** The HBO Series "The Wire" Question & Answer Thread **

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
TW.jpg

With it being my favorite TV series ever, I have a ton of unanswered questions about events that happened throughout the series. It's been a few months since I've seen it from beginning to end and I can't think of but a couple of questions for now.

Like, what ever happened to Bubble's boy, the white cat that shot all the drugs with him?

bubbles.jpg
250px-The_Wire_Johnny.jpg

Also, what ever happened to the cat who always beat Bubble's ass everyday and took all his shit he used to hustle? I was hoping Bubbles would have set a trap for his ass and maybe put a 2 by 4 with nails sticking out, into his head. :dunno:

And, the very last scene in the series when Marlo slipped out of the party and went on the corner and got into it with the dope boys, were they trying to imply that Marlo said fuck it and to go back to the drug game? :confused:

Anyway, I got tons more, i just can't think of them right now.

Who has the answers to these and/or more questions?

capitalq

Rising Star
Registered
Peace,

The scene with marlo was just him seeing if he still had it, at least that is what I got from it.

The white cat was on life support in a coma after a beating from avon crew in the low rises near the towers after they caught him giving them funny money.

Bubbles tried to get the guy who was beating him up, but instead the young kid that was his friend wound up injecting the bad dope and dying. Kinda like everything around bubbles kept dying or getting fucked up.

oeace

typical_negro21

Support BGOL
Registered
TW.jpg

Like, what ever happened to Bubble's boy, the white cat that shot all the drugs with him?[/B]

He was found dead in a vacant inside Hamsterdam (Season 3). I saw that one of the other posters mentioned this already

Also, what ever happened to the cat who always beat Bubble's ass everyday and took all his shit he used to hustle? I was hoping Bubbles would have set a trap for his ass and maybe put a 2 by 4 with nails sticking out, into his head. :dunno:

Funny thing is...Bubbles tried to make a Cyanide concoction for the dude who used to rob him...hoping he would steal it from him and take it and die (Bubbles knowing duke was a user and all)...but his plan backfired when Sharrod -- his nephew took the Cyanide and died.

And, the very last scene in the series when Marlo slipped out of the party and went on the corner and got into it with the dope boys, were they trying to imply that Marlo said fuck it and to go back to the drug game? :confused:

To me -- I think that solidified him leaving the game -- not only because of the deal he received -- but from him losing his drug empire and most importantly -- his name & reputation. Remember in that scene the dope boys were talking bout Omar.

I gotta couple questions myself too. Like:

How did Herc ended up working for Levy?
Whatever happened to Griggs relationship with the dread-head chick?

Can somebody explain to me did Stringer snitch on Avon in Season 3? Im referring to the scene where McNulty showed Avon that piece of paper when he was arrested.

HisFlyness

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
If memory serves me...

He got fired at the end of season 4 behind that camera he used without authorization being stole. After that Levy hired him as his own personal investigator/police liason.

I forgot which episode exactly, but they broke up. Im season 5 Kima visits her and gives her some money for her/their kid.

Edit: Actually, they showed Kima walking in the apartment and seeing 'ol girl holding the baby and she realized she didn't want the whole family situation, so she walked out quietly before 'ol girl even noticed she was home. I think that was pretty much the end, or at least the beginning of the end of those two.

Can somebody explain to me did Stringer snitch on Avon in Season 3? Im referring to the scene where McNulty showed Avon that piece of paper when he was arrested.

Yeah he did. String met Bunny Colvin in some parking lot and told him where Avon's spot was, and that he'd be there with all kinds of weapons and shit.

Last edited:

Rick Ronson

Banned
reminded me of the 80s-90s in dc......a fucked up time period i hated.

a bunch of self destructive ass niggas walking around.

i never watched it :smh:

fuck i want to relive that fucked up shit for?

i kept scanning the channel for some show that made black people look a little better

but just ended up turning the fucking tv off all together once i realized that's hard to find.

even niggas like seeing niggas in fucked up ass situations:lol:

Rick Ronson

Banned
showtime_weeds.jpg

notice the picture is painted differently ? ;)

they basically used this bitch to soften the american public's stance on weed

they still do the same shit....goes over niggas heads all day

then some niggas think the shit is cute :smh:

fuck tv:angry:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
TW.jpg

bubbles.jpg
250px-The_Wire_Johnny.jpg

[/B]

he dipped out the party because that wasnt his scene. that wasnt what he wanted to do with himself. he went back to the corner picked the fight stood there and looked around because that was what he was used to. in the party he looked around and was uncomfortable. when he looked around on the corner and he was home.

also it tied into stringer. stringer died trying to get to where marlo didnt even want to be

Im_Too_Cool

Star
Registered

Yeah he did. String met Bunny Colvin in some parking lot and told him where Avon's spot was, and that he'd be there with all kinds of weapons and shit.

