Sosua, Dominican Republic Info Thread

Baller06

Support BGOL
Registered
Visas: Visitors who do not obtain a Dominican visa prior to entry must purchase a tourist card upon arrival to enter the country. Tourist cards cost ten U.S. dollars, which must be paid in U.S. currency. Tourist cards may be purchased at the Dominican Embassy in Washington or Dominican consulates prior to arrival, as well as at Dominican airports at the time of entry. Tourist cards normally permit a legal stay of up to 60 days. Visitors who would like to extend their time in the Dominican Republic should visit the Migration Department in Santo Domingo and request an extension. Failure to request an extension will subject the visitor to a surcharge at the airport upon departure. The surcharge, assessed on a sliding scale, ranges from $30 for one month to as high as $500 for five years.

Here is a map of Sosua. The Super Playero # 11 will have all your essentials. They will exchange dollars too, at a good rate. I take down a recycle bag. It's better than all those plastic bags.

Take down a unlocked phone. Get a chip and minutes. I use Claro with Jibbigo translate app. Then you can text the chicas. Copy & paste.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?z1zxmhfbn3f#

Do's And Don't for the D.R

1)do not Pay upfront
2) if your chica ends up extending her stay with your permission of course MAKE SURE YOU PAY AS YOU GO!!!!<<<<
3)WATCH YOUR DRINK- I was drugged in Classico by a chica who was pissed at me all night giving me dirty looks(will include in my trip report)
4)if a chica doesn't keep her end of the bargain ..argue, but don't go over the limit-you will loose in the end and it isn't worth the 20 bucks.
5)check ID -alot of underage hoes
6)if you are going to go the motoconcho route at 3 am and coming down the stairs of classicos with a stupid fucked up confused look on your face then expect to be rushed by all of them-look directly at the moto guy you have chosen and get on the fuckin bike.
7)don't stop and chat with every single english speaker that says something to you.
8)make sure you carry different denominations on bills on you. getting change back from a chica is almost impossible
9)before you pre game and get all nice to go out on the town...make sure your room is chica proof.
10)carry a copy of your passport on you just in case
11)arrange exactly how many nuts you want to bust with the chic. don't play it by ear
12)have a bottle of alcohol in your room-if you don't speak english you might as well take shots before and in between rounds.
13)be confident in yourself when walking around ..
14)if you pick a girl and chill with her for a while, then change your mind..simply stop dancing with her and tell her you will see her later..she will get the point (for the most part)
15)the blue dick pills they are selling on the street IS legit. its not fake.
16)the party favors......well pm me if you need info on that.
17)don't dress flashy: I met some dudes maybe 7 of them that were walking around ..NY this and NY that..and wearing jordans, foam posits and all that other shit. YES they were getting a lot of attention and YES each one was getting over charged.
18) do not carry to much money with you and most importantly, do not show it around... I remember one time I saw a stupid motherfucker showing everybody a bunch of hundred dollar bills... After a couple of hours he was sitting on the curb crying complaining that somebody stole all his money...
When you pay at the bar, just take out of your pocket enough to pay the bill and that's it. Keep the money on your front pocket and check on it every once in a while just sneaking your finger in the pocket and feel that the money is still there.

Dominican Republic Dominican Peso Denominations

2pqnh47.jpg

Trick for cheap 3G Internet

Now that you have BB internet fir 25 pesos a day.

Copied from DR 1 Forum

Trick for cheap 3G Internet from Claro
Blackberry social (*111#) prepaid, per day RD$25

Open APN in BB (Options-Advanced-TCP/IP)
or Accesspoint in Nokia
with:

APN/accesspoint name: internet.ideasclaro.com.do
in BB::: Use APN Authentication (enabled); username; blank, password:blank
in Nokia::: Password prompt: No, authentication: normal, username: blank, password: blank

Now tether your smartphone with your laptop or desktop PC via USB cable for fastest connection (Blackberry desktop manager for BB; or Nokia OviSuite or PCSuite for Nokia). You can now use your smartphone/BB as modem and get 3G speeds for RD$25 per day, all taxes included.

You can also use this 3G internet within your smartphone (chat, email, browsing, even VOIP). With APN/Accesspoint enabled, you will be able to use all services and Internet apps on Nokia (and other smartphones), including OviMaps or Google Maps (with GPS), Gmail App, etc., and you will be able to use Facebook, Opera Mini, BB PIN and BB Mail on Blackberrys. You will NOT be able to use BB Maps or GoogleMaps on BB (require BIS Full) or Gmail App (BIS full required again). on BB you will NOT be able to use native BB Internet browser, but you can download Opera Mini and use it via APN enabled service. Btw I like Opera Mini much more for browsing on BB than BB native browser.

