The complete and utter bollocks that is "karma"

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Do you believe in "Karma"? Personally I think Karma is no different to "God". It's daft thinking. Doing good to others doesn't lead to good things happening to you any more than doing bad things leads to bad things happening.

Plenty of evil people live to ripe old ages, and their luck seems absolute.

And of course they say the good die young.

"Karma", I posit, is a complete crock of shit.

What makes people - or to be more precise, you - think that "karma" is a real phenomenon?

GULLAH JACK

D.R.O.P. SQUAD General
BGOL Investor
Some people see it as a law of nature in that putting out positivity leads to positivity for yourself & putting out negativity leads to negativity for yourself. Basically, you get back what you put out and in most cases this is true. I'm not saying that I believe in karma, but I live my life according to many laws of nature. My job is to transform negative energy, not to transmit it.

AtomAnt

Cookie Monster Cookie Jar
BGOL Investor
Do you believe in "Karma"? Personally I think Karma is no different to "God". It's daft thinking. Doing good to others doesn't lead to good things happening to you any more than doing bad things leads to bad things happening.

What makes people - or to be more precise, you - think that "karma" is a real phenomenon?
where are you from?!? - I ask because of the slangs you use - I never heard 'em before...

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
I've recenlty been question the "law" and although many people agree that it is real, I just think it has to do with the ole "catch fly with honey not vinegar" type of cliche. I've seen really rotten assed people do things and gone unchecked. So, under the law of Karma I'm lead to believe that that person will have the same or worse done to them in the present, near or far future (i.e. next life). I fail to see this. That's saying that the universe has a system of retribution based on one's action--a checks and balance if you will. I think it's a bit more random than that.

One thing poeple say is that people wish these things upon themselves or attract it to themselves from their past life. Okay, so when innocent children are slaughtered or killed by violent acts from strangers or nature, they asked for this? I might be confused with "The Secret" but it still reeks of some sort of "payback" of what that child did in his/her former life.

For Karma to be a law it also has to be directly observable dozens of times over just as any other scientific phenomena deemed law (gravity, inertia, relativity, etc.) . I don't place too much merit in it, but believe it is better to treat people with kindness for the benefit of your own moral/ethical beliefs and as not to attract people to you with harm and intent. Common sense really: If you keep agitating someone, then at some point you should respect retalitation which in most cases it's true. There are times when it goes unchecked.

Dert Bagg

Star
Registered
Most people in the West who claim a belief in Karma, don't have a clue about what it really means in full practice. Karma isn't just forward looking. Its also a theory of the past and the now. And it has been used historically to justify oppression and inequality on the basis that if your life is fucked up now, it is because you must have done some fucked up shit in the past to deserve it. Homeless? ...don't ask me for shit, that's just Karma paying you back, homey. Hindu caste systems have been justified on this basis.

Pure bullshit.

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
What goes around, comes around. It's the law

But it is superseded by the golden rule:
He who has the gold (and the guns), makes the rules

bajanbadman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
every action has an opposite and equal reaction, that's basically karma, combine that thought with univeral oneness or even the butterfly effect and u get an idea what karma's about... just don't go thinking that cause u kick a homeless dude today, that someone will kick u tomorrow, could come next lifetime could come in stages... that's the basics

l_81b393d6e0151b91aba30ca138f2a9a8.jpg

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ohh yeah, and in Tibet, the Lamas used the doctrine of Karma to justify their oppression. The poor and downtrodden had only themselves to blame for their situation because they must have been bad in previous incarnations.

Thank goodness the Chinese government put an end to this.

Marculo

Potential Star
Registered
Karma is bullshit in my opinion. And the funny thing about it, it's always promoted by some fucker who doesn't believe in God! But he believes in the yin and yang and scientology and this bullshit!

This shit is supposed to be logical but believing in God is just too far out there. So this random law of someone's imagination is to be taken as real and I should believe in it?

If you can't believe in the Golden Rule then why the fuck should I believe in some bullshit mystical force that doesn't exist? If you're an atheist then you should believe in fucking karma either!

osirianprncpl

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Karma is the effect of one's choices. There is good/good karma..bad/bad karma...and good/bad karma (no good deed goes unpunished). Evil people live to old age because they have completely given their souls to ill works, so they get to thrive in hell.

