Stories of black Americans, who fled to the USSR to escape race discrimination

Simply_Black

International
International Member
Interesting.... Whilst working in London I've met a few older Africans who once lived in Russia.... they'd told me about many black folks from Africa living there for decades, mainly due to work and study opportunities especially in the engineering field.... however I was totally unaware of black Americans living there as the trend back then was for black folks to migrate from the USA to mainly France, Holland and other Western European countries.... I suppose Russia back then was more accepting and hospitable than it is now... modern day Eastern European countries are the last place I would advice any black person to move to.

DaMostHy

Troll Hunter
BGOL Investor
That's as crazy to me as when black Christians become Muslims or Jews.

I wish we all left this country for real. Why did we stay?

For one. Many of our ancestors were already here. Those of our ancestors brought here against their will have worked harder than everyone else. Their blood and sweat dripped into the soil while they were alive. Why should they leave as though they never earned their keep?

housefly

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wish we all left this country for real. Why did we stay?

Ask Marcus Garvey what will happen if we all try to leave. they made sure that if you got any big ideas about leaving they will make you pay.
The only reason they didn't kill him in jail is that they were afraid that he would become a martyr.