On Nokia and other smartphones (Iphone, Android) you can use ALL apps, because they go via open APN (internet access point). On BB, many apps go via BIS service (RIM) and work only with FULL BIS service (not BIS Social) and some apps can go via all of APN/BIS/WIFI (either access type will work). Rule of thumb for BB - if you can use your app with Wifi, you can use it with APN open on Claro BIS Social. If your BB app does not work on Wifi, you will not be able to use it with BIS Social with Open APN.

Enjoy 3G prepaid internet for just RD$25 per day!

(and for those whose spouses/friends/family work at Claro, PLEASE DO NOT tell them of this; just let the community enjoy this inexpensive 3G internet service)

Last edited:

Baller06

Support BGOL
Registered
Cuba Dave Info vids

Don't fall in love Fam
your gal is everybody's pal

[/QUOTE]

Cubadave talks about choosing the right hotel

Baller06

Support BGOL
Registered
Got this info from another forum

Originally Posted by Nakom:
Coming Down:
First off, if you have been lurking on the boards and thinking of heading down, go for it! After reading countless posts I was excited about the thought of a monger vacation, but I was also scared reading about chicas, scams, pick-pockets, robbers, guys getting killed, ect. For my first week in the DR I felt totally safe, and did not have any ‘real’ problems. Most of the guys I talked too have been coming down for years and have never had a problem. I wrote this after my first trip (April 2010) so as you can see it does not take a rocket doctor to get around in Sosua. Anyone with half way intelligence will be just fine. Take a chance and go for it, you will have the time of your life!

Read the Boards and Research:
Take time and read as much as can on as many of the boards as possible. There are other boards out there, but this is the best one by far. Cut and paste info you need to bring down with you. Directions, maps, names of places, address and phone numbers of your hotel, ect. The more you know before you hit the ground, the better off you will be.

Accommodations:
Before coming I was worried that this is the 3rd world and I would be staying in some dump that I wouldn’t want to touch anything in. I only stayed at Blackbeards and New Garden and they were both great. They are not the 4 seasons, but they are a lot nicer than any dive hotel in the US or Canada. There is hot water, electricity, AC, satellite TV, mini fridges, good beds, ect. Just like back home. For the first time I would stick with the New Garden, Terra Linda, or the chica friendly section of Sosua Bay.

Food and Water:
Everywhere I ate had good cheap food and I never got sick. There is a lot of chicken, fish, pork, and pasta. There is beef, but it is just ok. Do not drink the local water, but don’t be worried about ice. Every place I went had purified ice cubes. Hit the big grocery store near the main highway on your first day. Load up on bottled water, beer, snacks, and whatever else you like. The grocery store is just like the ones at home (same stuff) only smaller. It saves a few bucks, and you need beverages in your room for you and the chicas at night, and water / Gatorade for first thing in the morning. I used bottled water to brush my teeth – some may think I am crazy – but to each their own. Some people don’t eat any salads or vegetables for fear they are washed in local water – I ate them and had no trouble. I never felt sick or had an upset stomach at all. I did have a few very minor problems with the frequency of washroom visits, but it seemed everyone did, and a 7 day bender will do that to a guy.

Blackbeards / Field of Dream vs Sosua:
I only stayed one night at Blackbeards to get accustomed to the DR, and it was great. The chicas are all right there, and the prices are set. The flip side is there is not much to do. When guys talk about ‘the hunt’ in Sosua, they are over exaggerating. There is no hunt; you have to beat the chicas off with a stick. It is not stupid crazy like they won’t leave you alone or anything, if you are interested they are interested. Don’t worry about not being able to ‘pick up’, anyone (black, white, asian, indian, 18-70 years old) can meet gorgeous young hotties easy as can be. For me, Sosua was way better than the point and click resorts.

What to Bring:
Pack just like you normally would for a vacation, but here a few extras you should bring. Lots of condoms, a small tube of KY, a big bottle of mouthwash, a big bottle of 2 in 1 shampoo + bodywash (you and the chicas will take tons of showers), lots of cheapo toothbrushes (I made every chica brush), travel size toothpaste and shaving cream (for the chicas to use - not keep), a beach / pool towel, CD's for the car, Tums, Imodium, and a bottle opener for your room.

