SNL: "SLOW" - R&B Song Parody Sketch Starring Kenan Thompson, Chris Redd, and Adam Driver.. Had me on the Floor..

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
On the real... this track could be on the radio... Adam Driver was fucking killing me..

Hell Na we not Slow Slow..

"Doctor said weee juuuust above the line"

- Byran I just washed my face so it's not happen..
But I brought ICE CREAM..

:lol2:

Last edited:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You know.... I completely forget sometimes that this chicks dad is black. Also ..... She should be doing R&B.
eh...she found her lane...she's passing as white and it works for her shes even said that much...

if she went R&B all she would be is this gen's Tina Marie and what happened to her music career?

Pink was positioned as blue-eyed R&B early in her career in the early 00s then she crossed over to pop rock and made it even bigger.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
eh...she found her lane...she's passing as white and it works for her shes even said that much...

if she went R&B all she would be is this gen's Tina Marie and what happened to her music career?

Pink was positioned as blue-eyed R&B early in her career in the early 00s then she crossed over to pop rock and made it even bigger.
giphy.gif

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
Wow. Just wow. Sometimes children need to just fall back and STFU when grown folks are having a discussion. :beatyourass:

Teena Marie's last album in 2009 went Top 5 R&B and Top 20 on the Pop charts. Her THIRTEENTH album after THIRTY years in the business. When she died in 2010 (of natural causes) she was still charting singles and headlining in Las Vegas.

Congo Square was released on June 9, 2009 on Stax/Concord Records. Sales-wise, the album proved another success, reaching the Top 20 on Billboard's Top 200, and giving Teena Marie yet another Top 10 R&B chart entry. In 2010, Teena Marie continued to be a headliner on the Las Vegas Strip, appearing regularly at the Las Vegas Hilton and other venues until just before her death.​
She played rhythm guitar, keyboards, and congas, and wrote, produced, sang, and arranged virtually all of her songs since her 1980 release, Irons in the Fire. At the time of her death, Teena Marie had been in the process of completing her 14th album, Beautiful. It was finished posthumously by her daughter, Alia Rose, and released on January 15, 2013.​
Teena Marie was godmother to Marvin Gaye's daughter, Nona Gaye as well as to American actress and comedienne Maya Rudolph, daughter of singer-songwriter Minnie Riperton and composer Richard Rudolph. She also cared for Rick James's son, Rick, Jr., and family friend Jeremiah O'Neal. Lenny Kravitz posted a video in which he said that Teena Marie had taken him into her home and helped him when he was struggling early in his career.​
On the afternoon of December 26, 2010, Teena Marie was found unresponsive at her Pasadena home by her daughter, Alia Rose. On December 30, 2010, an autopsy was performed by the Los Angeles County coroner, who found no signs of apparent trauma or a discernible cause of death, and concluded she had died from natural causes. She had suffered a tonic–clonic seizure a month before.​
A memorial service was held at Forest Lawn Cemetery on January 10, 2011. Among those in attendance were Stevie Wonder, Deniece Williams, Smokey Robinson, Queen Latifah, LisaRaye, Sinbad, Tichina Arnold, Shanice Wilson, and Berry Gordy, Jr.

Last edited:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wow. Just wow. Sometimes children need to just fall back and STFU when grown folks are having a discussion. :beatyourass:

Teena Marie's last album in 2009 went Top 5 R&B and Top 20 on the Pop charts. Her THIRTEENTH album after THIRTY years in the business. When she died in 2010 (of natural causes) she was still charting singles and headlining in Las Vegas.

