Tea party Rep.: Only $400,000 left after ‘I feed my family’

nittie

Star
Registered
Okay. Technically, Fleming is one of the 1% in one of the poorer states, so his whining is unjustified, unseemly, and unmanly.

Now you are just arguing. I don't know the man's background but Fleming's crime could be he was born into wealth and had access to opportunity most of us don't have. The real problem though is now those opportunites are being monopolized and this govt is doing nothing about it. Little guys like Fleming, and he is little, are not the problem it's those CEO's and their flunkies that are holding everyone down.

Last edited:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Now you are just arguing. I don't know the man's background but Fleming's crime could be he was born into wealth and had access to opportunity most of us don't have. The real problem though is now those opportunites are being monopolized and this govt is doing nothing about it. Little guys like Fleming, and he is little, are not the problem it's those CEO's and their flunkies that are holding everyone down.

No, his crime was whining about his prosperity in the face of his constituents' collective pain.
There are no "little guys" in the top 1%. There are some figures bigger than others but none of them should be considered "little guys".

nittie

Star
Registered
No, his crime was whining about his prosperity in the face of his constituents' collective pain.
There are no "little guys" in the top 1%. There are some figures bigger than others but none of them should be considered "little guys".

He's not whining he's explaining how after taxes and cost 90% of his money is gone. That makes him part of the 99% know it's hard to believe but it does. Remember a few years ago when messages boards were free now they have fees, that could have been stopped in it's tracks if people had just resisted but many didn't. It's the same thing with blaming a working guy like Fleming for the economy when people like Bill Clinton are being celebrated.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
He's not whining he's explaining how after taxes and cost 90% of his money is gone. That makes him part of the 99% know it's hard to believe but it does. Remember a few years ago when messages boards were free now they have fees, that could have been stopped in it's tracks if people had just resisted but many didn't. It's the same thing with blaming a working guy like Fleming for the economy when people like Bill Clinton are being celebrated.

No, it does not. By his own words, he brings home 400k-600k, that places him in at least the top 5% of earners in this country. He is not a working guy, there are no working guys in Congress. Working guys don't have the time to run for and serve in Congress.
If there's celebration of Bill Clinton, a millionaire, it's because he, like Barack Obama, doesn't pretend like he's "one of the folks" like Fleming, and even much richer characters like Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck.

nittie

Star
Registered
No, it does not. By his own words, he brings home 400k-600k, that places him in at least the top 5% of earners in this country. He is not a working guy, there are no working guys in Congress. Working guys don't have the time to run for and serve in Congress.
If there's celebration of Bill Clinton, a millionaire, it's because he, like Barack Obama, doesn't pretend like he's "one of the folks" like Fleming, and even much richer characters like Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck.

Seriously me and you can go back and forth on this but the real debate is being shaped while we do. It would be in everyone's best interest if we point out the real villians if there are any. Fleming probably doesn't sleep nights worrying about his businesses and his job in congress. Clinton and Obama are set for life. Clinton entered office as one of the poorest presidents and 8yrs after leaving he was worth 100 million. His wife had 20 million and no one knows how much his private foundation has. These people are sucking up all the money, freedom, opportunity.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Seriously me and you can go back and forth on this but the real debate is being shaped while we do. It would be in everyone's best interest if we point out the real villians if there are any. Fleming probably doesn't sleep nights worrying about his businesses and his job in congress. Clinton and Obama are set for life. Clinton entered office as one of the poorest presidents and 8yrs after leaving he was worth 100 million. His wife had 20 million and no one knows how much his private foundation has. These people are sucking up all the money, freedom, opportunity.

And only one of them is crying about how tough it is to get by on 600 thousand dollars. My whole point.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
He's not whining <SPAN style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00">he's explaining how after taxes</span> and cost 90% of his money is gone.

What the facts (as reported in the rawstory article) say:

source: Raw Story

“In my own case, I own LLCs,” Fleming told MSNBC’s Chris Jansing. “The income flows to my personal tax return and whatever is left over after taxes are paid, I feed my family on the one hand and on the other hand, I reinvest in my business.”