General Information:
The POP airport is in between Sosua and Peurto Plata. When you leave the airport it takes you out to the main highway. If you go right (north) you will first hit Playa Dorada (Feild of Dreams), then Peurto Plata (Crystals), then Costambar (Blackbeards). If you go left (south) you will first hit Sosua (Classicos), and then Caberete (tourist beach). In Sosua, Monday and Tuesday are the slowest days, Sunday and Wednesday are average, and Thursday, Friday, Saturday are packed. No need to worry though, there are plenty of chicas around all the time.

Chicas:
Before coming down I was worried that there would be no chicas I liked and I would not want to be with any of them. Boy was I wrong. There is something for everyone in the DR. Tall, short, light, dark, skinny, thicker – anything you want – and plenty to choose from. Where I am from in Canada, out of 100 people there will be 1 African Canadian, 1 Latin Canadian, 8 east Indians, 10 Asians, and 80 Caucasians. Because of that I had never been with anyone but a white girl. You will love girls of all types in no time – trust me. The roles are reversed from western society. You have all the power and they constantly hit on you (it’s like heaven).

Negotiating with Chicas:
It has been stated many times that it is very important to negotiate with the chica before you get back to your room. I did this about half the time, and the other half I just paid them a fair price in the morning. I had no money problems or arguments with any chicas at all. If you treat them well, they are happy to be with you, and are fine with a fair price. These are the rates I paid and was problem free:
Daytime short time (1 pop) – 700rd – 1300rd
Evening short time (1 pop) – 1500rd
Evening all night (2-3 pops) – 2000rd – 2500rd
The guys I hung with said I did very well for my first trip on pricing. The other thing I recommend is make yourself presentable when you go out for the night. Take a shower, shave, brush your teeth, put on some cologne – just like you would for a date back home. The better you look, the better you feel, the more confidence you will have, and the better experience you will have with the chicas. The good looking ones will more than likely be with someone that night anyways, and they would rather be with someone who at least does not turn them off. I wore shorts and tee's durning the day, and jeans and a nice shirt at night. Remember that you have the power here. Never let them walk you around the club by the hand; you should always walk in front of them. Don’t let them order drinks on your tab – you order them. Basically, if you act like a man, they will treat you like one. If you act like a chump, they will treat you like a chump, and will try the ‘hurry up and finish’ BS, or argue for more money and create a big stink. Lastly, and this is important, get lots of phone numbers from chicas you like (day or night). You never know when you might need to call up a hot chica for some fun. Also put something behind their name like SC for Seacrets or PA for Passions so you remember where you met her and can figure out which one she is. If she looks young check her id (cedula), and make sure it gets left with the security guard at your hotel. Girls are not given a cedula until they turn 18. Don’t even think of messing with an underage chica or one who ‘forgot’ her cedula.

Wingmen:
Travelling by yourself (I did) is just fine, but you have to make a few contacts with wingmen in country (and a plan to meet them) before you leave for your trip. It makes things a lot more fun, and they can really help you for your first time. Everyone I met was great, and at the end I considered them friends not wingmen. Everyone is down there for the same thing, don’t be embarrassed, meet other mongers and have a blast. If you stay at a well reviewed place on here you will meet lots of other guys. I can’t stress enough how important at least one experienced wingman is.

Spanish:
It is well documented that the more Spanish you know the better your trip will be. I know zero Spanish, and I got around just fine, without any problems. I brought down an English / Spanish translator and used it to send the chicas texts, to set up meetings and stuff. It works great. I have now found out you can covert whole sentences online. Do that and type them into your phone to send to chicas. By all means learn some Spanish (any is better then none) before you come, but don’t think you absolutely need it to have a good time. I would say 75% of the mongers speak little to no Spanish.

Money:
When you read this report it may be out of date. The exchange rate varies all the time but it seems to be between 35-36rd per $1 US. There are bank machines that take US and Canadian cards (including a Scotia Bank). They can run out of money on weekends so make sure you have some cash as back-up. I did not see any place that took debit or credit cards other than hotels and car rentals. There are three main ways to exchange. The bank, the Cambios (like Money Mart), and guys exchanging on the street. Everyone has a different way of doing things when it comes to money. Some like to only use the bank machines. That way if you get robbed they can’t get much. Some like to bring cash and exchange a little each day. I brought all US cash and exchanged $1000 on my first day at the bank in the middle of the day. Banco Popular is 2 blocks from the New Garden and it is just like a big bank back home with one exception. There are two guys with shot guns at the door. If anyone comes in to rob you they get pumped full of lead. For me, it’s not worth and extra 0.05 rd per $1 to deal with a guy on the street or a Cambio. One exchange and back to the hotel safe – then I just took what I needed for each day / night. I did bring my bank card and credit card just in case, but they never left the safe. The exchanges options will also take Canadian, UK Pounds, and Euros.

