The complete and utter bollocks that is "karma"

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I feel karma is real in my own life. I know all the choices I have made good and bad, and I can sit up here and tell all the good and bad that has returned to me because of my choices. I don't give a fuck what anybody says, a greater power (whatever god,spirit,tree,lucky charm,you choose) created us. Karma goes hand in hand with the words "Do on to others what you wish done on to you". When all said and done,the first place to observe karma or whatever.......Your Own Life.

Speaking for myself (first to admit I don't walk the most righteous path myself) I have a belief that for whatever negative energy you put out, you need to put 10x as much positive.

Gave a dollar, looking for 98cents back

Well, there it is. Your beliefs are extremely interesting, xo4sho. Many thanks for sharing them with us

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Karma is nonsense. Even the bible goes on about something similar, although it doesn't use the term: Whosoever lives by the sword shall die by the sword.

Again, absolute bollocks. Plenty of people die by the sword who've never "lived by it" in the first place, and we all know those that seem to "live by the sword" that die peacefully in their beds at a ripe old age. Look at Pinochet, Pol Pot and others.

If karma were some kind of real phenomenon, all good people would live to old age and never have ill health. All criminals would be sad, lonely cripples, and you could be as sure as the sun comes up every morning that your actions would lead to a predictable outcome.

But we all know that just isn't so.

Of course, you might want to believe the even more ridiculous notion that we get "re-incarnated", and somehow live out some karmic destiny, but that, just like "God" is utter, self-deluding baloney.

Karma is as real as luck.

It's an illusion.

I guess you think, you live and die and that is it...

of course there is reincarnation, why you think babies are born with diseases and shyt,

with one arm, you pay for everything you do, the purpose of life is to evolve.

look we just going to have to agree to disagree.

You just live your life and learn...

spiritual retardation is real and is a choice!

btw

pol pot or pinochet, everyone gets whats coming to them...

some you will hear about it and some you wont.....

remember jeffery dahmer...????

you think we are merely flesh and bones you dont realize we are just energy that can be transformed...

and thats what death is, just a transformation...

but if its bullocks to you..... so be it...:)

harlem1nyc

Star
Registered
Karma - Good people do good things and usually surround themselves with good people.....Shitbags (bad people) usually stink and draw creatures who love to wallow in shit!!!

-Ya Dig-

Iron

Support BGOL
Registered
There's some good responses in here. :yes:

The people who don't believe in karma are makin it too complicated.

It's not instant and it isn't always obvious.

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I guess you think, you live and die and that is it...

of course there is reincarnation, why you think babies are born with diseases and shyt,

with one arm, you pay for everything you do, the purpose of life is to evolve.

look we just going to have to agree to disagree.

You just live your life and learn...

spiritual retardation is real and is a choice!

btw

pol pot or pinochet, everyone gets whats coming to them...

some you will hear about it and some you wont.....

remember jeffery dahmer...????

you think we are merely flesh and bones you dont realize we are just energy that can be transformed...

and thats what death is, just a transformation...

but if its bullocks to you..... so be it...:)

The idea that someone up above is actually watching and keeping score is obviously complete bollocks and Karma, is nonsense. There is absolutely no evidence for karma as a phenomenon, and as a concept it reeks of irrationality.

You really do need to understand the difference between rational and irrational beliefs.

An example of a rational belief will always be accompanied by evidence and a rational explanation. I can say "I believe my car will start in the morning" because it did today, yesterday and the previous unpteen times. I believe it will because I have no reason not to.

If I say "I believe I will catch a fish today" when I know that probability isn't likely to confirm that, then that's an example of an irrational belief.

My catching a fish wouldn't prove my belief. It would be mere coincidence if I caught a fish, and possibly it would compound my irrational thinking.

Karma is nonsense the same way 2+2=5 is nonsense.

Neither of them add up. Neither of them make sense. I can "believe" 2+2=5 till hell freezes over, but I'd be wrong.

