Shooting of Keith Lamont Scott - Recorded by Wife

luukim

Rising Star
Registered
1 it is common for people to snitch on others to get no or reduced jail time. So I don't believe the b&e man's story.

2 it is an open carry state IF he had that gun on him. No laws were broken except smoking a blunt. Is that punishable by death by a dropsquad?

3 Tape don't lie. I saw a man complying with 4 officers surrendering while walking backwards get popped without cause. So miss me with the character assassination.

I'm playing devils advocate here:

1) This maybe true, but the wife said that he had a gun on the restraining order. Should we trust her statement?

2) As a convicted felon, he could not legally possess a firearm. Unless, he got his records expunged or have petition the court for restoration of his firearm rights.
-> This alone does not justify taking his life.

3) True, the current tapes don't show anything. The police should have release all of the tapes on day one.
-> It is interesting that wife's narritve is not holding up.

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member
Why would cops scream "Drop the gun" if he has no gun? :confused:

Did he have anything? WTF is going on?

Same reason they say stop resisting while they beat your ass

Really? Alton Sterling ring a bell??

That's coverup 101: when you being recorded, influence the viewer by misleading them. Saying someone had a gun when they didn't is one of the oldest police tricks, next to planting evidence.

THIS. ALL OF THEM

Moreover, they covered this in Boondocks with the terrorist shoot out at the corner store. Huey was trying to reason with the cops and deescalate the situation before the shit went down. It was funny and ironic because that's exactly what Police are trained to do.

dont pull gun on cop

Fuck outta here.

He didn't pull no gun on no cops. That's why they didn't want to release all the tapes.

He did have an ankle holster on and I don't care if he did have a firearm, it wasn't drawn and wasn't aimed at the Police. He is breaking the law? Fine. Taser his ass, take him down and handcuff him, that way he still has life and the judicious system prevails... as it were.

Nobody made the Police judge, jury and executioner on the spot. This aint fucking Judge Dredd.

oNE

muckraker10021

Superstar *****
BGOL Investor

Wife of Keith Lamont, the man killed by Charlotte police tells her story

OCTOBER 13, 2016
|Rakeyia Scott's husband, Keith Lamont Scott, was killed by Charlotte police in September while waiting for his son to arrive home from school. His death sparked violent protests in Charlotte. Rakeyia tells "CBS This Morning" co-host Gayle King about their bond and what she misses the most about Keith.

Last edited:

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

Wife of Keith Lamont, the man killed by Charlotte police tells her story

OCTOBER 13, 2016
|Rakeyia Scott's husband, Keith Lamont Scott, was killed by Charlotte police in September while waiting for his son to arrive home from school. His death sparked violent protests in Charlotte. Rakeyia tells "CBS This Morning" co-host Gayle King about their bond and what she misses the most about Keith.

:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
That was the most through press conference I have ever heard. Too bad they can't be that through when the victim is unarmed. The bottom line is you don't have to wait for a person to point a gun at you for you to shoot in self-defense. They proved he had a gun and that is going to be enough.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
would've been nice to have seen this at the top but much like the thinking of the police and the prosecutors he was kinda making the viewing experience uncomfortable
best to cast it aside
can retire the thread now because no charges filed.
just another black man gone.

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member
Shit.

They showing a vid from a corner store that shows a bulge in this man pants leg at the ankle. Legally, I get it. He is breaking the law, okay, arrest him, taser him, take him down, shoot the tires of his car, shoot him in the legs - ANYTHING. I DUNNO.

How do you legally just shoot a man down because you see he has an ankle holster? I don't care how you reason it, unless he is bent over or the gun is in his hand or he pointing - even to reach in any direction would make that shit right and still... I'm looking at pics, looking at the video, listening to the wife talk, I still aint seen him do shit but walk backwards, hands in the air and get shot to death.

They also showing the cop that shot him all over the news now. I got that KRS one joint playing in my head as I type.

:smh:

oNE