Phones:
There are two main carriers in the DR – Orange and Claro. I used Claro and it worked great all week. There are many ways to bring phones with you and get them hooked up. Save yourself the trouble and buy a cheap pay as you go phone and keep it for your next trip or toss it away after the trip. My phone had voicemail, text, call display, contacts, ect and was 400rd ($11) and included 100rd phone card. I went to the main Claro store in POP (look for the ones that say distributor on the sign). The girl spoke English, loaded up another 500rd card for me, changed my settings to English, and programmed my number into my contacts. Easy. One of my wingmen had Orange and he was out of service a lot. I would stick with Claro.

Driving:
After all the reports I read about driving, I was scared, but I went ahead and rented an SUV anyways. I used Alamo and had no problems and no ‘extra’ charges on my credit card. The roads are in good shape from Costmabar to Cabarete. I did not leave the north coast area and heard the roads are way worse as you head inland. People drive crazy and pass in the wrong lanes and the shoulders, and there are pot holes, and occasional livestock on the road, but really I think people over exaggerate how bad it is. You have to drive aggressively – when you have the right of way you take it. I only drove during the day (because I was drunk at night) and if you have your eyes open and are a good driver it is fine. Also, it is more money, but get an SUV. Being higher up, having 4x4, and a vehicle designed to handle pot holes really helps. Plus the bigger the vehicle is the more right of way it gets. Check with your credit card and car insurance company before you leave for your trip. Neither of mine covered rental car insurance outside of North America. I got an umbrella rider on my house insurance that gave me $1,000,000 liability and $1,000,000 3rd party on rental cars outside North America. It was $14 for the month of April. The rental company insurance was $35 / day – this was way cheaper and gives you piece of mind that’s it’s your own insurance company, and $2,000,000 in coverage. Bring two photo-copies of the insurance policy down with you - one for the car and one for the safe.

Motocoach:
Motos are small motorcycles that are the #1 mode of transportation in and around Sosua. Because I drove, I was never in a taxi or on a bus, so I can't speak as to how they work. The moto drivers sell rides to people to get around town. You just hop on the back and away you go. Motos are 25rd per person during the day, and 50rd per person at night. It does not matter how far you go, as long as it is within Sosua. Just tell the driver where you want to go, and when you get off give him the prices quoted above. Don't bother negotiating before or after, the price can only get worse. Moto drivers will never give change, so make sure you have the correct amount before you leave the bar you are in. You can ride it by yourself, or you and your chica can share one if it is a short ride. Some guys will never get on a moto, for fear of a crash. I usually rode them once a night, and never felt unsafe.

Safety:
Again, I was really worried before my trip about safety. The big key here is to use common sense and keep your eyes open. If you are always travelling with wingmen you will have no problems. DR criminals do not target 4 healthy young (18-50) guys walking down the street or partying in the bar. They want easy targets, not guys that might want to fight back. They target people walking alone, and more elderly tourists. This is a general rule, not an absolute, but if you stick to the main roads and don’t travel alone you won’t have any problems. Don’t carry your wallet, credit cards, or tons of money with you – just carry Dominican pesos on a money clip or a throw away (Velcro) wallet. Photo copy your passport, drivers licence, and medical insurance card on to one piece of paper and put it in your wallet / money clip. The originals never need to leave the safe. Keep everything in your front pockets or zip / velcro pockets in cargo shorts. Take your camera and translator out with you during the day; leave them in the safe at night. As for your room, ‘chica proof’ it before you leave for the night – put anything of value in the safe. Don’t pay her until the morning and until you have taken a quick check to make sure everything is still there. Book a room with an electronic safe – don’t mess with a key safe unless you absolutely have to. Always send the chica to the shower first - while she is in there put your wallet, keys, phone, ect in the safe. I never had anything taken from my room with many chicas in and out. Do not go to a local’s or chicas house (on your first few trips) or trust them with anything of value – they are not your friends. Bring down a copy of the contact information to your home country's embassy and consulate in the DR. Program these numbers into your cell phone just in case. Bottom line, use your head and keep your eyes open and you will be fine – if you have ever sent money to a Nigerian Prince do not come to the DR.