Good karma never comes as or when you want it...bad karma is usually immediate and more debilitating. They are also times of test...and it is your actions to these test which define your destiny..here, and later.

Damian Stone

I saw a real UFO....
BGOL Investor
Pure BS....

It's the same principle of heaven that was pushed by Christians at some point, the more you suffer here the more golden your crown will be in paradise.

Fuck the next life, I live my life right here right now!

mannish

Potential Star
Registered
Karma is bullshit in my opinion. And the funny thing about it, it's always promoted by some fucker who doesn't believe in God! But he believes in the yin and yang and scientology and this bullshit!

This shit is supposed to be logical but believing in God is just too far out there. So this random law of someone's imagination is to be taken as real and I should believe in it?

If you can't believe in the Golden Rule then why the fuck should I believe in some bullshit mystical force that doesn't exist? If you're an atheist then you should believe in fucking karma either!

C/S

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Karma is the effect of one's choices. There is good/good karma..bad/bad karma...and good/bad karma (no good deed goes unpunished). Evil people live to old age because they have completely given their souls to ill works, so they get to thrive in hell.

Good karma never comes as or when you want it...bad karma is usually immediate and more debilitating. They are also times of test...and it is your actions to these test which define your destiny..here, and later.

Trouble is - people often find it easier to avoid dealing with injustice by:

(a) praying to a deity to intervene for them,

and/or

(b) copping out of their own personal responsibility by thinking that "karma will get the bad guys in the end".

That's why religions created the concept of hell. Innit?

osirianprncpl

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Trouble is - people often find it easier to avoid dealing with injustice by:

(a) praying to a deity to intervene for them,

and/or

(b) copping out of their own personal responsibility by thinking that "karma will get the bad guys in the end".

That's why religions created the concept of hell. Innit?

Not really...current religions took the concept of the "abyss" and called it hell. The abyss was were corrupt souls was casted after judgement.

The christian religion has made God a concept of salvation, but you are your own source of salvation...some injustices (personal) are test of the seven deadly sins, other injustices (intra-personal) are crimes against the God or "good" concept, and should be dealt with accordingly.

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not really...current religions took the concept of the "abyss" and called it hell. The abyss was were corrupt souls was casted after judgement.

The christian religion has made God a concept of salvation, but you are your own source of salvation...some injustices (personal) are test of the seven deadly sins, other injustices (intra-personal) are crimes against the God or "good" concept, and should be dealt with accordingly.

Rubbish, pure unadulterated rubbish. we all know that's nonsense. "What goes around comes around" is silly. Stuff comes around, whether it's shit or sweet. There's no connection to what's gone before unless there's a real and tangible connection. I feel pain when I stick a knife in my hand not because of karma, but because there's a knife in my hand.

If I kick a dog and then get run over by a car the next day, that's only coincidence. Plenty of people kick dogs without getting run over, and plenty of people get run over by cars even though they've been the kindest, sweetest people imaginable.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

wow I dont know where to begin....

Karma is real and happens everyday in your life....

Ok remember ronald reagan, that fool knew and did nothing about crack being sold in inner city neighborhoods to fund wars for war profiteers in central america....

he thought it was cute to get up on the stand and testify that he didnt recall or he didnt remember....

fast forward 10 years bam he got his with alzheimers, the motherfucker REALLY couldnt recall shyt.....

just because you see someone living to ripe old ages, dont mean they are NOT suffering....

you only know what you see, there are worlds and universe's righgt in front of your eyes and you cant see them...

so basing the existence of karma or God on your vision is really a simple thing to do....

what is the source of energy keeping your blood flowing through your body?

you think that intelligent design is just a freak accident...

and how come atheist always doubt the existence of whether God exist but never question satans existence......

you aint never seen a thread on bgol or anywhere by any atheist questioning whether or not the devil is real....

NEVER..........

makes you wonder huh???

karma is real, you pay for everything you do...

steal something that doesnt belong to you and watch what happens to your shyt, when you least expect it and need it the most..

hurt someone or do something to somebodies child, and watch something happen to yours..

Remember Gotti, that fool thought it was cool to just have young men murked... because of something frivilous as money, that wasnt his in the first place..
anyway he thought he was untouchable..