“With all due respect, The Wall Street Journal estimated that your businesses . . . brought you last year, over $6 million,”

“Yeah, that’s before you pay 500 employees, you pay rent, you pay equipment and food,” Fleming agreed. “Since my net income — and again, that’s the individual rate that I told you about — the amount that I have to reinvest in my business and feed my family is more like $600,000 of that $6.3 million. And so by the time I feed my family, I have maybe $400,000 left over to invest in new locations, upgrade my locations, buy more equipment.”

I know you don't explain shit, but I'm going to ask anyway: The article doesn't speak at all to any "taxes paid" by Fleming. So, how would you know how much, if any, taxes Fleming paid ???

The truth (whether or not you choose to explain), is that he's whining or you're whining for him, OR, you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Isn't that right ?

nittie

Star
Registered

What the facts (as reported in the rawstory article) say:

I know you don't explain shit, but I'm going to ask anyway: The article doesn't speak at all to any "taxes paid" by Fleming. So, how would you know how much, if any, taxes Fleming paid ???

The truth (whether or not you choose to explain), is that he's whining or you're whining for him, OR, you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Isn't that right ?

Read what the man is saying try doing it with a open mind. I know his point is one most people can understand if they listen without prejudice.

“In my own case, I own LLCs,” Fleming told MSNBC’s Chris Jansing. “The income flows to my personal tax return and whatever is left over after taxes are paid, I feed my family on the one hand and on the other hand, I reinvest in my business.”
“With all due respect, The Wall Street Journal estimated that your businesses, which I believe are Subway sandwich shops and UPS stores — very successful — brought you last year, over $6 million,” Jansing noted.

“Yeah, that’s before you pay 500 employees, you pay rent, you pay equipment and food,” Fleming agreed. “Since my net income — and again, that’s the individual rate that I told you about — the amount that I have to reinvest in my business and feed my family is more like $600,000 of that $6.3 million. And so by the time I feed my family, I have maybe $400,000 left over to invest in new locations, upgrade my locations, buy more equipment.”

“You do understand, Congressman, the average person out there making 40, 50, $60,000 a year, when they hear that you have $400,000 left over, it’s not exactly a sympathetic position?” Jansing asked.

“Again, class warfares never created a job,” Fleming replied. “That’s people that will not get jobs. This is all about creating jobs. It’s not about attacking people who make certain incomes. You know, in this country, most people feel that being successful in their businesses is a virtue, not a vice. And once we begin to identify it as a vice, this country is going down.”

$600,000 left out of 6 million dollars most people would be pissed about that.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Read what the man is saying try doing it with a open mind. I know his point is one most people can understand if they listen without prejudice.

I'm not Miss Cleo.

Please point out exactly where he mentioned the taxes he paid.

Point it out !!! NOW.

$600,000 left out of 6 million dollars most people would be pissed about that.
Just admit it nittie: You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

What, nittie, did Fleming spend 5.4 million on ? ? ?

Please be specific.

(and don't come back with more of your jibberish.)

nittie

Star
Registered
I'm not Miss Cleo.

Please point out exactly where he mentioned the taxes he paid.

Point it out !!! NOW.

Just admit it nittie: You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

What, nittie, did Fleming spend 5.4 million on ? ? ?

Please be specific.

(and don't come back with more of your jibberish.)

No joke...all bullshit aside...you don't see in bold print where he says.

The income flows to my personal tax return and whatever is left over after taxes are paid, I feed my family on the one hand and on the other hand, I reinvest in my business.”

What part of "whatever is left over after taxes paid" don't you understand and did you forget to take the Valium today.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
No joke...all bullshit aside...you don't see in bold print where he says.

What part of "whatever is left over after taxes paid" don't you understand and did you forget to take the Valium today.

All bullshit aside, do you read whats there or do you just make-up shit to suit your point ???

What part of "after taxes paid" tells your ass how much, IF ANY, taxes were paid ??? How much ???

He could have paid 2 dollars, 2 hundred dollars or 2 cents. By not having any details -- you're left with nothing more than surmise, guess, conjecture, and just talking out the side of your neck. But, WTF, thats not unusual.