Shane Mosley: I'm The Best at 147, Not Manny Pacquiao

Lapdanceking

Star
Registered
WBA welterweight champion Shane Mosley considers himself the best welterweight in the world. He doesn't think WBO champ Manny Pacquiao is the best fighter at the weight because he didn't beat the best welterweight in Miguel Cotto. Mosley wasn't willing to wait forever for a Pacquiao fight and signed for a unification bout with WBC champion Andre Berto on January 30.:hmm:

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=23616

If the fight with Mayweather crumbles, Shane/Pac is what i like to see next.

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
He might be...Pac fights at catch weights all the time and Mayweather hasn't fought a legit welterweight to gauge himself against...:smh:

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
i know you shouldnt do this in boxing

but come on, he lost to cotto

and it wasnt that close to me

i say he lost by 4 rounds

dude is on the second tier in that division period

FJP

Rising Star
OG Investor
i know you shouldnt do this in boxing

but come on, he lost to cotto

and it wasnt that close to me

i say he lost by 4 rounds

dude is on the second tier in that division period

Yeah I dont understand that either. I personally thought he was gonna beat him. That makes no sense. I'd say 2 maybe 3 rounds though. I guess his argument although a weak one is, he beat the man that beat Cotto.....

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
I think he is.

I felt the Cotto fight was a close one and that Cotto should have given him a rematch.

People are fond of saying Mayweather ducks certain fighters but I rarely, if ever, hear that about Manny Pacquiao and that guy has dodged at least 4 guys at either feather/superfeather and/or lightweight.

FJP

Rising Star
OG Investor
I think he is.

I felt the Cotto fight was a close one and that Cotto should have given him a rematch.

People are fond of saying Mayweather ducks certain fighters but I rarely, if ever, hear that about Manny Pacquiao and that guy has dodged at least 4 guys at either feather/superfeather and/or lightweight.

Because

#1. Manny doesnt constantly state that he's the best ever.

#2. For everybody Manny didnt fight, the resume of who he did fight is pretty stellar.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Because

#1. Manny doesnt constantly state that he's the best ever.

#2. For everybody Manny didnt fight, the resume of who he did fight is pretty stellar.

1) That's because he doesn't speak English. When May says that it's part him playing is role and part his supreme confidence.

2) Bullshit. His choice of opponents is very similar to Oscar De La Hoya: pick big names on their last legs. Oscar had Whitaker and Chavez, Pacquiao has Morales and Barrera. If you just read the names on paper, it's a very impressive list but when you look at each fighter objectively, not so rosy.

Hellfish

Rising Star
Registered
I'd rather see shane fight pacman simply because they have the same philosophy and that is to "Whoop dat ass"

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
I'd rather see shane fight pacman simply because they have the same philosophy and that is to "Whoop dat ass"

I think it would be a better fight too for the same reason. Shane wouldn't be reckless like Cotto was but Mayweather's defense and movement are so great, he won't be forced to engage as much as Mosley would.

champ007

Support BGOL
Registered
I agree with Mosley until it's otherwise proven. Pac and Floyd seem hesitant to fight Mosley. Plus there's a huge size difference compared to them. We seen this when Mosley confronted Mayweather after the Marquez win.

FJP

Rising Star
OG Investor
1) That's because he doesn't speak English. When May says that it's part him playing is role and part his supreme confidence.

2) Bullshit. His choice of opponents is very similar to Oscar De La Hoya: pick big names on their last legs. Oscar had Whitaker and Chavez, Pacquiao has Morales and Barrera. If you just read the names on paper, it's a very impressive list but when you look at each fighter objectively, not so rosy.

You say that if he cant say "Im the greatest ever" in Phillipine language :lol:

Come on man, he might not have BEATEN every big name on his list but Oscar fought everybody. Far as Manny he fought JMM, Morales and Barrera maybe I'll give you that. But still he came from flyweight and Fought oscar, he fought hatton, cotto a legitimate strong welterweight. Without a doubt he's fought more credible fighters than Floyd.

FJP

Rising Star
OG Investor
I agree with Mosley until it's otherwise proven. Pac and Floyd seem hesitant to fight Mosley. Plus there's a huge size difference compared to them. We seen this when Mosley confronted Mayweather after the Marquez win.

Its already been proven. He lost to Cotto, he took himself out of the conversation.

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mosley pulled that Clubber Lang shit after Mayweather beat Marquez, but when the roles were reversed...

