Spider-Man: No Way Home | Official Thread | Marvel / Sony

doggface

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There were zero talks about crossing over.. like I said Garfield put that idea out there and actually kept on talking about it..than the fans started talking about that.. it was one of those he put it out into the world and that shit caught fire.. than a few yrs later an agreement was done and bam Spider-Man made his feature in civil war

Yes, but I am assuming he expected them to just merge in his spiderman and not be willing to reboot so soon.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Let me guess, they're adding 5 -10 more minutes of cutting room floor footage.

Same that shit for the Blu Ray bonus features. This is just a money grab for Marvel/Sony to inch up higher on the highest grossing list.

Also Tobey is a clown and he shouldn't be allowed to "work" again.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Let me guess, they're adding 5 -10 more minutes of cutting room floor footage.

Same that shit for the Blu Ray bonus features. This is just a money grab for Marvel/Sony to inch up higher on the highest grossing list.

Also Tobey is a clown and he shouldn't be allowed to "work" again.
Everything is a money grab...

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Watched the movie for the first time with my sons last night.

Decent movie.

No need repeating what has already been noted in the thread.

My major pet peeve was Dr. Strange not being more of a adult and telling Peter to man up and handle his business like a adult. Strange doing all that spell shit for Peter was completely unnecessary….but as we know, if he had done that it would be the end of story.

More interaction should have happened between the 3 Peter’s. The one little scene with them on the Statue of Liberty was not long enough.

William Dafoe basically stole the film with the short screen time he had. He definitely needs to return as the Green Goblin in future projects.

MJ full name was disclosed as “Michelle Jones” and she pointed out that she is not Mary Jane. So this film confirms Mary Jane has not been introduced yet in the MCU. Hopefully they cast a good looking actress for the part unlike the past actress’ who were in the roles.

And we are still waiting for Gwen Stacy to make her debut.

Decent movie overall, not the best out of the 3 MCU Spider-Man films, but not the worst.

Hopefully we will get the new Dr. Strange film watched tonight!

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor

Decent movie.

My major pet peeve was Dr. Strange not being more of a adult and telling Peter to man up and handle his business like a adult. Strange doing all that spell shit for Peter was completely unnecessary….but as we know, if he had done that it would be the end of story.

More interaction should have happened between the 3 Peter’s. The one little scene with them on the Statue of Liberty was not long enough.

William Dafoe basically stole the film with the short screen time he had. He definitely needs to return as the Green Goblin in future projects.

MJ full name was disclosed as “Michelle Jones” and she pointed out that she is not Mary Jane. So this film confirms Mary Jane has not been introduced yet in the MCU. Hopefully they cast a good looking actress for the part unlike the past actress’ who were in the roles.

Decent movie overall, not the best out of the 3 MCU Spider-Man films, but not the worst.

I agree with most of your assessment, I just feel that of the 3 mcu joints this is the best. However I still feel that Sony's Spiderman 2 is the best of the entire franchise... but this one is a close second

What do you feel is the best of the MCU Spiderman movies? Just curious

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I agree with most of your assessment, I just feel that of the 3 mcu joints this is the best. However I still feel that Sony's Spiderman 2 is the best of the entire franchise... but this one is a close second

What do you feel is the best of the MCU Spiderman movies? Just curious

Tobey Maquire version’s we’re the best in my opinion, minus Mary Jane looking like a basic Becky working at Walmart.

Andrew Garfield was ok and comes in 2nd.

Tom Holland ranks last, what kills it like with all of them of not focusing on how much Peter was a nerd and outcast amongst kids his age and he became a completely different person when the costume came on. That difference was one of the main appeals of his origin.

The character Ned (Peter best friend) was annoying, but it looks like his character will improve with how he was able to open portals so easily without any training.

I suspect since MJ memory is wipe clean, Mary Jane will now make her debut in the next film or other project. I was hoping they would do the introduction of Mary Jane like they did in the 1960s, not sure how they will do it with Aunt May out of the picture.

sorcererforemost

Rising Star
Registered

Decent movie.

You want another Gwen Stacy?

sorcererforemost

Rising Star
Registered
Tobey Maquire version’s we’re the best in my opinion, minus Mary Jane looking like a basic Becky working at Walmart.

Tom Holland ranks last, what kills it like with all of them of not focusing on how much Peter was a nerd and outcast amongst kids his age and he became a completely different person when the costume came on. That difference was one of the main appeals of his origin.

The character Ned (Peter best friend) was annoying, but it looks like his character will improve with how he was able to open portals so easily without any training.

I suspect since MJ memory is wipe clean, Mary Jane will now make her debut in the next film or other project. I was hoping they would do the introduction of Mary Jane like they did in the 1960s, not sure how they will do it with Aunt May out of the picture.
That is because his Spider-Man is largely based on Ultimate/Miles Morales.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Reissued Spider-Man: No Way Home comes swinging back with a vengeance to reclaim Labor Day weekend

Your friendly neighborhood web-slinger found his way home to the top of the box office.
By Lester Fabian BrathwaiteSeptember 04, 2022 at 05:40 PM EDT

You can't keep a good Peter Parker down — from any multiverse.
Sony's reissued Spider-Man No Way Home proved it's still got legs, all eight of 'em, by topping the Labor Day weekend box office, some nine months after its original release.

A reissued 'Spider-Man: No Way Home' with deleted scenes and new footage topped the Labor Day weekend box office.

| CREDIT: MATT KENNEDY/COLUMBIA PICTURES
Spider-Man: No Way Home – The More Fun Stuff, as it's been billed, includes new, never-before-seen footage and deleted scenes as part of the celebration of 60 years of the Spider-Man comic book character and 20 years of Spider-Man films.

Spidey earned a projected $7.6 million over the holiday weekend, for a cumulative total of $812 million. The film, already the sixth-highest grossing movie of all time worldwide with lifetime earnings of $1.9 billion, added $2.6 million to its already impressive haul.
Ticket sales were, no doubt, helped by National Cinema Day on Saturday with $3 tickets nationwide like it's 1982 in these streets. But the '80s were going strong all weekend, with Top Gun: Maverick, the sequel to the 1986 blockbuster that has since become Tom Cruise's highest grossing film, taking in a projected $7 million through Monday — in its 15th week, no less — bringing its total to just over $700 million.
Internationally, Maverick came in third, behind Bullet Train ($9.8 million) and Minions: The Rise of Gru ($8.9 million), with $5.8 million, for a whopping $1.4 billion in global grosses. Notably, Spider-Man: No Way Home, the highest-grossing movie of 2021, and Top Gun: Maverick, the highest-grossing movie of 2022, are the first and second films, respectively, to surpass $1 billion since the start of COVID.

Domestically, DC League of Super Pets ($6.8 million), Bullet Train ($6.8 million), and The Invitation ($5.8 million) rounded out the top 5 at the box office. Meanwhile, Spider-Man wasn't the only reissued movie making waves. Universal re-released its 1976 ode to summer terror Jaws, which chomped up a projected $2.7 million over the holiday weekend.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
sometimes these extended versions of movies are not worth it Watching those cut scenes from Spider Man: No Way Home glad i wasnt duped into going to the theatre even if it was 3 bucks on Saturday

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered

Decent movie.

I don't think Mary Jane will exist in the MCU. Michelle Jones is this universes Mary Jane.

Although I was sort of in the tom Holland spider oh hate crowd his Peter Parker is a little more comic accurate than McGuire's. They were focusing on peters high school years and he was more happy to lucky rather than a hard lick sad sack most of the time.