Congo Square was released on June 9, 2009 on Stax/Concord Records. Sales-wise, the album proved another success, reaching the Top 20 on Billboard's Top 200, and giving Teena Marie yet another Top 10 R&B chart entry. In 2010, Teena Marie continued to be a headliner on the Las Vegas Strip, appearing regularly at the Las Vegas Hilton and other venues until just before her death.​
She played rhythm guitar, keyboards, and congas, and wrote, produced, sang, and arranged virtually all of her songs since her 1980 release, Irons in the Fire. At the time of her death, Teena Marie had been in the process of completing her 14th album, Beautiful. It was finished posthumously by her daughter, Alia Rose, and released on January 15, 2013.​
Teena Marie was godmother to Marvin Gaye's daughter, Nona Gaye as well as to American actress and comedienne Maya Rudolph, daughter of singer-songwriter Minnie Riperton and composer Richard Rudolph. She also cared for Rick James's son, Rick, Jr., and family friend Jeremiah O'Neal. Lenny Kravitz posted a video in which he said that Teena Marie had taken him into her home and helped him when he was struggling early in his career.​
On the afternoon of December 26, 2010, Teena Marie was found unresponsive at her Pasadena home by her daughter, Alia Rose. On December 30, 2010, an autopsy was performed by the Los Angeles County coroner, who found no signs of apparent trauma or a discernible cause of death, and concluded she had died from natural causes. She had suffered a tonic–clonic seizure a month before.​
A memorial service was held at Forest Lawn Cemetery on January 10, 2011. Among those in attendance were Stevie Wonder, Deniece Williams, Smokey Robinson, Queen Latifah, LisaRaye, Sinbad, Tichina Arnold, Shanice Wilson, and Berry Gordy, Jr.
all well and good but doesn't change the fact that TM was black famous...and we all know theres a difference between black famous and "mainstream" famous.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
all well and good but doesn't change the fact that TM was black famous...and we all know theres a difference between black famous and "mainstream" famous.
Teena got offered pop fame and passed on it. Teena was true to her musical roots. As far as I'm concerned, she's one of the small handful who forever gets a pass. She was even rappin' before a lot of dudes. Square Biz came out in 1980.
Now, these bitches just use R&B like Taylor Dane and them did back in the day to get "soul points" long enough to go pop and then end up country or some shit in the end.
Its about 3 or 4 non-black female singers now worth fuckin' with (Sinead Harnett, Sabrina Claudio, Snoh Aalegra, etc.) but none of them are down like Teena was. I ride for Teena all the way to the Emerald City.

Last edited:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Teena got offered pop fame and passed on it. Teena was true to her musical roots. As far as I'm concerned, she's one of the small handful who forever gets a pass. She was even rappin' before a lot of dudes. Square Biz came out in 1980.
Now, these bitches just use R&B like Taylor Dane and them did back in the day to get "soul points" long enough to go pop and then end up country or some shit in the end.
Its about 3 or 4 non-black bitches now worth fuckin' with (Sinead Harnett, Sabrina Claudio, Snoh Aalegra, etc.) but none of them are down like Teena was. I ride for Teena all the way to the Emerald City.
again no argument from me on any of that homie..but the point was made that halsey could do R&B but she's not going for just black famous.

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
again no argument from me on any of that homie..but the point was made that halsey could do R&B but she's not going for just black famous.
Point taken; which is why that bitch can go fall off a cliff as far as I'm concerned (musically). She's biracial and runnin' from her roots. Most half breed chicks want to assimilate into white culture. They have already cast her ass aside for Billie Eillish. They like their white girls all the way white and their soul blue-eyed.

That said, she could still get D'ed down.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Point taken; which is why that bitch can go fall off a cliff as far as I'm concerned (musically). She's biracial and runnin' from her roots. Most half breed chicks want to assimilate into white culture. They have already cast her ass aside for Billie Eillish. They like their white girls all the way white and their soul blue-eyed.

That said, she could still get D'ed down.
Just bring some coke with you and your in there... LOL

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The entire show was good. I didn't care for Adam Driver before, but he's starting to grow on me.

Man, its amazing how far he's come...wife and I first saw him on 1st season of "girls". Then movies like "while were young" 'black klansmen" etc. Just watched "marriage story" over the weekend...he's a great actor..was in that unconventional, quirky lane initially, but is a legit mainstream star now

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

Lol I was waiting for Kats to catch this. Lol I knew the wolves were coming.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Yeah this was the funniest that he has been on the show but this and the Science teacher skit took it over the top for me.

Man the ending to this shit..... put me on the Floor.

"What comes first in the Science room?"
--Mmmmm the Guy!!!

Comedy gold..

"The guy does not come first here!!"
-The girl comes first??
-No my sister said.. the girl never comes first..

:lol2::lol2:

More Comedy gold

Last edited:

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
You know what..... Randomly this song pop up on my Youtube feed... I completely forgot about this SNL rap song gem.

She hands me her cell phone.. Says it's my dad...

Man this ain't my Dad... This is a Cell Phone....
I threw it on the GROUND!!

Happy Birthday to the GROUND!!!