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
Mosley pulled that Clubber Lang shit after Mayweather beat Marquez, but when the roles were reversed...

man i can watch that interview a million times :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"
oh i want to go on trips
my tooth is loose
i may need dentures
how bout he fight someone else first"

that niggah didnt want it period

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
You say that if he cant say "Im the greatest ever" in Phillipine language :lol:

Come on man, he might not have BEATEN every big name on his list but Oscar fought everybody. Far as Manny he fought JMM, Morales and Barrera maybe I'll give you that. But still he came from flyweight and Fought oscar, he fought hatton, cotto a legitimate strong welterweight. Without a doubt he's fought more credible fighters than Floyd.

He should get absolute credit for the Hatton and Cotto wins but you're kidding on the Oscar one, right? How long ago was he a flyweight? DLH hadn't fought at welter in at least 4 years and was 36 yrs old. It taxes the body to drop that kind of weight in a short time at that age. Plus even Freddie Roach was saying he didn't think Oscar could "pull the trigger" anymore.

Oscar did NOT fight everybody. His list is impressive too...on paper. But he lost every superfight he ever had with the exception of Pernell Whitaker, which many say he won as a gift. He, or should I say the judges, stole the fight from Felix Sturm. He made Shane Mosley come up from lightweight to fight him at welter, a move that was criticized when Mayweather did it it Marquez (some difference admittedly exist). He ducked the shit of Winky Wright. Chavez was old as fuck and he fought him twice. The Ike Quartey win was a good one and close. Close enough he didn't give Ike a rematch. He fought Hector Camacho, for fuck's sake. I'm starting to think Floyd should have padded his resume with some old niggas. Maybe he could have got Ray Leonard or Alexis Arguello in the ring.

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Its already been proven. He lost to Cotto, he took himself out of the conversation.

He was out but he beat the guy who beat Cotto. Realistically, I think that just says that Cotto was overrated but Shane is the man at welter and if he beats Berto, should be in line to fight the winner of Mayweather-Pacquiao.

FJP

Rising Star
OG Investor
He should get absolute credit for the Hatton and Cotto wins but you're kidding on the Oscar one, right? How long ago was he a flyweight? DLH hadn't fought at welter in at least 4 years and was 36 yrs old. It taxes the body to drop that kind of weight in a short time at that age. Plus even Freddie Roach was saying he didn't think Oscar could "pull the trigger" anymore.

Oscar did NOT fight everybody. His list is impressive too...on paper. But he lost every superfight he ever had with the exception of Pernell Whitaker, which many say he won as a gift. He, or should I say the judges, stole the fight from Felix Sturm. He made Shane Mosley come up from lightweight to fight him at welter, a move that was criticized when Mayweather did it it Marquez (some difference admittedly exist). He ducked the shit of Winky Wright. Chavez was old as fuck and he fought him twice. The Ike Quartey win was a good one and close. Close enough he didn't give Ike a rematch. He fought Hector Camacho, for fuck's sake. I'm starting to think Floyd should have padded his resume with some old niggas. Maybe he could have got Ray Leonard or Alexis Arguello in the ring.

Dave come on man..... didnt say he won but you saying Oscar didnt fight damn near everybody who was anybody? You cant be serious. He didnt win the fights as I said but you cant say the man aint fight. He didnt duck Winky, he had no reason to fight him, the biggest draw in the sport had nothing to gain from any standpoint by fighting Winky. Of course they robbed strum I bring that up alot. But dont act like they didnt rob him with Trinidad. Oscars record reads like a who's who of the past 10 years..man fuck Chavez look at everybody he fought man. Seriously he didnt win most of them but Oscars resume cant be disparaged at all.

FJP

Rising Star
OG Investor
He was out but he beat the guy who beat Cotto. Realistically, I think that just says that Cotto was overrated but Shane is the man at welter and if he beats Berto, should be in line to fight the winner of Mayweather-Pacquiao.

I agree he should be IN LINE, not at the top like he says.

Ming Fei Hong

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
man i can watch that interview a million times :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"
oh i want to go on trips
my tooth is loose
i may need dentures
how bout he fight someone else first"

that niggah didnt want it period
:lol: He used every excuse but a menstrual cycle. Now... NOW... He switched from THAT to THIS? :rolleyes:

[FLASH]http://www.hulu.com/edp/http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ehulu%2Ecom%2F/embed/LGfmg_EU0T-ANULejqDv7w[/FLASH]​

pmkr64

Support BGOL
Registered
after mosley put hands on margarito, pac & pbf got smart & is gonna wait till he turns 40 or something

Lower9Nupe

Rising Star
Registered
I think it would be a better fight too for the same reason. Shane wouldn't be reckless like Cotto was but Mayweather's defense and movement are so great, he won't be forced to engage as much as Mosley would.
======================================

Translation? He ain't going to fight and anyone willing to toss $60 out to see it is a fuckin' idiot.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
Seriously he didnt win most of them but Oscars resume cant be disparaged at all.

Yep. Although he lost most of his superfights, I give DLH props because he got in the ring with damn near everyone