DAYNE

Star
Registered
l_81b393d6e0151b91aba30ca138f2a9a8.jpg

who is this bitch

eyezred

Potential Star
Registered
Karma is fixed law..it has no pattern.. you cant do somthing good on monday and be like "next thursday im gettin some good back" .
it doesnt work like that.. you might do really good things and have the worst luck and misfortune for your whole life time. but the next life time , or maybe in the spirtual realm somthings really good manifest..

also , you shouldnt really do good just for the sake of rewards. thats no genuine .. being good should just be your natural nature//

its not a reward system its a learning system

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Karma is fixed law..it has no pattern.. you cant do somthing good on monday and be like "next thursday im gettin some good back" .
it doesnt work like that.. you might do really good things and have the worst luck and misfortune for your whole life time. but the next life time , or maybe in the spirtual realm somthings really good manifest..

also , you shouldnt really do good just for the sake of rewards. thats no genuine .. being good should just be your natural nature//

its not a reward system its a learning system

But that's nothing to do with "karma" which is recognised by Buddhists and new agers as some "cosmic principle of cause and effect".

It's a common sense societal thing. It's something you do if you want to be part of an effective and balanced society - unless you're a bully or a sociopath, of course. And it seems to me that a lot of those do rather well in life.

I mean, take George Bush for instance.

How has his "karma" affected him?

Can anyone tell me that for each of the 250,000 people drowned in the tsunami, they were all paying some "karmic debt"?

Absolute bollocks!

Then, of course, they'll tell you that each of the 250,000 had some karmic debt to pay from some past life.

Bollocks!

eyezred

Potential Star
Registered
But that's nothing to do with "karma" which is recognised by Buddhists and new agers as some "cosmic principle of cause and effect".

It's a common sense societal thing. It's something you do if you want to be part of an effective and balanced society - unless you're a bully or a sociopath, of course. And it seems to me that a lot of those do rather well in life.

I mean, take George Bush for instance.

How has his "karma" affected him?

Can anyone tell me that for each of the 250,000 people drowned in the tsunami, they were all paying some "karmic debt"?

Absolute bollocks!

Then, of course, they'll tell you that each of the 250,000 had some karmic debt to pay from some past life.

Bollocks!

Your thinking like its all about THIS life time right now.
To comprehend why each and every person/soul died in that tsunami or any tragedy would be impossible.

The only way you being a skeptic (which there is nothing wrong in being) will learn about karma would be personaly experience. But if you're open minded I really suggest you read this book by Michael Newton, Ph.D

The author is a hypnotherapist who has spent years researching (via his clients) what occurs during the moments just after death via a unique use of hypnosis. Instead of using it for past life regression, the author stumbled upon a way to use hypnosis for having patients describe the process BETWEEN incarnations and the processes leading up to a soul's incarnation. In great detail, the author provides a composite view taken from numerous hypnosis sessions with multiple clients to give the reader an overarching perspective of what we can expect just after death and during the transition between incarnations.

This book will answer alot of questions you may have. And please take into account that every patient under hypnosis , said the exact same thing about the afterlife and karma. its all documented interviews with each case supporting one another.

hope it helps you..

dagoon121

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nonsense. It's nothing to do with "belief" of karma existing. Karma is just plain irrational. Karma is magical thinking, that's all: like astrology, magick, voodoo, and all the other bullshit.

Karma is the product of poor thinking. That's all there is to it.

its not nonsense......karma is ya blessings and ya curses
in otherr words...their is no such thing as "karma" ppl are just fucked up in their thinking that they'll do anything to go around admitting to god

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
its not nonsense......karma is ya blessings and ya curses
in otherr words...their is no such thing as "karma" ppl are just fucked up in their thinking that they'll do anything to go around admitting to god

You sound like one of those Church going folks. Look the idea of karma being rubbish - just like the promise of heaven, it is an attempt to crystallise moral claims in terms of getting a later benefit (or punishment for bad behaviour) to motivate people.

I also think that, in reality, people benefit from immoral behaviour, and some people act perfectly morally and get shat on (this is from simple observation). Doesn't seem to be much karma there...so maybe it's all coming out in the next life.

However, surely the whole idea of morality is that it's about doing the right thing and avoiding the wrong thing, regardless of whether you benefit personally or not. Otherwise it wouldn't be "morality", it would be "self-interested behaviour".