So when’s the housing bubble bursting?

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
The only saving grace is certain neighborhoods that have banned investors from buying and renting out properties. One area code has them completely shut out. On the other hand, another area code, they are wildin the fuck out. So it seems it depends on the area where investors are racking up.

Over here they instituted an empty homes tax. They were getting tired of foreign investors buying up properties and leaving many unoccupied.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Uh oh, I think it has started. I was looking at homes in Smyrna Ga today in realtor.com and one page had 6 price reductions in an area where people would pay $50k over asking price last year. The price reductions ranged from $10- $75k.

It was getting wild with people paying overasking. Heard some people locally say they lost out on condos and townhomes as they had no interest in paying $50 - 75k over on something already too costly, but the next person quickly would.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I was going to transfer a care credit balance to a 0% interest card that my wife and I share, but her utilization is right at 30%, so it would mess her up if I did that. So I’m just going to eat the interest and pay it off faster. I don’t want her credit to take a hit while she is digger herself out a hole.

I got this $1400 car payment I got to eat today. :smh: catalytic converter and O2 censors.

Are there any issues with catalytic converter thefts in your area? It has been a big issue in our province for 1 - 2 yrs. plenty of news stories. My dad knows 3 people personally that lost theirs. 1 from a truck and 2 from
minivans.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Are there any issues with catalytic converter thefts in your area? It has been a big issue in our province for 1 - 2 yrs. plenty of news stories. My dad knows 3 people personally that lost theirs. 1 from a truck and 2 from
minivans.

Yeah, that’s an issue here, but depends on where you’re at. If you in the city or dense area then the theft is higher than others. I haven’t had any issues, but I did here the news talking about it.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
The minute you close on that house, you're going to be bombarded with cc offers!

So true. My dad’s gf had a late-2019 flood from a rainstorm. Carport into the basement. She put the whole restoration cost on her CC. Paid it off quickly. No questions asked they bumped her to a premium
CC with 3x the points earning thinking she was a high roller. She is not. She’s an average woman in her 70s who works 2 days a week at her nephew’s company as it pays well and she has great benefits. They sent her other promo offers too. She joked and said “they will eventually notice I am far from a big spender, haha”

:roflmao3:

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It was getting wild with people paying overasking. Heard some people locally say they lost out on condos and townhomes as they had no interest in paying $50 - 75k over on something already too costly, but the next person quickly would.
It was crazy. I sold my old home over asking price Just two months ago. I don’t think I would have done that today. It sold in 10 hours of listing it.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
It was crazy. I sold my old home over asking price Just two months ago. I don’t think I would have done that today. It sold in 10 hours of listing it.

Congrats.

Was it also smooth process on the real estate search to buy afterward, and/or had you already been looking for awhile?

:thumbsup:

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Congrats.

Was it also smooth process on the real estate search to buy afterward, and/or had you already been looking for awhile?

:thumbsup:
Actually I bought a piece of land and built my custom home on it. I wanted to live in a particular part of town and I spent 3 years looking for land. I finally found an old house/land out of an estate and I bought it privately in 2019. I built it during the pandemic and it was quite easy then.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Actually I bought a piece of land and built my custom home on it. I wanted to live in a particular part of town and I spent 3 years looking for land. I finally found an old house/land out of an estate and I bought it privately in 2019. I built it during the pandemic and it was quite easy then.

Congrats man - that’s great to hear!

:thumbsup: :cheers:

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Stuff in my area that’s not upper mid to top tier is sitting for a few weeks now and price cuts are happening weekly. Some of these places would have sold in 2-3 days at greater than 15%-25% over asking as recently as February.

Fortunately, sold my mid tier starter home back in late fall 2021 in 3 days for way more than I would have ever paid for it, and I was already in the new spot at 2.97% interest on a 30 year note.To get the same mortgage payment per month on my new crib at today’s rate, I’d have to get over $150k LESS house.

Last edited:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
John Oliver Tonight
Rent

Oliver explained, “if you are wondering why your rent is going up, it may well be because your landlord sees the current affordable housing crisis as a chance to reset market rates. In a lot of the country, there are very few legal constraints to stop them from doing that.”

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
John Oliver Tonight
Rent

Oliver explained, “if you are wondering why your rent is going up, it may well be because your landlord sees the current affordable housing crisis as a chance to reset market rates. In a lot of the country, there are very few legal constraints to stop them from doing that.”

Corporate landlords are mainly the ones at fault. I know several people who rent from apartment complexes and their renewals have went up over 60% in some cases.

Most private landlords like myself aren't jacking up rents that high. But with that said, private landlords are forced to go with the market as well because of higher expenses. Insurance, property taxes, hoa's have all shot up. Don't forget the elephant in the room which is inflation. When a landlord has to call a plumber or any repair man, their services and parts got more expensive than in the past.

Last edited:

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
John Oliver Tonight
Rent

No, home values go up so does property tax and the owners need to make up the difference. My crib is worth 250k more than it was this time last year. My property tax went up . If I were renting best believe the tenants are going to get an increase.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
People trying to rent out old RVs or trailers in their driveways and shit. Where do they shit if they're in a trailer? An outhouse in the renter's yard ... knock on the landlord's door to use the washroom to clean up?

Crazy world.

Dont go looking down on RV’s.

I made a post earlier in this thread on RV’s stating those things are selling like hotcakes. And it’s White folks buying them things.

The small ones can easily be pulled with a basic SUV/Light Pickup like a Ford Explorer or Ranger.

Larger models can be pulled by a full size pickup like a Ford 150.

The big 5th wheel models needs a heavy duty like a Ford SuperDuty F250 or larger.

And the units that are self contained that you can drive are hot also.

All those units have bathrooms with water tanks/septic tanks that can be emptied and reloaded at local truck stops, selected gas stations/highway rest areas and other places.

If you are in a stationary area for a extended period of time, you can get one of those Porta Potty companies to come out and clean out your waste tank and refill it with the blue fluid. Or just park at a RV park with hookups for water/waste.

These newer units look better than some apartments and homes on the market.

Jay-Flight-Bungalow-40RLTS-.jpg

BUNKHOUSE-5.png

ventana2.jpg

RV%20Interior_InCopy_app_450x336%201@2x.jpg

1_3154_2157188_49779760.jpg

Photo_BLOG_MARVAC_Solutude_70.jpg

images

2017_bc_3965dss_02-1.jpg

I been thinking of getting one of these mofos myself.

Put Solar Panels on that beast and you set for life.

0aefd6bac7366d50d2ca0bed145fb20e.png

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
@blackbull1970

Good info on the deluxe RVs, etc.

When I was mentioning the trailers, I was thinking about the small ones that people used to take camping in the 80s and 90s. I.e. - nothing fancy. Mostly just a place to crash. People are renting out some of those in their driveways, it’s wild. The ones that are decades outdated.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
@blackbull1970

Good info on the deluxe RVs, etc.

When I was mentioning the trailers, I was thinking about the small ones that people used to take camping in the 80s and 90s. I.e. - nothing fancy. Mostly just a place to crash. People are renting out some of those in their driveways, it’s wild. The ones that are decades outdated.

Those huge ones are like rolling houses. Can’t lie. I want one for myself.

Edit. Man look at these Mfs :smh: Not a care in the world huh? Fuck y’all

Last edited:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
There’s sudden real estate inventory amid rising interest rates in the Las Vegas Valley

From waitlists to bidding wars, the hot housing market is seeing a cooling trend after a sudden rise in interest rates.

Nobody paying all that to live in Vegas with them outrageous property taxes