Spawn reboot: Jamie Foxx as Al Simmons?

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=74333

Writer Todd McFarlane offers an update on the planned Spawn reboot, revealing that an Academy Award-winning actor is attached. He also says that a new animates series based on the Image Comics character is in development.

> Spawn reboot - Todd McFarlane Updates - Photo posted in The TV and Movie Spot | Sign in and leave a comment below!

Speaking with MTV Geek at Toy Fair, writer Todd McFarlane offers an update on the next Spawn film. A sequel to the critically panned 1997 film was in the works, but in 2009, it was reported that McFarlane was working on a stand-alone script which would be completely different from the original. Now, he says that he's still working on the script, and he reveals that an Oscar-winning actor is on board (though he won't say who). "I continue writing pages here and there. I have a guy waiting in the sidelines, an Academy Award-winning actor. Every three weeks he's on the phone going, 'Todd, where's the script? Todd, where's the script?' I can't say who it is. You could [narrow it down].

"He came out to the office. He gave me his pitch, and I gave him mine," he added. "The pitch I gave was that we could do ten of these for the next ten years and he wouldn't have to be 22 for the rest of his life." Additionally, McFarlane stated that a new Spawn animated series is in the works, saying that they're now able to do things that weren't able to be done on the HBO series which ran 1997-1999. "We have 90 minutes all set and ready to go, other than sending it to an animation house. We've done all the voice recordings, we've done all the backgrounds, so the technology is way better than it was a decade ago; there are some spectacular things we can do now that we weren't able to when we were on HBO."

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
:hmm::hmm::hmm: Jamie Foxx as Spawn is as ridiculous as Sticky Fingaz as Blade....

sticky-fingaz-246062.jpg

Dark19

Zod's Son
BGOL Investor
I Say Keep Michael Jai White...Just Don't Make Some Warm Beer PG-13 Bullshit Like Last Time.....Make the Movie Hard and Raw as They Did the Animated Series From HBO(the new Dredd movie should be violent inspiration of where they should be going with spawn)....Spawn is Not a Kiddie Situation :lol:

johniz

Rising Star
Registered
They had the right guy the first time, but the script sucked. I think they should givethe role to a new black actor.

STOP using the same 'ol ones. Breed new stars.

And they have been saying reboot on the anime for years. Didn't Spawn comics stop a while back, along with all image comics??

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well, the list of Oscar nominated Black actors who could play Spawn isn't that long. It better damn well NOT Terrance Howard! :smh:

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
I have no interest in seeing a Spawn movie ever again. The writing on the original was so terrible, I don't think they can fix that shit.

Mr. Del

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well, the list of Oscar nominated Black actors who could play Spawn isn't that long. It better damn well NOT Terrance Howard! :smh:

I don't think fans need to see an Oscar level performance, anyway. Besides, Foxx is a one trick pony. He lucked up with Ray. Only other drama I could see him in is playing Mike Tyson.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Spawn is cool, and I liked the first film for what it was, but I find the character somewhat boring. Hope it happens though just so there is a black super hero presence in films.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
say what ya want but i think John Leguizamo did a real good job as da clown...if ur gonna reboot it bring him back

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yea Jaime needs to step back a little and do some small stand up shows..

he is fastly headed for overkill.. to early in his career.. he can act dont fool yourself, but he aint no gotdam Denzel and should fall back a tad to keep his brand fresh...

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I Say Keep Michael Jai White...Just Don't Make Some Warm Beer PG-13 Bullshit Like Last Time.....Make the Movie Hard and Raw as They Did the Animated Series From HBO(the new Dredd movie should be violent inspiration of where they should be going with spawn)....Spawn is Not a Kiddie Situation :lol:

DING DING DING

we have a WINNAH.. somebody gets it!!!!!

spawn was good it was just tooo gotdamn watered down.....

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Anthony-Mackie-2.jpg

Anthony Mackie is really starting to make a name for himself.

I dont understand why,he's never consider some of the good roles....Its always Jamie Foxx or Denzel

say what ya want but i think John Leguizamo did a real good job as da clown...if ur gonna reboot it bring him back

c/s

Yea I read few years ago he was trying to get Leo Dicaprio for the role

I dont understand why they would do that,when just a few years ago,they was considering Michael Jai White for the role again.....:smh::smh::smh:

http://screenrant.com/spawn-movie-michael-jai-white-r-rated-benk-124820/

Hellfish

Rising Star
Registered
I dont understand why,he's never consider some of the good roles....Its always Jamie Foxx or Denzel
c/s I just watched him in gangster squad and he has some chops for action roles. He also was doing his thing in Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. I hope he is given some decent screen time in the new Captain America film.

mike123

Rising Star
Registered
:hmm::hmm::hmm: Jamie Foxx as Spawn is as ridiculous as Sticky Fingaz as Blade....

sticky-fingaz-246062.jpg