Side Hustle - Start-Up 101- Web Dev. & Social Media Advertising, Marketing & Promotion - RESOURCES

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
STARTING A WEBSITE OR BLOG

Below are my main tutorials on makeawebsitehub.com that will show you exactly how to get your own website or blog up-and-running in less than 30 minutes.

DOMAINS AND WEB HOSTING

These articles and pages were all put together to help people learn more about web hosting and domain names.

• Best Web Hosting: if you are looking for a web hosting company for your new online project then I’ve reviewed over 20 different providers.

• Best Domain Registrars: an overview of 12 different domain registrars to determine which you should use for your domains.

WEBSITE PLATFORMS

Not sure on which platform to use for building your website or blog? These articles might help you find the right one for you.

• WordPress vs Joomla vs Drupal: There are many content management systems to use for a new website. Here’s a breakdown of the Pros and Cons of the three most popular options.

• Top Blogging Sites: I’ve reviewed and compared most of the big blogging platforms such as WordPress, Weebly,Ghost and more…

• Best eCommerce Builders: A run down of the latest eCommerce website builders such as Shopify, Volusion and BigCommerce

• Shopify vs. WordPress: Shopify is easy to use, but WordPress offers more flexibility. Which one should you choose, and why?

• Best Website Builders: If you don’t want to build your own website from scratch there are a whole host of website builders now on the market. I have used my own money to sign up and review them all.

WORDPRESS TUTORIALS

WordPress is my number 1 choice for building a website or blog, so over the years I’ve written quite a few tutorials on how you can get the most out of it.

MAKING MONEY ONLINE

Once you have built your website or blog you might want to learn how to make money off of it.

WEB DESIGN RESOURCES

I have compiled a list of some of my go to posts for people interested in learning more about web design.

• Free Web Design Tools: I’ve created a whole range of free to use tools for web designers and web developers. They can all be found on this page.

• How to Become a Web Developer: a quick overview of great resources to learn how to become a web developer and get your first web development jobs.

• Learning to Code for Free: I’ve compiled a list of free resources for learning where to code for free, from MOOCs to cool websites and eBooks. This is a great resource to get you started.

SOCIAL MEDIA RESOURCES

• Social Image Sizes Cheat Sheet: each of the social networking sites have their own optimum image dimensions, this cheat sheet puts them all in one place for you.

• List of Social Media Sites: a list of social networking sites that you might want to check out for meeting new people or getting traffic to your website.

• Best times to Post on Social Media: I’ve compiled a list of the optimum times of day to post on the different social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.