Star Wars: The Mandalorian (official Series Discussion Thread) Update (Season 3 drops Feb 2023)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
If they are smart they will have a family section and a adult section. But this shit looks amazing. Disney man fucking Disney :cool::smh:

I think HULU might somehow become the adult section...

ESPN+ sports section
Disney + everything else

and the the marvel shows on FX i wonder????

@ViCiouS

FX got its OWN app / streaming site right?

I don;t think Disney is gonna CHARGE operate for THOSE Marvel shows?

Is it possible they UNIFY ALL THAT?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Just watched..

Gus Fring and Apollo Creed..

God is real.

giphy.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The Star Wars Series The Mandalorian Transposes Samurais and Westerns to Deep Space
By Chris Lee
23-The-Mandalorian-Trailer.w700.h467.jpg

Pedro Pascal plays the titular, helmet-wearing bounty hunter Photo: photo courtesy of Lucasfilm

On Friday afternoon, at the close of a jam-packed two-hour D23 panel event for Disney’s new streaming service Disney+, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy took the stage before 6,000 pumped up fans to make a lofty claim about several new Star Wars spinoff shows headed for the service (which launches November 12). “Lucasfilm will enter into episodic live-action for the first time in history,” she said. “The quality of our episodic series for Disney+ will be identical to our feature films.”

Any doubt about the veracity of that statement was put to bed minutes later with a grand unveiling of the streamer’s first Star Wars TV show offering, The Mandelorian. Set in a time of galactic lawlessness, in the years immediately following The Return of the Jedi, the show follows a mysterious, helmeted bounty hunter known only as the Mandalorian as he stalks the outer reaches of the post-Imperial galaxy, blaster firmly in hand. The show’s trailer — unveiled in Anaheim at D23 and released concurrently online — reveals the parameters of the character’s chaotic surroundings: stormtroopers’ heads on spikes, aerial laser gun battles, Old West-style shoot outs and show regular Werner Herzog gravely intoning, “Being a bounty hunter is a complicated profession.”

The Mandelorian’s writer/executive producer Jon Favreau and director Dave Filoni took the stage to explain they met one another in 2007, while both were at George Lucas’ Skywalker Ranch completing post-production on their respective projects — the animated Star Wars series Clone Wars for Filloni and Favreau’s “movie about an obscure comic book called Iron Man.” After showing one another footage, a friendship bloomed. And when Favreau heard the studio was opening Disney+ up to Star Wars content, he pitched Kennedy a show. “It takes place after the revolution, after everyone was done celebrating because the Empire is gone, and then chaos reigns because there’s no central government in the galaxy,” Favreau explained. “So it degrades into a world like the old samurai movies and the old westerns where gunfighters are roving, people are trying to build safe communities but it’s a dangerous world.”

“I said, ‘I want the lead character to be a Mandalorian,’” he continued. “She said, ‘Do you know Dave FIlloni? I said, ‘I love Dave Filloni!’” Together, the two produced eight scripts. “What I love about it, it really felt like Star Warsto me,” Filloni added.

Soon several key cast members joined them onstage: Pedro Pascal (Game of Thrones, Kingsman: The Golden Circle), MMA-star-turned actress Gina Carano, Rocky’s Carl Weathers, Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad) and Taika Waititi (who also directed one of the Mandelorian episodes). Asked how it felt to join the Star Wars cinematic universe, Pascal and Carano were unabashed. “It’s like a dream come true,” the Chilean-American actor who plays the Mandalorian said.

“I feel the Force is in me,” Carano added. “I understand it now.”

Waititi, who habitually steals scenes as an actor in such films as Thor: Ragnarok and Avengers: Endgame, instead cracked wise about the inclusiveness showcased in The Mandalorian. “I play IG-11,” he said of his robotic character. “Just for droid representation, it’s very important to me that those characters get enough screen time. They’re very misunderstood. Especially bounty hunter droids.”

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think HULU might somehow become the adult section...

ESPN+ sports section
Disney + everything else

and the the marvel shows on FX i wonder????

@ViCiouS

FX got its OWN app / streaming site right?

I don;t think Disney is gonna CHARGE operate for THOSE Marvel shows?

Is it possible they UNIFY ALL THAT?
Wait what :dunno:Disney bought fx also??:eek:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
It’s gonna be 10 Episodes and they debuting each new episode weekly.

I’m gonna watch the pilot, but gonna have to stack them episodes up. I can’t wait week to week.

