Side Hustle - Domain Name Hustle.

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Ive come across a ton of viable businesses w/o website names. I even came across a popular podcast tv spinoff show without a website name ( I brought it). Ive been thinking about buying a few store names in another state & set up the website to possible sell or resell the same shit they sell in their physical store. Part of me feels like this is kinda fucked up but the other part feels like its BUSINESS!
Have any of the people here into the domain name game doing this? If so how has it worked out for you?
Would this be too unethical???

Any feed back would be appreciated, Im sure other people are interested in doing the same.

Zyin

Rising Star
Registered
run it
they knew their name long before you did and they opted out.

you can always look to lease it to them if they want it. (make sure the site you establish is in a different industry if you take this approach)

Mr.Chuckles

Chuckle
BGOL Investor
Ive come across a ton of viable businesses w/o website names. I even came across a popular podcast tv spinoff show without a website name ( I brought it). Ive been thinking about buying a few store names in another state & set up the website to possible sell or resell the same shit they sell in their physical store. Part of me feels like this is kinda fucked up but the other part feels like its BUSINESS!
Have any of the people here into the domain name game doing this? If so how has it worked out for you?
Would this be too unethical???

Any feed back would be appreciated, Im sure other people are interested in doing the same.
I was doing something like this 9 years ago but it's a headache and you loose more money than you make, DO NOT BUY DOMAIN NAMES that are doing legal commerce in any state cyber squatting is not what it used to be where you could profit off someone's misfortune, nowadays they just refund you your monies and sell the name to the business owner at a premium!
A better idea would be to sell turnkey business ideas with
1. domain
2.logo
3.twitter acct.
4.facebook acct.
5.small business idea summary (to help potential buyers envision the possibilities)
But this was booming back in the late 90's and early 2000's and people could do all of this with a domain registrar.
GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I was doing something like this 9 years ago but it's a headache and you loose more money than you make, DO NOT BUY DOMAIN NAMES that are doing legal commerce in any state cyber squatting is not what it used to be where you could profit off someone's misfortune, nowadays they just refund you your monies and sell the name to the business owner at a premium!
1. domain
2.logo
3.twitter acct.
4.facebook acct.
5.small business idea summary (to help potential buyers envision the possibilities)
But this was booming back in the late 90's and early 2000's and people could do all of this with a domain registrar.
GOOD LUCK!
:eek2::money::thumbsup::wepraise::wepraise::wepraise: dope idea!!!

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
1. domain
2.logo
3.twitter acct.
4.facebook acct.
GOOD LUCK!
can you PLEASE elaborate on this.....

Mr.Chuckles

Chuckle
BGOL Investor
can you PLEASE elaborate on this.....
Not much to say other than i started doing this back in 2003 did ok but left it alone for a bit and decided to try and make a come back well 2012 everybody and they momma could do what i did for far less ever heard of fiverr, well when i found out about it..................at that moment i knew i just fucked up, so i quit.
I'm not saying it can't be done but good luck.

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Not much to say other than i started doing this back in 2003 did ok but left it alone for a bit and decided to try and make a come back well 2012 everybody and they momma could do what i did for far less ever heard of fiverr, well when i found out about it..................at that moment i knew i just fucked up, so i quit.
I'm not saying it can't be done but good luck.
makes sense......