Well the laws of karma supercede everything, even teflon dons...

his neighbor was backing out of the driveway, and ran over gotti's son...

all the teflon in the world couldnt stop karma from taking its course...

bush started off one of the most popular presidents after stealing the election. fast forward now he one of the worst presidents ever, he will be one of the richest when he leaves office but his legacy is fucked.....

the bush name will be a joke in the history book to come...

and when you are in politics, your legacy is everything, how you will be remembered is key....

and his karma lead him to a fucked up legacey.....

karma is real homie like the Creator......

you just try not to find out the hardway!!!

daakcyde

Potential Star
Registered
karma doesn't need to be related to god or any kinda spiritual deity...

there's a commercial that's been out for a minute where a black chick stops a dude from getting hit by a car, somebody sees this and helps somebody else, etc. etc. and by the end somebody helps the original chick to complete the cycle...

now i'm not saying that's how life plays out, but what i'm saying is, if people know you do good things for others, help others, etc. when they done and out, then when you down people are more likely to help you in return, to me that's karma coming back at you... you do foul shit then people will treat you the same, again karma...

just my two cents on it...

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
wow I dont know where to begin....

Karma is real and happens everyday in your life....

Ok remember ronald reagan, that fool knew and did nothing about crack being sold in inner city neighborhoods to fund wars for war profiteers in central america....

he thought it was cute to get up on the stand and testify that he didnt recall or he didnt remember....

fast forward 10 years bam he got his with alzheimers, the motherfucker REALLY couldnt recall shyt.....

just because you see someone living to ripe old ages, dont mean they are NOT suffering....

you only know what you see, there are worlds and universe's righgt in front of your eyes and you cant see them...

so basing the existence of karma or God on your vision is really a simple thing to do....

what is the source of energy keeping your blood flowing through your body?

you think that intelligent design is just a freak accident...

and how come atheist always doubt the existence of whether God exist but never question satans existence......

you aint never seen a thread on bgol or anywhere by any atheist questioning whether or not the devil is real....

NEVER..........

makes you wonder huh???

karma is real, you pay for everything you do...

steal something that doesnt belong to you and watch what happens to your shyt, when you least expect it and need it the most..

hurt someone or do something to somebodies child, and watch something happen to yours..

Remember Gotti, that fool thought it was cool to just have young men murked... because of something frivilous as money, that wasnt his in the first place..
anyway he thought he was untouchable..

Well the laws of karma supercede everything, even teflon dons...

his neighbor was backing out of the driveway, and ran over gotti's son...

all the teflon in the world couldnt stop karma from taking its course...

bush started off one of the most popular presidents after stealing the election. fast forward now he one of the worst presidents ever, he will be one of the richest when he leaves office but his legacy is fucked.....

the bush name will be a joke in the history book to come...

and when you are in politics, your legacy is everything, how you will be remembered is key....

and his karma lead him to a fucked up legacey.....

karma is real homie like the Creator......

you just try not to find out the hardway!!!

Karma is nonsense. Even the bible goes on about something similar, although it doesn't use the term: Whosoever lives by the sword shall die by the sword.

Again, absolute bollocks. Plenty of people die by the sword who've never "lived by it" in the first place, and we all know those that seem to "live by the sword" that die peacefully in their beds at a ripe old age. Look at Pinochet, Pol Pot and others.

If karma were some kind of real phenomenon, all good people would live to old age and never have ill health. All criminals would be sad, lonely cripples, and you could be as sure as the sun comes up every morning that your actions would lead to a predictable outcome.

But we all know that just isn't so.

Of course, you might want to believe the even more ridiculous notion that we get "re-incarnated", and somehow live out some karmic destiny, but that, just like "God" is utter, self-deluding baloney.

Karma is as real as luck.

It's an illusion.

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
karma doesn't need to be related to god or any kinda spiritual deity...

there's a commercial that's been out for a minute where a black chick stops a dude from getting hit by a car, somebody sees this and helps somebody else, etc. etc. and by the end somebody helps the original chick to complete the cycle...

now i'm not saying that's how life plays out, but what i'm saying is, if people know you do good things for others, help others, etc. when they done and out, then when you down people are more likely to help you in return, to me that's karma coming back at you... you do foul shit then people will treat you the same, again karma...

just my two cents on it...

Another generalisation - or lets call it a nonsensical, mystical statement. You're where I was a couple of years ago, and I would have agreed with pretty much everything you're saying.