This part really pissed me off :angry:

I wish the Avon vs Marlo beef could have lasted longer. I wonder who would have won in the end if things were snitch free :rolleyes:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I gotta couple questions myself too. Like:

herc lost his job over the camera marlo found and wouldnt give back.

yea stringer snitched thats what they showed avon when they got him, that stringers name was on the affidavit. avon sold out stringer too which is why he died

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
when Marlo slipped out of the party and went on the corner and got into it with the dope boys, were they trying to imply that Marlo said fuck it and to go back to the drug game?
I think its whatever you make out of it because some view it differently.But I think it shows how Marlo went back to what he knows and thats the streets but the streets have moved on and thats the end of his reign.His and alot of the others are dead,locked up or aren't factors anymore in the game...but it continue's on with new players(next generation,aka young boys on the corner marlo confronted).

typical_negro21

Support BGOL
Registered
If memory serves me...

He got fired at the end of season 4 behind that camera he used without authorization being stole. After that Levy hired him as his own personal investigator/police liason.

I forgot which episode exactly, but they broke up. Im season 5 Kima visits her and gives her some money for her/their kid.

Edit: Actually, they showed Kima walking in the apartment and seeing 'ol girl holding the baby and she realized she didn't want the whole family situation, so she walked out quietly before 'ol girl even noticed she was home. I think that was pretty much the end, or at least the beginning of the end of those two.

Thanks a lot man. Also do you know what Sen. Clayton Davis was on trial for? I know he was fucking w/ Stringer for a lil bit in Season 3 -- but I didn't really pay attention to what was goin on (too busy focusing on the murders lol).

HisFlyness

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Thanks a lot man. Also do you know what Sen. Clayton Davis was on trial for? I know he was fucking w/ Stringer for a lil bit in Season 3 -- but I didn't really pay attention to what was goin on (too busy focusing on the murders lol).

Damn, I don't know what the exact charges were.

But it was just about his overall corruptness(that's not a word:smh:)and shady financial dealings. Remember when his driver was on the stand they brought up misusing money that was supposed to be used for a basketball league, as well as the driver getting caught coming out the towers with drug money, and shit like that, that's pretty much was what it was about.

Fuck it, I don't know. Although I remember Lester was tryin to tie him to the drug money during his investigation.

philly33

Potential Star
Registered
Damn, I don't know what the exact charges were.

But it was just about his overall corruptness(that's not a word:smh:)and shady financial dealings. Remember when his driver was on the stand they brought up misusing money that was supposed to be used for a basketball league, as well as the driver getting caught coming out the towers with drug money, and shit like that, that's pretty much was what it was about.

Fuck it, I don't know. Although I remember Lester was tryin to tie him to the drug money during his investigation.
It was about misusing of political funds, in one of the scenes, they talked about a certain donation of money for political purposes and that same amount going into his personal account.

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's one of my all time favs too. But yo the box set at Best Buy is expensive as hell.

yo it is im so glad awhile back i caught the box set on sale at amazon.com for 79 dollars bullshit you not me and my whole family order that bitch. I dont know if it was priced wrong or what that shit only lasted about 3 days then the price sky rocketed

orkinmanp

Potential Star
Registered
I'M ABOUT TO DROP A MAJOR REVELATION FOR SOME OF YA'LL NIGGAS!!!

Cheese, Prop Joe's nephew/killer, was Randy's father. Randy was the kid from Season 4 who was accused of being a snitch and had his house burned down. David Simon said he originally intended to pursue the story line, but felt he had to much to wrap up in season 5. If you were a hardcore fan you might have noticed they had the same last name. Wagstaff or something similar to that.

JJWALKER

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
mv1579.jpg

Was Commissioner Willian Rawls gay?
Remember this scene where Brother Mouzone & Lamar were searching for Omar at that gay bar? (Skip to the 3:00min mark. You'll see him at the 4:20 mark)
:lol:

Last edited:

Mike In Bmore

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Useless triva:

Leo Fitzpatrick's character, the white kid who hung with Bubbles, was diagnosed with AIDS. He was a zombie anyways so the overdose didn't matter. Leo's character in KIDS had AIDS and his quest was to fuck every virgin he could.

