Some teachers around the country are saying fuck this shit I’m retiring early

Dark19

Zod's Son
BGOL Investor
Shit..that's what the system wants. Now they can hire younger teachers at less pay and benefits. There's a whole correction coming and this is just one part o that correction.
But The Problem is There Is a Teacher Shortage.....Alot Of People Arent Coming Into the Profession.....And Alot Are Getting Out Of It Inside of 5-7 Years and Getting Into Other Professions

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
But The Problem is There Is a Teacher Shortage.....Alot Of People Arent Coming Into the Profession.....And Alot Are Getting Out Of It Inside of 5-7 Years and Getting Into Other Professions
Well that depending on where one lives as far as a teacher shortage goes. Besides...they want less teachers and less traditional public schools. Charter schools, online school, and home school is what will be the future.

Last edited:

Africanama

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
The pay is not enough to deal with a lot of the knucklehead kids they have to deal with. The amount time and money it takes to become a teacher, better going into another profession.

Dark19

Zod's Son
BGOL Investor
The pay is not enough to deal with a lot of the knucklehead kids they have to deal with. The amount time and money it takes to become a teacher, better going into another profession.
That Also....There's Alot of These Kids In These Schools That Need Social Workers or P.O.'s in Some Cases Cause of Their Home LIfe's and Its Not Just Kids From Low Income or "Ghetto" Areas

bdquest9

To teach the truth to the young black youth
BGOL Investor

Thus the teacher shortage. This mainly hurts urban areas where most school districts are hurting for teachers they have contracts with Teach for America. Which pretty much hires anyone with a bachelors degree with no teaching training to teach in schools with the most issues. They also hire foreign teachers especially from the Philippines to come to the states and teach, in hopes of getting them permanent residence.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
My cousin hasn't returned back. Him and his wife are both teachers. He's 44, and she's late-30s. They teach at the same school, and are lucky enough to have their 3 kids go to school there too (they haven't taught any of their classes). He's full-time, and she's been part-time at 2 days a week since they started building their family years back. She's gone back to 2 days a week. He was weary as he's got underlying health issues (heart) and heart disease runs in the family. He lost his dad at 58, grandpa at 50, and uncle early-60s. It's just not worth it to him.

He talked to his doc' and got the OK to not return at this time. I give him credit for some sound decision-making over the years. His mom got him into real estate early (late-teens / early-20s) and the inheritance after losing both parents he put towards rental properties. His mom's common law husband is in his early-80s now. He looked out for the guy as a father figure (and grandpa for the kids) and he lives in their basement suite. He's had his own health issues. Suffered a heart attack last year, and fortunately cousin's family was home at the time. He was able to race him to the hospital (it's about 3 mins away - all downhill). Wouldn't have turned out so well if he were still living alone. It's a good safe place too given the pandemic. They can help him out by running his errands for him. Not having him be out in the community at a risk.

Talked to him (cousin) the other day and he's been spending a large amount of time with his kids. Unsure what the gameplan will be come return of school in Sept.

roots69

Rising Star
Registered
That Also....There's Alot of These Kids In These Schools That Need Social Workers or P.O.'s in Some Cases Cause of Their Home LIfe's and Its Not Just Kids From Low Income or "Ghetto" Areas

Right on, write on!! These school system are terrible and they don't pay those teachers enuf to deal with that BS!! The kids are enuf, but the parents are a whole different story!! Their like adult/kids!!

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Right on, write on!! These school system are terrible and they don't pay those teachers enuf to deal with that BS!! The kids are enuf, but the parents are a whole different story!! Their like adult/kids!!
Yet the focus on whether kids learn or not is still on the teachers. No one wants to talk about the parents (or lack thereof) and how teachers are expected to be many things including social workers, de facto parents, etc....

roots69

Rising Star
Registered
Yet the focus on whether kids learn or not is still on the teachers. No one wants to talk about the parents (or lack thereof) and how teachers are expected to be many things including social workers, de facto parents, etc....

Yeah, I feel bad for sum of the teachers!! A lot of folks want to point the finger at too many of them. When the finger needs to be pointed at sum of these parents!! Truth be told, we really need a total reset!! As advanced as we are, the story/schooling is being taught at a 1950-60 pace!! These kids are living in an advanced world, but got to school to be dumbed down at a very slow pace!! Maybe that's the whole point!! Rockerfeller whole school system was to make the kids only smart enuf to operate the factory machines!!

