or so we had another nick name for her. Auschwitz.

:(

We would joke that going to the The Beit Hashoah, the Holocaust exhibit, was like Disney land for her.

She once said in public, " Maybe Hitler had it right "

It was like the spirit of Toussaint's maroons mixed with Palestinian uprising. Fanatical, and don't have her get into the many reasons why Haitians are more warrior'ed out than African Americans who did not fight for their freedom.

:hmm::hmm::hmm: - Which is NOT true. Hours of argument on that one.

But I got a lot of respect and love for the woman.

DaleMabry

Star
Registered
I spoke to her. After a year or so we had another nick name for her. Auschwitz.

See I couldn't even deal with that shit. I respect her anger, being Palestinian but...

Damn. She probably would have a great set of genes for breeding revolutionaries. Someone needs to pass her number on to them dead prez niggas LOL

thoughtone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Although I can comprehend what you mean regarding working through issues with a partner there are those times when a different perspective can be gained. If there is an issue which for some reason you and your partner can't seem to resolve as quickly as you'd like why shouldn't either of you seek some type of "advice" / "guidance" from another that you perhaps find worthy of trust and straightforward talk.

I personally keep most ish bottled inside me. Its a flaw what can I say I am perfect otherwise :cool: j/k
However within a relationship I am a strongly for the art of communication and will do so. I mean realistically if you can't confide or confront your partner then why are you with them in the first place right?

I can’t understand how women can think that solving an issue between her and her man can be aided by her discussing it with her girlfriend. This is supposed to be a mutual and equal relationship. It’s not like there is an employer, employee relationship where one party is discussing what penalty will be imposed on the other. Her girlfriend doesn’t know how a man thinks. And if she knew how that man thought, he would probably be in the relationship with her, since she would understand him better than the women coming to her with advice. If anything, they should discuss it together with a counselor. If two people want to grow together, then being vulnerable without the sanctuary of a third person will in some ways force the intimacy.