Pharmacy:
The drug stores in Sosua have anything you need, and most things without a perscription. They have Tums, Imodium, antibiodicts, Ventolin, and all of the stiffy drugs you want over the counter. The pharmacy 2 doors down from the New Garden has nothing in it, and is way over priced. Go to the one two blocks over near the entrance to the beach. As for the stiffy drugs here is my take. I am 36, and I do not require any help when with the chicas. I tried the generic Cialis (LaPella) because I was curious. One 20mg pill was 50rd and is good for 36 hours. For me, it did not change anything about how hard things were, but it seemed to make it thicker, and it made me last a lot longer than normal. You are not supposed to drink excessivly if you take that stuff - I did both and had no problems. One thing is for sure, if you are a guy that get's 'whisky dick' it will solve that problem for you. Some (good) advice I did not take, is check with your doctor before taking any of this stuff.

Drinking:
The boards are pretty clear about not getting drunk in the DR. This was some more (good) advice I did not take. I got pretty much smashed every night, but I was always with wingmen, and I never walked anywhere alone. I did not get fall down stupid drunk, but drunk nonetheless. Have a good time and enjoy yourself, just use your head. Never leave your drink unattended – if you mess up just throw it away and get another one. Just tell your wingmen to watch your drink when you go to the bathroom or the dance floor – or do like me and take it with you. Me and my wingmen bought a lot of drinks for the chicas. A lot of people are against this, but I found it makes for a fun night, and a great experience back at the room. We bought drinks for any chicas that we invited to sit with us, and usually one for their friends. Even if we did not session we still got numbers and bought them a drink. Random chicas that walked up and asked for a drink were told straight up no. Have fun with the girls and don’t be cheap – it pays dividends like better sessions, less problems negotiating, and lower prices in the morning (at least for me). At most night clubs Presidente is 100rd – some of the chicas want Corona or some other local stuff. They are only 150rd – big deal. If they want vodka redbull or something like that tell them to take a hike.

Gift Bags:
Taking some advice from this board, I made up 6 giftbags to give to 'the quality chicas'. I used small ziplock bags and inside I put a sexy thong, toothbrush, razor, a lip smacker, 2 fancy hair ties, and a Turtle (chocholate), As you might have guessed, these items were to make my sessions better just as much as gifts for her. I got all the items at the dollar store, Superstore (Canada), and Wal-Mart. Total cost for each bag was under $5. With one of the chicas it made no difference, but with the other five it made a huge difference. Plus, every chica that got a thong was more than happy to let me take thier picture wearing it. I gave it to them beffore the session, so they could use the stuff during our session.

Drugs:
I don’t use drugs of any kind home or away so this was not a problem for me. From what I have heard, don’t even think about buying some. It’s straight to jail and you can not buy your way out. Enjoy the chicas and take a week off. If you are an addict, stay away from me and other ISOC members, or find another place to vacation – it is big trouble down here.

Internet:
I had good wifi connection at both hotels I stayed at. Also my DR phone could call Canada if need be.

Now what the fuck are you waiting for? Get your ass down here, and if you run into me buy me a Presidente for writing this report.

Baller06

Support BGOL
Registered
got this from isg

NEW Things to do while in Sosua download http://www.mediafire.com/?ree6uwq5s9k9u6z

• 15. $45-80 Apart Hotel Club Residencial. Tel: 809-571-3675. Calle Pedro Clisante 32, Sosua http://clubresidencial.com

• 16. $55 Casa Cayena. Tel: 809-571-2651. Calle Dr. Rosen 25 El Batey Sosua http://www.hotelcasacayena.com

• 17. $50 Casa Valeria. Tel: 809-571-3565. Calle Dr Rosen 28, El Batey, Sosua (no AC) http://www.hotelcasavaleria.com

• 18. $10 (2hr) Calypso Hotel: no calling ahead

• 19. $30 Coco Hotel. Tel: 809-571-3217. #151 A. Martinez El Batey, Sosúa http://www.cocohotelcoco.com/

• 20. $40 Don Andres. Tel: 809 571-3140. Calle Alejo Martinez 6, Sosúa http://www.hoteldonandres.com/

• 21. $40 Don Antonio. Room w / air Calle Dr. Rosen #3 http://www.hotel-don-antonio.com/

• 22. $45 El Canto Delfin Tel: 809 571-2124. Carr. Sosua-Cabarete #5, Sosua. Reasonably girl friendly

• 23. $30-50 Orchidee Hotel. Tel: 809-779-9929. Calle Dr Rosen #24, Sosua http://www.hotelorchidee.ch/