But the reality is you're down with new age bollocks, as I was then.

Karma is as daft and irrational a concept as luck, but it's been given a new age claptrap facelift, that's all.

I remind me of some who try to equate karma with Newton's laws of motion. Fact is, human interaction is far more closely aligned to chaos or the butterfly effect than direct consequence from specific actions.

Karma is mumbo jumbo that's rooted in irrational thinking just the same as all religious nonsense is.

dagoon121

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
KARMA IS a piece of god's judgement
thats why you'll hear lot of people speakin about karma
because we're soon approachin judgement times

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
how am i wrong...wat is wrong?

Because god doesn't exist and i am perfectly happy to embrace any concept if there is a totally independent, objective and externally verifiable and peer reviewed body of evidence for said concept.

The same applies for every other single supernatural concept that anyone cares to mention.

Show me proper evidence, supported by experimental and observational corroboration of the existence of Karma, and I'll take it seriously.

MegaDell

Star
Registered
Because god doesn't exist and i am perfectly happy to embrace any concept if there is a totally independent, objective and externally verifiable and peer reviewed body of evidence for said concept.

The same applies for every other single supernatural concept that anyone cares to mention.

Show me proper evidence, supported by experimental and observational corroboration of the existence of Karma, and I'll take it seriously.

Show me proof that there is life outside of earth out there. Or that there is no god.

Can't. I don't believe in Karma as some kind of, force or energy that helps or hurts you. Rather as a way to live. Cheat on your spouse and it'll be just a matter of time before you get caught and all hell breaks loose.

dagoon121

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

DAWG U gotta be a fool..the way u talkin it seem like karma is ur god
stop limitng god to ur own stupid corrupt fucked up so call knowledge and understandings.....:smh::angry:
karma is deeper than wat u think it is .....it deals wit ur bloodline
u get karma from your behaviour now and from those of ya first generation bloodline
DO U KNOW THAT GOD LIVE IN U
DO U KNOW THAT WEN U PRAY AND SAY "GOD FORGIVE ME" U NOT ONLY PRAYING FOR YASELF...UR PRAYING FOR YA BLOODLINE(FAMILY)
DO U KNOW THAT..GOOD KARMA OR BAD KARMA ARE CURSES AND BLSSINGS..
SHIT DONT JUST HAPPENS...ITS ALWAYS SUMTHING BEHIND IT
DO U KNOW THAT U ARE WHO U ARE...U BEHAVIOUR THE WAY U DO FOR A REASON...
U DIDNT THINK THAT PPL JUST ALL THE SUDDEN PICK UP YA HABITS AND TALENTS...ITS INBRED FROM GENERATIONS BEFORE THEM
U SHOULD KNOW THA KARMA IS NUTHIN BUT A CURSE.....N A BLESSING

MegaDell

Star
Registered
stop limitng god to ur own stupid corrupt fucked up so call knowledge and understandings.....:smh::angry:
u get karma from your behaviour now and from those of ya first generation bloodline
DO U KNOW THAT WEN U PRAY AND SAY "GOD FORGIVE ME" U NOT ONLY PRAYING FOR YASELF...UR PRAYING FOR YA BLOODLINE(FAMILY)
U DIDNT THINK THAT PPL JUST ALL THE SUDDEN PICK UP YA HABITS AND TALENTS...ITS INBRED FROM GENERATIONS BEFORE THEM

Unless you're typing this shit on an iphone, use your damn keyboard and stop abbreviating everything and stop raping the english language..

xo4sho

Potential Star
Registered
I feel karma is real in my own life. I know all the choices I have made good and bad, and I can sit up here and tell all the good and bad that has returned to me because of my choices. I don't give a fuck what anybody says, a greater power (whatever god,spirit,tree,lucky charm,you choose) created us. Karma goes hand in hand with the words "Do on to others what you wish done on to you". When all said and done,the first place to observe karma or whatever.......Your Own Life.

Speaking for myself (first to admit I don't walk the most righteous path myself) I have a belief that for whatever negative energy you put out, you need to put 10x as much positive.

Gave a dollar, looking for 98cents back

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Nonsense. It's nothing to do with "belief" of karma existing. Karma is just plain irrational. Karma is magical thinking, that's all: like astrology, magick, voodoo, and all the other bullshit.

Karma is the product of poor thinking. That's all there is to it.