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Yeah, I feel bad for sum of the teachers!! A lot of folks want to point the finger at too many of them. When the finger needs to be pointed at sum of these parents!! Truth be told, we really need a total reset!! As advanced as we are, the story/schooling is being taught at a 1950-60 pace!! These kids are living in an advanced world, but got to school to be dumbed down at a very slow pace!! Maybe that's the whole point!! Rockerfeller whole school system was to make the kids only smart enuf to operate the factory machines!!
Well one of the worst things that occurred in the school system was removing the trades out of the schools and this teaching to the test nonsense. That's why these kids today have no problem solving skills.
While we need specialized schools, the problem as always will be fighting to keep black kids from being automatically placed in the lower classes. It's happening right now with these AP classes.
Then you have the for profit schools that will bounce a kids out of school or not even allow x amount of black kids in their school.

Last edited:

roots69

Rising Star
Registered
Well one of the worst things that occurred in the school system was removing the trades out of the schools and this teaching to the test nonsens. That why these kids today have no problem solving skills.
While we need specialized schools, the problem as always we be fightingto keep black kids from being automatically placed in the lower classes. It's happening right now with these AP classes.
These you have the for profit schools that will bounce a kids out of school or not even allowed x amount of black kids in their school.

Bruh, you won't get no argument outta me on that topic!! I hate see any of our kids getting screwed over by the school system!! So the system can get all that extra Fed money!!

Goingmark40

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Can't blame them. They asking for too dam much from these teachers. They already gotta teach and baby-sit these chillum. Now during that they gotta monitor social distancing ,whether kids are wearing their masks and everything else that goes on in a classroom. Its just too many unknown variables to be even risking this

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This right here, ALL DAY !!! The Rump admin, his enablers, cronies, and groupies vilified and ridiculed all the measures that allowed other countries begin normalizing at this point. They shit on testing, social distancing, wearing mask, medical advice on the best medicines and therapies, etc. Then they turned around and rushed the reopening. Why would a teacher risk their life knowing young children are just incapable of doing everything necessary to prevent the spread. They just can't.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I've been said the board of ed needs a reset and is overrated.. I said homeschooling was the future or gonna be a big alternative.. Especially the fact that some kids learn at a faster pace than the curriculum.. Also certain subjects are useless in the real world and are just fillers to keep kids in school for a longer period of time... Demonstrations and info is gonna be the future..anybody who creates videos teaching subjects in easily comprehended way for the youth is gonna make a killing... Think of Rosetta stone but for various subjects...them apps gonna make so much money ..there's a billion dollar business in the future if you can create it

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Shit..that's what the system wants. Now they can hire younger teachers at less pay and benefits. There's a whole correction coming and this is just one part of that correction.
Good point

BB49Em.jpg

2Klub

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bumping up

Now that school has started, what have people been experiencing?

I know leading up to this, a lot of administrators and teachers were being asked to do a lot of work in preparation but funds in the system weren’t increased or were cut.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
Bumping up

Now that school has started, what have people been experiencing?

I know leading up to this, a lot of administrators and teachers were being asked to do a lot of work in preparation but funds in the system weren’t increased or were cut.

Georgia is hiding the numbers after the debacle of the first week of school openings so I don’t know what’s going on in my state but it is not good I think.

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor
Teachers only doing it to avoid them student loans... once they get that commitment covered they bounce to other professions...

There's no money in teaching... you have to have a passion for doing it, have a spouse that's the breadwinner, or it's likely a stop gap until something better comes along

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Teachers only doing it to avoid them student loans... once they get that commitment covered they bounce to other professions...

There's no money in teaching... you have to have a passion for doing it, have a spouse that's the breadwinner, or it's likely a stop gap until something better comes along
Well that depends on where the person is working.

spider705

BGOL Investor
Well that depends on where the person is working.
True... the district you're in could see you get paid decent... but for the areas that NEED top quality people in teaching positions... you're gonna get crumbs

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Some of the high schools around here pay teachers 6 figures . But that’s the suburbs though. Teaching city kids is not worth it . They’d have to pay at least 250k to even consider putting up with some of these niggas. They be wildin in class. When I was in high school some of the classes had the teacher sitting behind a fence because students would throw shit at them.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor

As if they didn't already have a qualified teacher shortage with the shit pay that the majority od states pay them..... they making loot here in Jersey..... lot of them be clocking close to $100k or higher.... high taxes here get you something at least

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

you clearly dont know what you are talking about! There is a lot more you can do in & outside of the school system.

spider705

BGOL Investor
you clearly dont know what you are talking about! There is a lot more you can do in & outside of the school system.
My cousin is a director of athletics for the school district she teaches in after being a coach and vice principal for a school within that district.

Her husband is the superintendent of that district after being a principal for a high school here in Houston.

Speak on what you know and don't make assumptions.