• 24. $50 Plaza Europa. Pedro Clisante 14 809-571-3335. Good for first timers, extra for more than 1 girl. AC is extra http://www.hotelplazaeuropa.com

• 25. $60up New Garden. Tel: 809-571-1557. Calle Dr. Rosen 10, El Batey, Sosúa http://www.hotelnewgarden.com/english.html

• 26. $30up Perla de Sosua Apts. Tel: 829-677-1497. 2 bedroom apts for $55 with AC. 2 girls ok but there might be issues with all day stream of girls http://www.perladesosua.com

• 27. $35 Romanoff. Tel: 809-571-3242 Calle Ayuntamiento.

• 28. $25up Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar & Hotel. Tel: 809-571-2951. Calle Dr. Rosen 22, El Batey, Sosua http://www.rockysbar.com/

• 29. $35up Voramar Hotel. Tel: 809-571-3910. Playa Chiquita, Sosúa http://www.hotelvoramar-sosua.com/home/home.php

• 30. $100 Las Terrazas Condos. More upscale, must phone or email agent. Agent= http://www.amberguardian.com/ Photos=http://www.mediafire.com/?7ybo4cdjhb0 Multiple girls OK but if neighbors are disturbed your out! TIP. Arrange price with girls before you tell them you are staying here.

• 31. $200 Villa California (Playa chiquita beach) Very upscale. 3 rooms which are all private from each other. Great deals possible if you stay longer than a few days. The girls love this place! http://www.vrbo.com/386507

• 32. $25up Paraiso hotel. 14 Calle Rosen. 809-571-2906 http://www.paraisodecolon.com/

• 33. $40up Seabreeze Hotel. Alejo Martinez Nº 10, El Batey, Sosua http://hotelseabreezesosua.com/

• 37. $65up Sosua Bay Beach Resort Hotel. Dr. Alejo Martinez #1. Buildings 5&6 are not all-inclusive and allow girls for no charge http://www.sosuabayresort.com

• 38. $89up Terra Linda Resort. Calle Rosen 26 El Batey. Rumored to be the highest qualiy hotel in Sosua. One girl allowed without charge http://terralindaresort.com/

Baller06

Support BGOL
Registered
Budget Saving Tips for A Newbie

One mistake I see allot is with guys that have limited Spanish not asking for the bill at a Sosua bar. They just hand over a mil peso note and assume the change will be correct. Learn the word; factura. Google it and listen to how it is pronounced. Then they will have to show you a bill (even if it's a calculator total) if they want your money.

Suggestions I made to a budget minded newbie travelling to Sosua staying at Don Antonio:
BUDGET TIPS...
1. You can walk to the big supermarket on the main road for supplies. Coming out of Don Antonio take a left and a right. Its on the left.

2. Be careful when making purchases everywhere but especailly on the beach. Always ask how much. Most places have posted prices. If your spanish isnt good stick to places with posted prices.

3. At Rhumbas prices are half of what most the other places are and its nice with a nice crowd. Good to pregame there before classicos. El Flow has comparable prices but a rougher crowd.

4. Britania Pub has a 99 pesos lunch specail every day. Small serving but decent enough.

5. The street vendors have good food and are a great value!. Coming out of Don Antonio take a right and a right for grilled (on a bbq) chicken. Or chicken sandwich with all the fixings. Both are located about a block or two away. The bbq guy is slightly off of Pedro Clisante to the right. just before the vacant lot. At night take a left and a right for fried meat or chicken with platanos. again on the left side of the steet.

6. Becareful when buying drinks for girls they like to order Corona and Hennesey ect. You Order for them. Even the bartenders! I buy bottles of brugal and offer them that or presidente. If you buy the good stuff once, some start to expect it! ( especailly bartenders)

7. Brugal is your friend. Small bottle with soda around 400rd and large 800. Give or take 50rd (in the bar price)

8. Make sure you have change, NO ONE ELSE WILL!!!...lol

1-if you are gonna stay in el batey only...walk EVERYWHERE...no need to pay for motos

2-dont buy shit for bitches....no food, no drinks, no motos...pay them for the service and thats it...no tip either....they should be grateful you selected them amongst the rest

3-theres a little place next to the pharmacy where the HELODO BON is...eat breakfast and lunch there...its cheap and good....eat at rockys its slow but cheap and the roasted chicken places are always a go

4-dont buy anything from the vendors....you really dont need that bullshit and if you must have an item you can find all that crap online

5-stock up at the supermarket

6-try to cut out or limit alcohol consumption! you really dont need it to have fun out there...if you must buy alcohol when you are out buy the domestic beers..presidente brahma and bohemia they are cheaper

7-if you want hard stuff....keep a flask with what you like and just order a chaser

8-set your price for the hoes....dont budge...stick to that....an extra 500 pesos here and there will add up QUICK and before you know it you missed out on another score....try low balling them first and if they go for it YOU WIN!!

