Summer winding down ...Biggest Movie failures 2019...

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
very true about Michelle Rodriguez.... in her case though, like I don't think she came into the business with a plan to be anything but what she is (tough chick). From what I read, she had absolutely no experience before "Girl Fight" and basically played herself. I wonder if she will ever even try to play some none tough chick roles, cause like you said, she seems to be range-deficient. There's money it being the tough chick, but as time goes on and she gets older, she may need to try to expand.

More like they're consistently trying to push her as their new "strong Black female" character in her films and TV shows.
When you look at her last 3 "big" projects, she's kinda playing the exact same character.
Westworld_season_1.png
Tessa_Thompson_as_Valkyrie_in_Thor_Ragnarok.jpg
93cd18b0e472f5e69df77d51f76424b1

-Bossy.
- Cocky.
- Overly confident.
- Somewhat domineering.
- Don't need no man to save her.

Mind you; these aren't bad qualities for her to portray in (all) her films, but she's starting to run the risk of being "typecast" for one kind of role.
Kind of like Michelle Rodriguez:
michelle-rodriguez43.jpg

This chick has absolutely NO RANGE with regards to her acting. Her characters are all exactly the same...o_O

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
Hellboy was terrible point blank period. Captain marvel was no where near terrible. Captain was an above average movie. It was solid. You are alone in that view buddy......

yeah no comparison ...i`m not sure what he watched...

diego might b trollin...lol

tumblr_pw8pwpih5v1wepvzvo1_640.jpg

Last edited:

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
wonder park...

this has got to b the worst yr for animation ...

more failed than made money ...tht shit almost never happens....

gaum5t4azwufkumiang6.png

tumblr_pto0xqZraA1tpfv40_1280.jpg

$moneyPit$

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
More like they're consistently trying to push her as their new "strong Black female" character in her films and TV shows.
When you look at her last 3 "big" projects, she's kinda playing the exact same character.
Westworld_season_1.png
Tessa_Thompson_as_Valkyrie_in_Thor_Ragnarok.jpg
93cd18b0e472f5e69df77d51f76424b1

-Bossy.
- Cocky.
- Overly confident.
- Somewhat domineering.
- Don't need no man to save her.

Mind you; these aren't bad qualities for her to portray in (all) her films, but she's starting to run the risk of being "typecast" for one kind of role.
Kind of like Michelle Rodriguez:
michelle-rodriguez43.jpg

This chick has absolutely NO RANGE with regards to her acting. Her characters are all exactly the same...o_O

That chick and Meagan good as far as acting. belong on the same sinking ship

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That chick and Meagan good as far as acting. belong on the same sinking ship
As opposed to Michelle Rodriguez; Megan Goode has demonstrated a somewhat larger capacity for "limited" range acting of the two.
Presumably because she's been in the acting field longer, Megan has played more "varied" roles in movies and TV than Rodriguez. (Although she does seem to usually be cast in the role of "cute sexpot" in her acting).

So I'm more inclined to give Megan a pass in this regard...;)

Last edited:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
People are getting tired of the unnecessary sequels and reboots. It doesn't help that they are poorly written and pulled thee old "let's get a popular lead and it'll be good". I'm pretty much sticking with indie flicks because at least you get something original.
Good points. Theres just no need for some of these sequels at all.

5qYkgu.jpg