Tech Biz News: T-Mobile imposes $5 monthly price hike on customers using older plans

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
After that bullshit, they tried pulled last year. I told you guys they was going to try to do something similar again, but on the lower scale. T-Mobile inherited a lot of Legacy accounts from Sprint and those accounts are at a fixed low price. This is going to be interesting times for them. I was afraid one of these companies was going to start doing this bullshit because you technically only have three Wireless telecom companies in America right now.

Last edited:

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
I recently left AT&T after 20 years for T-Mobile. So far it’s been a great move. The perks T-Mobile has are dope especially the international use and free texting on flights.

Should’ve moved sooner.
T-Mobile is treating their older accounts like stepchildren. But they are treating their new accounts with open arms and rolling out the red carpet for them. This do not make any damn sense :smh:

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
Guess katts don't have spectrum mobile available near them. Got me on that free for 12 months plan loving life.

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
After that bullshit, they tried pulled last year. I told you guys they was going to try to do something similar again, but on the lower scale. T-Mobile inherited a lot of Legacy accounts from Sprint and those accounts are at a fixed low price. This is going to be interesting times for them. I was afraid one of these companies was going to start doing this bullshit because you technically only have three Wireless telecom companies in America right now.
I'm one of those legacy plan customers. Flat rate, no data throttling, unlimited everything

i got the text message about the increase last week I think... pissed me smooth off.

I'm so ready to switch to another carrier, but fuck man I've been with sprint (now T-Mobile) for over 25 years. If I call and complain about anything they just give me whatever I want to fix my issue and shut me up. Once they did do that data throttling shit to me and I noticed it... I called in complaining about it, threatening to leave, so they gave me a big ass credit on my bill.

Definitely don't see myself getting that type of service with a new carrier.

THREAD_CRITIC

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You have to be in a good area if you have one or two bars on your phone for 5G at your home didn’t do not get it because your service is going to suck.

Yes!! Very important to have 5g coverage the box is portable so you can take it anywhere I took it to a cabin in Tennessee connection was absolute ass only 1 bar still got like 100 mbps. You’re in DC so you shouldn’t have any issues

KRAYZIE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm one of those legacy plan customers. Flat rate, no data throttling, unlimited everything

i got the text message about the increase last week I think... pissed me smooth off.

I'm so ready to switch to another carrier, but fuck man I've been with sprint (now T-Mobile) for over 25 years. If I call and complain about anything they just give me whatever I want to fix my issue and shut me up. Once they did do that data throttling shit to me and I noticed it... I called in complaining about it, threatening to leave, so they gave me a big ass credit on my bill.

Definitely don't see myself getting that type of service with a new carrier.
An this right here is why I can't ever see myself leaving them. Those fuckahs have me in a 22 year vice grip

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
images
30-price-lock-guarantee-400x300-1-1

dik cashmere

Freaky Tah gettin high that's my brother
BGOL Investor
@playahaitian @jack walsh13 @tallblacknyc @easy_b

KEY POINTS
  • Shares of U.S. Cellular jumped after T-Mobile announced Tuesday that it plans to acquire most of U.S. Cellular in a deal worth $4.4 billion.
  • T-Mobile said it will use U.S. Cellular wireless spectrum to improve coverage in rural areas.
  • U.S. Cellular will retain some of its wireless spectrum and towers and lease space on at least 2,100 additional towers to T-Mobile.

dik cashmere

Freaky Tah gettin high that's my brother
BGOL Investor
Shares of U.S. Cellular popped more than 12% Tuesday after T-Mobile announced that it plans to acquire most of the company, including the wireless operator’s stores, some of its spectrum assets and its customers in a deal worth $4.4 billion.

The deal includes cash and up to $2 billion of debt, according to a press release from T-Mobile. Up to $100 million of the deal’s cash portion depends on certain financial and operating metrics being met between its signing and closing, according to a separate press release from U.S. Cellular.

Shares of T-Mobile closed up around 1% for the session after hitting a new high of $168.71 during intraday trading.

T-Mobile will acquire about 30% of U.S. Cellular’s wireless spectrum as part of the deal, according to the U.S. Cellular release. It plans to use that to improve coverage in rural areas while offering better connectivity to U.S. Cellular customers around the United States, the two companies announced. The company said it will allow U.S. Cellular customers to keep their current plans or switch to a T-Mobile plan.

Both companies said that U.S. Cellular will retain 70% of its wireless spectrum and towers and will lease space on at least 2,100 additional towers to T-Mobile. The deal will also allow T-Mobile to sign new long-term leases on at least 2,015 U.S. Cellular-owned towers and extend existing leases on about 600 others, U.S. Cellular said in its release.

This will give U.S. Cellular customers a “strong anchor tenant” for at least 15 years after the deal’s close, the company said.

The news follows T-Mobile’s $1.35 billion acquisition of Ka’ena, the parent company of Mint Mobile. The U.S. Federal Communications Commission approved that deal in April. T-Mobile merged with Sprint in 2020 in a deal worth $26 billion.

The Wall Street Journal reported earlier in May that T-Mobile and Verizon were in talks to “carve up” U.S. Cellular’s wireless spectrum but said a deal with Verizon on a separate transaction could take longer or fall through.

The companies expect the deal to close in mid-2025.