9-DONT WIFE UP....you will be spending DOUBLE for day to day bullshit...if you wanna repeat just tell her to come by at SET time and then she leaves!

10-watch your tipping at places....if you wanna avoid the tip just take your shit to go

1) Never use your US phone. Always buy a disposable (burner)/ local cell phone. It's cheaper than international plans.

2) Having a phone guarantees the ability to take down numbers from chicas and renegotiate for better prices or repeats.

3) Ask a local chica what they paid for exactly what your about to buy. You'd be surprised. There are usually two prices if you don't know Spanish. Locals prices Vs. Visiting Gringo price -

4) Buy your expensive alcohol of choice at the airport (duty free). Get a bottle or cup and bring it with you to mix with a chaser. It will last you your whole trip.

5) Make sure you have plenty of change. Locals always claim they don't have it forcing you to "walk" or give them more than you bargained for (taxis & Motos) always do this.

6) Regardless of what your buying, always be prepared to say no and walk away. You'd be surprised how many times you'll get the price your asking for. And with Chicas, something better always comes by later. It never fails

7) Avoid tour guides at all costs. They will follow you around trying to get a cut of their "so called" bargained price for you. You don't need em, numbers are universal, know your money conversions and bargain yourself.

8) Unless your at a chica Casa/ establishment. Negotiate prices "before" you bring her to your room. Pay after they finish, never before. Show em the money put it away and "Let em work for it". You pay first and the "official chicas rule book" comes out. Ie. No kiss, condom BJ, 1 leche, only missionary, LMAO!!!!

9) And most importantly, do not fall for every chicas sob story about what they don't have and hard times. I have no money for the moto ( how did you get here then?)
- I don't have a phone ( buy me one)
- I have a sick relative
- I have 11 bros/sis and I'm the only one working.
- I haven't eaten all day, I'm thirsty.
- I need money for English lessons/school.

Last edited:

Baller06

Support BGOL
Registered
The Advantage to renting a villa

1. The comforts of home while on vacation.
2. More privacy and quiet.
3. Private pool. (can't stress this one enough) And some units have jacuzzis as well.
4. Asthetics. Some of these villas are very nice.
5. Distance from the strip. Sometimes I need to get away from the action in order to relax.
6. Better security. The guards at Casa Linda keep a written record of problem chicas, and won't evenallow them into the complex. This actually happened to my wingman once. We couldn't even bribe the guard to let the chica in. So my wingman had to go back to the strip and get another. And villa security guards won't give a chica back her cedula unless you're with her.
7. Chica control. Chicas are less likely to act up if they know they gotta walk past armed guards, then gate security, and then walk a ways just to get a motoconcho.
8. Did I already mention the private pools?
9. Most villa communities are close enough to the strip so that going back and forth is not a chore.

Last edited:

K. Hash

Rising Star
Registered
Dumb question: I read that the normal attire for the night life is a good shirt and some jeans. All I really have as far as decent shirts are Ralph Lauren and Lacoste. Would that be considered 'flashy'?

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Dumb question: I read that the normal attire for the night life is a good shirt and some jeans. All I really have as far as decent shirts are Ralph Lauren and Lacoste. Would that be considered 'flashy'?

Only to jealous racist cacs and insecure negroes who will find some reason to complain about you behind your back regardless but no...flashy is excess jewelry and purposely pulling out wads of cash for ppl to notice and even then you're still relatively safe...I've never worn jeans bcuz it is too hot for that for me but I've seen guys who feel comfortable wearing jeans @ nite bcuz that's just what they feel comfortable wearing...I use to wear just t-shirts but on my last trip I wore polo shirts w/ a tee underneath...it was a lil hot but not uncomfortable...in Classicos the style of dress ranges from dudes in tank tops shorts and flip flops to dudes in dress shirts jeans and casual shoes...it's honestly what YOU prefer...the girls don't really care either way and neither will the local guys...you simply being non-Dominican will put you on everyone's radar but it will not necessarily make you a target...it's your actions moreso than your clothes that can potentially make you a target

Gsxr1074

Potential Star
Registered

No that would not be flashy.

