The Cosby Show

jucurious

agent of change
BGOL Investor
I was on youtube and came across a lot of episodes and started to watch them...I LOVE the Cosby Show! As I watched it I thought about all the threads about the issues within "black love" and how the man has to be in complete control and how the women's role is blah blah blah so I must ask....

What do yall think of the the Cosby's relationship? Is it ideal? Is it possible? Is it realistic?

If yall want me to I will try to post some clips of episodes...I promise you I can watch the Cosby show all day!!

AristotlesOwn

Star
Registered
It is possible and very realistic. My parents set a comparable precedent within our home as far as valuing education and striving to be excellent in all of our endeavors. I would prefer that my household be run in a similar manner.

Also, the man doesn't always have to be in control when he finds the RIGHT woman; very important.

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
I always looked at The Cosby Show as the ideal model family. It was a pleasant change from shows like That's My Momma, What's Happening and Good Times. Julia was the one exception to the stereotypical shows that began to appear in the 70's. But she also had to struggle with a child and no man in the home and the show didn't last very long.

Why was it we always had to struggle on those shows? No father, can't make ends meet and can't get a job. Good Times was the worse. The father was there in the beginning and couldn't get a job even at the car wash and mom doing anything she can to feed her children.

We watched them shows because it was good to see black faces on TV. Not because they were good programs. The Cosby show was the one that changed all that.

Was it ideal? Yes. Was it possible? Of course. Is it realistic? Yes its realistic. There are black families that do live decent lives and don't struggle. I'm not saying they are the majority but the do exist and should also be represented on TV.

I never knew what it was to not have food to eat or no place to sleep. I was taught the the same values like education, family, and responsibility that were stressed on the Cosby show. I commended Cosby for showing another side to black life. :yes:

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
Cliff and Claire would have to be one of the best in the country in their fields to afford that house in brooklyn now.

jucurious

agent of change
BGOL Investor
ok...

what about the dynamic between Cliff and Clair? what about thier relationship with one another?

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
Cliff knew his role. Claire held the house down. When Cliff got out of hand she put his ass in the headlock.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I personally liked The Cosby Show with Doug E Doug and T'Keyah Crystal Keym more than the Huxtable Cosby Show