KrafMatik

Rising Star
Registered
I got one:

From the very first season you learn Daniels did some dirt back in the day...did it ever come out exactly what that dirt was?

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
Just to add to the last scene with Marlo, someone has already mentioned that Marlo was getting handed to him at that party everything that Stringer wanted. But he went back out into the streets and heard the corner kids talking about Omar, not him. Simply put, Marlo's name didn't ring out in the streets. Remember the scene with him in jail? The only time Marlo EVER raised his voice or got mad was when Omar was in the street calling him a bitch. His name was the only thing he really cared about.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered

The thing with Stringer didn't have to do with his case, Stringer was trying to build businesses and real estate and shit with the drug money and he went to Clay to handle all the paperwork and political shit like hook him up with the right people - and I think String wanted some chair of power because he kept telling Clay he wanted to "run" but Clay would always say "First you crawl, then you walk, then you run" - but Clay was basically just taking his money and bullshitting him. String finally realized after he told Levy what he was doing and that's why String wanted Slim Charles to take out Clay.

I think Levy was trying to do the same to Marlo in the finale.

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
I got one:

From the very first season you learn Daniels did some dirt back in the day...did it ever come out exactly what that dirt was?

Good question. Supposedly he had a couple hundred thousand in liquid assets, so he had either stolen a large sum or money or been bribed or paid off. I don't think that question was ever answered.

FLoss

“You better learn to work with the illegals nigga”
BGOL Investor
^^^ Yeah. They never did follow up on the Rawls gay bar story. And :eek:@ Cheese being Randy's father. I need to go through some of that bonus material.

Question for the hardcore fans: How did the hoppers know that Dozerman (the cop that got shot in his car during season three) was an undercover? Remember Bunk spent most of the season trying to recover his gun? I always thought it was just a random murder/robbery of a whiteboy trying to buy drugs in the streets, but it wasn't.

Last edited:

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered
I got one:

I think the most they said was that he had a couple hundred thousand in liquid assets and was investigated for Corruption by the FBI, I think that was Season One or Two and was said by McNulty's boy in the FBI.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
I believe that the "dirt" that the commish (the black one) had on Daniels was not that bad, but that he could use it to manipulate the PRESS and publicly ruin the guy's career (and his wife's career as well). So it was probably some shit like taking a bribe or turning his head while something dirty was going on under his command.

Media played a huge part in this series right from the beginning

LeroyDibiase

Rising Star
Registered

Clay Davis was brought up on laundering charges. The exact charges were that he had done fundraisers for a basketball charity, but the paperwork didn't match up with the money. It was alleged that he would take the money for himself. They also had him for lying on a federal loan application but decided not to pursue that, as that would make the case fed and take it out of the jurisdiction of Bond.
I got one:

He worked DEA, so basically what he was doing was skimming off of seizures (like Carver and Herc) and/or possibly taking payoffs. There was never a direct connection made (he would've been fired), but there was enough "circumstantial" evidence to make him look real bad.

^^^ Yeah. They never did follow up on the Rawls gay bar story. And :eek:@ Cheese being Randy's father. I need to go through some of that bonus material.

Question for the hardcore fans: How did the hoppers know that Dozerman (the cop that got shot in his car during season three) was an undercover? I always thought it was just a random murder/robbery of a whiteboy trying to buy drugs in the streets, but it wasn't.

The Cheese as Randy's father wasn't brought up until after the series was done and mentioned at a panel that Simon was speaking on.

I don't think they knew that Dozerman was undercover, they just saw a corny looking White boy who wanted to buy a bunch of weight and decided to rob that nigga. He dated a Black chick, so you know he was one of those therealjondoe-type wiggers who think they're down and it was obvious to real niggas that he was out of place.

Les W

Star
Registered
I'M ABOUT TO DROP A MAJOR REVELATION FOR SOME OF YA'LL NIGGAS!!!

Cheese, Prop Joe's nephew/killer, was Randy's father. Randy was the kid from Season 4 who was accused of being a snitch and had his house burned down. David Simon said he originally intended to pursue the story line, but felt he had to much to wrap up in season 5. If you were a hardcore fan you might have noticed they had the same last name. Wagstaff or something similar to that.
Noticed that but thought they was jus kin...btw it was Meth ...chris kilt prop joe
mv1579.jpg

Was Commissioner Willian Rawls gay?
Remember this scene where Brother Mouzone & Lamar were searching for Omar at that gay bar? (Skip to the 3:00min mark. You'll see him at the 4:20 mark)
:lol:

Yeah that's why he was such a dick :lol: