Sha'Carri Richardson is a WORLD CHAMPION in the 100m, Shericka Jackson, Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Must be going through withdrawal. Stay strong Smokey.

And use your damn words. One thing I learned early in my teen years. Was never complain about a problem, without having a possible solution ready. She keep throwing shit out there about drug testing policies being unfair. Please be specific and articulate what it is you have a problem with exactly. Because you seem to be the only one complaining.

Or the only one brave enough to say something.

:dunno:

slowmotion

Rising Star
Registered
Or the only one brave enough to say something.

:dunno:

But what is she actually saying? Just a word salad of how unfair she feel the rules are. She should be intentional in what she say. If she gonna go after the governing body. Plus it's easy to discredit her, when she is one of the few prominent athletes to have failed a test recently. It comes off as sour grapes to a lot of people. That's why I say should she be specific with her concerns. Help educate those who may not know or understand how the rules may not be fair.

samh32

Rising Star
OG Investor
Abby Steiner is about to take that endorsement money to another level. She's what advertising execs will describe as "clean", "fresh"...Her running style is so awkward looking but it works.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
u think she's going to get bigger deals than Shacarri and Sydney if she pans out as a pro?

Abby Steiner is about to take that endorsement money to another level. She's what advertising execs will describe as "clean", "fresh"...Her running style is so awkward looking but it works.

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
u think she's going to get bigger deals than Shacarri and Sydney if she pans out as a pro?
Just my 2 cents, I think she will be bigger than Shacarri if she wins, simply because she is white.
Shacarri won't miss any meals if she wins, she has that excitement and flair. It will be fun to watch.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
There's been a few white girls that had hype in the NCAAs last few yrs but they just never panned out to that level as pros, Prandini, Cunliffe, Marybeth Sant, will be interesting to see if Abby does

tekwehuself

Immigrant Expat
International Member
... Plus it's easy to discredit her, when she is one of the few prominent athletes to have failed a test recently. It comes off as sour grapes to a lot of people. That's why I say should she be specific with her concerns. Help educate those who may not know or understand how the rules may not be fair.

Didn't see this. This is true

slowmotion

Rising Star
Registered

I was thinking the same thing. The hype train has already started. She is talented and has shown she can hold her own. Actually had a faster time in the 200m than Sha'Carri if I remember correctly.

Her being white definitely helps. But she also goes out there and wins her fair share. She will be Americas next "darling" or "it girl" if she qualifies for the Olympics. Not sure if she is eligible for the World Championships. And I bet she won't fumble the bag(opportunity) like someone else. Sha'Carri can set her self back up for that endorsement money. Just don't think she maximized her opportunity last Olympics and may not get as big of slice of the pie this go around. You have other athletes besides Abby coming down the pipeline.

Last edited:

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was thinking the same thing. The hype train has already started. She is talented and has shown she can hold her own. Actually had a faster time in the 200m than Sha'Carri if I remember correctly.

Her being white definitely helps. But she also goes out there and wins her fair share. She will be Americas next "darling" or "it girl" if she qualifies for the Olympics. Not sure if she is eligible for the World Championships. And I bet she want fumble the bag(opportunity) like someone else. Sha'Carri can set her self back up for that endorsement money. Just don't think she maximized her opportunity last Olympics and may not get as big of slice of the pie this go around. You have other athletes coming besides Abby coming down the pipeline.
what smokey can do is NOT get caught up in her own hype again....let her feet do the talkin and let the business come to her. The ONLY thing that matters is WINNING. Of course Steiner's going to be the great white hope but I hope Sha'carri doesn't talk shit about that because it'll just make her look bad. Just run your race...win your event and let your body of work speak for itself.

slowmotion

Rising Star
Registered
what smokey can do is NOT get caught up in her own hype again....let her feet do the talkin and let the business come to her. The ONLY thing that matters is WINNING. Of course Steiner's going to be the great white hope but I hope Sha'carri doesn't talk shit about that because it'll just make her look bad. Just run your race...win your event and let your body of work speak for itself.

True..especially about talking shit if she see Abby getting all the love. She need to remember she was in that same position. Just let your feet do the talking.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The funny thing they bend the rules for her.

from what I understand USADA left it up to the olympic track team coaches on whether she could go last year...theres 6 spots on the relay team...4 go to the best times (she would have been locked in if she hadnt puffed) the last 2 spots were picks at the coaches discretion....those spots went to runners who came up second best after the winners...and they were already picked before sha'carri's incident. On top of richardson's time being voided by the suspension...to put her on the team meant bumping someone else...that wouldn't be fair. Thats why she was left off.

So there was a technicality way for her go to the games but someone else would have to take a back seat.

Rudey

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
from what I understand USADA left it up to the olympic track team coaches on whether she could go last year...theres 6 spots on the relay team...4 go to the best times (she would have been locked in if she hadnt puffed) the last 2 spots were picks at the coaches discretion....those spots went to runners who came up second best after the winners...and they were already picked before sha'carri's incident. On top of richardson's time being voided by the suspension...to put her on the team meant bumping someone else...that wouldn't be fair. Thats why she was left off.

So there was a technicality way for her go to the games but someone else would have to take a back seat.

Vergani received a 3 months banned for weed.
Phelps received a 3 months banned for being photographed smoking weed. His banned wasn’t even an anti-dope banned because he didn’t broke any rules. They reduced Carri banned because all the hype was behind her name. They reduced it to the minimum, something they didn’t have to do.

samh32

Rising Star
OG Investor
I do...Especially in Asian, and Eastern European countries. Just think about the money away from tennis Sharapova made in endorsements over the Williams sisters (before the drug scandal). The Jamaican sprinters are deep into Sha carri's head, so it will be interesting to see how she perform against them this year.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
yea the ones with qualified times will be, they usually don't do too well with the long NCAA season in their legs vs the pros who have ran much less races at this point, it was smart for Abby to scratch the 100 and to focus on the 200. If she was gonna double it would be smarter to double in the 400 where the american talent pool is super shallow right now

Are collegiate athletes allowed to compete in this?

TruDat

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was watching a bootleg stream of the USATF TV coverage of the
1st round of the 2022 Toyota USATF Outdoor Championships at Hayward Field in Eugene, ORE.

Oh boy :smh: :smh:

Hey I see Aleia Hobbs, TeeTee Terry, Tamari did their thing