Some nights (weekends) I put on a nice shirt and a pair of jeans but it is not necessary. It all depends on what you want to wear, some nights I just change my shirt for a nicer t-shirt, change my flip flops for sneakers then I hit the club.

It is a ho town so you should not have a problem

Gsxr1074

Potential Star
Registered
Cubadave talks about choosing the right hotel

daam dude got it down to a science very detailed.[/QUOTE]

I have met Cuba Dave in person-- he is the type of guy who likes Passions. Passions a bar where the girls stand behind the bar-- and you just pick the one you want either for a short time on the premise or all night at your hotel.

When out on the street he is not the type of guy to interact with on the females on the street. Passions is ok but you do not have to go there to get a girl.

If you can go to a regular bar talk to a girl then take her home. If you cannot do that then go to Passions.. Passions is close to everything else so see for yourself..

K. Hash

Rising Star
Registered
Only to jealous racist cacs and insecure negroes who will find some reason to complain about you behind your back regardless but no...flashy is excess jewelry and purposely pulling out wads of cash for ppl to notice and even then you're still relatively safe...I've never worn jeans bcuz it is too hot for that for me but I've seen guys who feel comfortable wearing jeans @ nite bcuz that's just what they feel comfortable wearing...I use to wear just t-shirts but on my last trip I wore polo shirts w/ a tee underneath...it was a lil hot but not uncomfortable...in Classicos the style of dress ranges from dudes in tank tops shorts and flip flops to dudes in dress shirts jeans and casual shoes...it's honestly what YOU prefer...the girls don't really care either way and neither will the local guys...you simply being non-Dominican will put you on everyone's radar but it will not necessarily make you a target...it's your actions moreso than your clothes that can potentially make you a target

No that would not be flashy.

Some nights (weekends) I put on a nice shirt and a pair of jeans but it is not necessary. It all depends on what you want to wear, some nights I just change my shirt for a nicer t-shirt, change my flip flops for sneakers then I hit the club.

It is a ho town so you should not have a problem

Pro shiate the advice. thanks :yes:

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I broke all the man rules and fell in love... :smh: fuckin simp

How? Why? :confused:

With who? What she look like, post pics! :D

Man, don't feel bad. I fell in love w/ the weather, the beach, the pool, the food and just walking/wandering around having NOTHING to do, but able to do EVERYTHING.

rNubb

Rising Star
Registered
Got this trip alert today.
Been thinking about a trip with my people later this year.

tzoo.dp.media.10809.36739.lifestyle-puertaplta.jpg
tzoo.dp.media.10809.36736.lifestyle-puertaplta.jpg
tzoo.dp.media.10809.36738.lifestyle-puertaplta.jpg
tzoo.dp.media.10809.36740.lifestyle-puertaplta.jpg

http://www.travelzoo.com/hotels/car...rt-at-75-Off-1418769/?ptl=done&rating=&tppct=

When
April 3 - Dec. 20

Where
Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic

Savings
75% on current pricing
Why We Like It
This deal at a beachfront all-inclusive resort costs less than the price of dinner and a movie.

$24 a day pp based on double occupancy.

I don't know if it is cheap or not. Just passing on information.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Two things to bear in mind if you want to go to Sosua for the "action" but are staying in Puerto Plata...you'll have to create a budget to travel from Puerto Plata to Sosua which isn't too far if you plan on venturing there often...also the hotel may frown on you bringing back a different girl each day/nite and in some cases flat out deny you from doing so...$24/day for those accommodations are a damn good deal tho

Got this trip alert today.
Been thinking about a trip with my people later this year.

tzoo.dp.media.10809.36739.lifestyle-puertaplta.jpg
tzoo.dp.media.10809.36736.lifestyle-puertaplta.jpg
tzoo.dp.media.10809.36738.lifestyle-puertaplta.jpg
tzoo.dp.media.10809.36740.lifestyle-puertaplta.jpg

http://www.travelzoo.com/hotels/car...rt-at-75-Off-1418769/?ptl=done&rating=&tppct=

When
April 3 - Dec. 20

Where
Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic

Savings
75% on current pricing
Why We Like It
This deal at a beachfront all-inclusive resort costs less than the price of dinner and a movie.

$24 a day pp based on double occupancy.

I don't know if it is cheap or not. Just passing on information.

clyde

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Heading to Punta Cana in the middle of April. Now I think I probably made a mistake and should have booked a trip to Puerto