Supreme Court unanimously ruled, states can punish Electoral College members who refuse to support candidate who won statewide presidential election

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
I am very surprised it was unanimous also they need to get rid of electoral college anyway in the future but this is very interesting. Also this is telling me that the powers that be is sick of Trump.

They do not want this mistake to happen again. Trump was the worst "what if". The electoral college really exposed this crooked Political system. When a president is 4yrs in and the people still can't figure out how the fuck he won, don't want him, can't get rid of him....... There's a serious problem.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
They do not want this mistake to happen again. Trump was the worst "what if". The electoral college really exposed this crooked Political system.

When a president is 4yrs in and the people still can't figure out how the fuck he won, don't want him, can't get rid of him....... There's a serious problem.

^^^^^

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Trump been taking mean L’s in the scotus lmaoooo

Them taxes next
You know he mad as shit right now bruh. :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

FsUhRO.jpg

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
I am very surprised it was unanimous also they need to get rid of electoral college anyway in the future but this is very interesting. Also this is telling me that the powers that be is sick of Trump.
Yep...I dont trust any polls when it comes to this guy but this right here should be setting off massive alarm bells in the White House...like a defcon 5 level oh shit moment

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
Yep...I dont trust any polls when it comes to this guy but this right here should be setting off massive alarm bells in the White House...like a defcon 5 level oh shit moment
Those alarm bells should have been going off two months ago But it is too late whoever is in that White House and want to salvage their career they better leave right now

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Those alarm bells should have been going off two months ago But it is too late whoever is in that White House and want to salvage their career they better leave right now
True...from the moment COVID really started dropping bodies after his less than optimal initial response, they should have been in panic mode

I want to believe its too late but this is an incredibly racist nation and it wouldnt surprise me if they take advantage of the current situation to make something jump off to tap into that racist sentiment...I put nothing past these people

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No they should never get rid of the Electoral College.
What the supreme court did today is exactly what a good court should have done.
Uphold the Consititution of its country!

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
I am not sure why yall think this is a blow to MAGA.

All the SCOTUS did was uphold precedent. This is how shit was supposed to be in the first place.

It just reaffirmed the electoral college. nothing changed.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
No they should never get rid of the Electoral College.
What the supreme court did today is exactly what a good court should have done.
Uphold the Consititution of its country!

no. the electoral college no longer serves a purpose.

it kind of made sense in colonial times. but now it is total bullshit.

popular vote of the nation should determine the president.

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member

You would have people campaign in major states and forget the rest. The electoral college isn’t the problem. It’s the candidates and their strategies.

You can’t argue for Al Gore and Hilary Clinton when they didn’t argue for themselves. Their lackadaisical approach to their campaigns is why they’re at that lowly position in history: losing to Jack asses.

The political process is a farce.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
You would have people campaign in major states and forget the rest. The electoral college isn’t the problem. It’s the candidates and their strategies.

You can’t argue for Al Gore and Hilary Clinton when they didn’t argue for themselves. Their lackadaisical approach to their campaigns is why they’re at that lowly position in history: losing to Jack asses.

The political process is a farce.

i don't see the problem with that.

what you are advocating for is what state senators/congressmen are for. they represent the interests of states. not the president.

and even with the electoral college presidents still spend the majority of their time and resources on large states or "swing states."

both al gore and hillary clinton literally had elections stolen from them. those are poor examples. but that is another thread.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
With states like Florida and Texas with large populations plus the growth of Georgia, North Carolina, and Tennessee there should be no need for an EC.
It's the middle states that lack population. Plus ETC is the only way republicans keep power or have a chance at any power

Last edited:

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
With states like Florida and Texas with large populations plus the growth of Georgia, North Carolina, and Tennessee there should be no need for an EC.

But the growth and numbers are mostly minorities so abolishing the EC is a non starter.

This is why it's important to vote. Get people in there that'll rid us of this shit once and for all.

KRAYZIE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i don't see the problem with that.

what you are advocating for is what state senators/congressmen are for. they represent the interests of states. not the president.

and even with the electoral college presidents still spend the majority of their time and resources on large states or "swing states."

both al gore and hillary clinton literally had elections stolen from them. those are poor examples. but that is another thread.
So you don't mind alienating entire sections of the country. So it becomes the president of New York, Texas, California, Florida, and fuck the rest.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
So you don't mind alienating entire sections of the country. So it becomes the president of New York, Texas, California, Florida, and fuck the rest.
Lets be clear. This is not the old days when Presidents had to travel by train, etc...to speak to the people in different states. We are in a whole different age now. You either agree with the policies of the candidate or you don't. Right now we have a president of South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Iowa, etc.......Do you think it's fair that these low population states have more power in Washington than the high population states?

Last edited:

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No it should not. If recent times, have proven anything it shows that the general populace of the United States are uneducated animals.
They cannot be given the responsibility to directly choose the president of the United States.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

That's not what I said. Senators and congressman represent the state. And have far more impact at state level than the president anyway.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
No it should not. If recent times, have proven anything it shows that the general populace of the United States are uneducated animals.
They cannot be given the responsibility to directly choose the president of the United States.

What you are saying makes no sense.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Lets be clear. This is not the old days when Presidents had to travel by train, etc...to speak to the people in different states. We are in a whole different age now. You either agree with the policies of the candidate or you don't. Right we have a president of South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana, Idaho, Iowa, etc.......Do you think it fare that these low population states have more power in Washington than the high population states?
Yeah that’s why the electoral college needs to go out the window the smaller states are usually the most racist states in the union

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
It's either some cacs in here trying to keep real knowledge from getting out. Or some people that have really limited understanding of govt. Without the electoral college the GOP would be finished in their current platforms.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
It's either some cacs in here trying to keep real knowledge from getting out. Or some people that have really limited understanding of govt. Without the electoral college the GOP would be finished in their current platforms.
Yeah but the problem is even worse the electoral college which I feel like I should go out the window the big states they are in dangerous territory of losing all the time once they lose Texas it’s a done deal is over for that party

scullydog

Rising Star
Platinum Member
What you are saying makes no sense.
What he is saying is the true reason for the electoral college. Its in place for the elites of the country to keep power because they believe that the masses could be easily swayed. I believe we should end that bullshit.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
What he is saying is the true reason for the electoral college. Its in place for the elites of the country to keep power because they believe that the power masses could be easily swayed. I believe we should end that bullshit.

i agree with your assessment.

what he was saying made no sense in the context of the argument he was presenting.

scullydog

Rising Star
Platinum Member
i agree with your assessment.

what he was saying made no sense in the context of the argument he was presenting.
If you read what he is saying you will understand he is one of them right wing white boys on the board. You know they stay on code no matter where they go.