If Disney is gonna go weekly with their episodes, it might hurt him and force them to got the Netflix route.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It’s gonna be 10 Episodes and they debuting each new episode weekly.

I’m gonna watch the pilot, but gonna have to stack them episodes up. I can’t wait week to week.

If Disney is gonna go weekly with their episodes, it might hurt him and force them to got the Netflix route.

I dont like it either but i see what they doing.

Its NEW.

The flaw in the binge is sometimes it can lost if ANOTHER show drops in a week or 2.

But this way sustaining buzz week to week will really hype an already huge hype machine

For MONTHS.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The Mandalorian to explore the origins of the First Order

By James Hibberd
September 04, 2019 at 10:19 AM EDT
FBTwitter

Loaded: 100.00%

YOU MIGHT LIKE
RICHARD MADDEN IS EXCITED TO BE REUNITED WITH HIS 'GAME OF THRONES' BROTHER KIT HARRINGTON ON THE SET OF 'ETERNALS'

The Mandalorian
TYPE
  • TV Show
NETWORK
GENRE
The Mandalorian is going to fill in some of the backstory of a big mystery in the current Star Wars trilogy.

The upcoming Disney+ series is set to explore some of the early origins of the First Order — the dictatorship commanded by Supreme Leader Snoke that rose up to succeed the fallen Galactic Empire that was defeated in Return of the Jedi.

“This doesn’t turn into a good guy universe because you blew up two Death Stars,” Mandalorian director Dave Filoni quipped. “You get that the Rebels won and they’re trying to establish a Republic, but there’s no way that could have set in for everybody all at once. You have in a Western where you’re out on the frontier and there might be Washington and they might have some marshals, but sometimes good luck finding one.”

PAID CONTENT
Teach them with love

Rice Krispies Treats make the word of the day a treat. Bonus points if they use it in a sentence.

From Rice Krispies Treats
“Also, what could happen in the 30 years between celebrating the defeat of the Empire and then the First Order?” teased showrunner Jon Favreau. “You come in on Episode VII, [the First Order are] not just starting out. They’re pretty far along.”

“Pretty well equipped,” Filoni added.

“So somehow, things weren’t necessarily managed as well as they could have been if [the galaxy] ended up in hot water again like that,” Favreau said dryly.

EVERETT COLLECTION
In The Mandalorian, Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad) plays Moff Gideon, a former Imperial governor now set adrift in the wake of the Emperor’s downfall. So one possibility could be that Gideon seeks to re-unite the scattered, broken factions, but that’s just our speculation.

There has been an explanation of the rise of the First Order in the Expanded Universe. The books Star Wars: Aftermath by Chuck Wendig and Star Wars: Bloodline by Claudia Gray told of how Imperial remnants fled to the Outer Rim, waged a cold war against the New Republic, and solidified into the First Order six years before the events in The Force Awakens. The Mandalorian plans to use elements from across the Skywalker saga films, The Clone Wars and other animated series and the Extended Universe in its storytelling.

The Mandalorian is the first live-action Star Wars TV series. The drama from showrunner follows a lone bounty hunter (Pedro Pascal) in the outer reaches of the galaxy as he sets out to collect a particularly difficult prize. The show also stars Gina Carano, Giancarlo Esposito, Carl Weathers, Taika Waititi, and Ming-Na Wen.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
I got that Cinema app on my Nvidia Shield...so I'll watch tonight. Haven't decided if I want to pay for Disney+ yet....

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Yet another streaming service to have to get …. :hmm:

Yeah, I know I am going to break down and pay for that stupid service.
These fucking bull shits is starting to add the fuck up …. monthly .... yearly
EDIT:
you could have just 5 streaming services ….. monthly costs

BASIC PLANS - $67.92
PREMIUM PLANS - $133.92 :smh: :smh::smh:

Last edited:

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
I was expecting to watch this on Show box app, but they may have shut it down. Damn it....all these fucking subscriptions they tryna get outta us these days
Even though they run like only $8-18 a month ….. those shits start to add up .... and it's especially fucked up when you might only want to watch a few programs out of their total content … and trust me …. the price won't … stay low …. they will gradually raise it .... look at Netflix .... they will eventually hit the $20/mth mark … you'll see …. you might have five services …. $60-100/mth …. I already pay $258/mth for Comcast .... Internet/phone/cable … :hmm:

Last edited: