Samsung Note 20 - Samsung Z Fold 2

Tha Baldavenger

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Sakitech has great videos but he is heavily biased towards Samsung. As a S series user for the past 7 years, I love their phones (though my wife had the One Plus 7 McLaren for a bit....they almost got me to switch), but I know watching a Sakitech video he is going to go hard on how great Samsung phones are.

To his benefit, most people have no idea how powerful the note series is. I show people what their phone can do, and they had no idea. For most people they should use an iphone, because they would not take advantage of how advance the Note is compared to an iphone.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Sakitech has great videos but he is heavily biased towards Samsung. As a S series user for the past 7 years, I love their phones (though my wife had the One Plus 7 McLaren for a bit....they almost got me to switch), but I know watching a Sakitech video he is going to go hard on how great Samsung phones are.

To his benefit, most people have no idea how powerful the note series is. I show people what their phone can do, and they had no idea. For most people they should use an iphone, because they would not take advantage of how advance the Note is compared to an iphone.

I only use Note phones. Without an S-Pen these phones are just "meh".
This is is going to be the first time in 8 years I didn't get one on launch though.

Tha Baldavenger

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I only use Note phones. Without an S-Pen these phones are just "meh".
This is is going to be the first time in 8 years I didn't get one on launch though.
Depends on the user, most people will not take advantage of the S Pen. Many people have no idea Samsung phones have Sex capabilities, or even split screen modes.

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
We've heard great things about the Apple iPhone 12 in terms of processor performance, with the new iPhone's A14 Bionic system on chip (SoC) reportedly smoking the best Android processor available today, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865, in terms of benchmark scores.

Indeed, the iPhone 12's scores are so high that they even put the mighty Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra in the shade, outscoring the Snapdragon 865-powered hyper-flagship almost by a scale of 2-to-1.

Samsung, though, is not sitting idle while waiting for the iPhone 12 SoC assault. And, as reported by Gizchina, the South Korean phone maker has commissioned a super-weapon to take down the A14 Bionic and ensure Samsung Galaxy S30 ascendancy.

That's because, as early as June last year, Samsung authorised the use of AMD's cutting-edge new RDNA GPU technology to be used in its next wave of Exynos processors and the result, the incoming Exynos 1000, is truly something to behold in terms of graphics performance.

The reason? Thanks to the Exynos 1000 SoC being able to call upon the new RDNA GPU, in the Manhattan 3.1 benchmark it has reportedly posted scores that are, across the board, almost 50% higher than that capable of the Snapdragon 865's Mali-based Adreno 650 GPU and, in certain tests, almost three times higher.

For example, as the original report shows, in the Aztec ruins (High) test the frame rate the Exynos 1000 posted was 58fps, while the Snapdragon 865's Adreno 650 GPU only could post 20fps.

This will be a very welcome dispatch to faithful Android phone disciples, as it indicates that next year's Samsung Galaxy flagships will have serious processing power to call on, and be able to stand toe-to-toe with the much-hyped Apple iPhone 12 range of handsets in terms of graphics performance.

Indeed, with that amount of next-gen power to call on, we might even see Android phones outperforming the iPhone 12 in benchmarks and real-world games. Only time will tell, however if the new Exynos 1000 can match the A14 Bionic, then that will be a major leap forward for Android SoCs, as recently Apple has had top spot on lock.

The Exynos 1000 is currently scheduled for release at the end of the year, so unfortunately we won't see it in Samsung's incoming Galaxy Note 20 range of handsets. Where it almost certainly will debut, though, is in next year's Galaxy S30 flagship, which is now already looking like an essential upgrade for Samsung fans.

https://www.t3.com/au/amp/news/samsung-galaxy-s30-bazooka-iphone-12-soc-knife-fight

Database Error

You're right dawg
OG Investor
galaxy-note10_spen_memo-spen.png

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Note is great but IMO why spend so much for something you'll see in 2 years? If your going to buy android and I love android why not get midrange $500-600 and sell and rebuy a newer one in 2 years?

I'm just saying I have a iphone and it's pretty lame compared to the more powerful android but I can keep this thing for at least 3-4 years for half the price of the Note 20 or Ultra.

thismybgolname

Rising Star
OG Investor
We've heard great things about the Apple iPhone 12 in terms of processor performance, with the new iPhone's A14 Bionic system on chip (SoC) reportedly smoking the best Android processor available today, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865, in terms of benchmark scores.

Indeed, the iPhone 12's scores are so high that they even put the mighty Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra in the shade, outscoring the Snapdragon 865-powered hyper-flagship almost by a scale of 2-to-1.

Samsung, though, is not sitting idle while waiting for the iPhone 12 SoC assault. And, as reported by Gizchina, the South Korean phone maker has commissioned a super-weapon to take down the A14 Bionic and ensure Samsung Galaxy S30 ascendancy.

That's because, as early as June last year, Samsung authorised the use of AMD's cutting-edge new RDNA GPU technology to be used in its next wave of Exynos processors and the result, the incoming Exynos 1000, is truly something to behold in terms of graphics performance.

The reason? Thanks to the Exynos 1000 SoC being able to call upon the new RDNA GPU, in the Manhattan 3.1 benchmark it has reportedly posted scores that are, across the board, almost 50% higher than that capable of the Snapdragon 865's Mali-based Adreno 650 GPU and, in certain tests, almost three times higher.

For example, as the original report shows, in the Aztec ruins (High) test the frame rate the Exynos 1000 posted was 58fps, while the Snapdragon 865's Adreno 650 GPU only could post 20fps.

This will be a very welcome dispatch to faithful Android phone disciples, as it indicates that next year's Samsung Galaxy flagships will have serious processing power to call on, and be able to stand toe-to-toe with the much-hyped Apple iPhone 12 range of handsets in terms of graphics performance.

Indeed, with that amount of next-gen power to call on, we might even see Android phones outperforming the iPhone 12 in benchmarks and real-world games. Only time will tell, however if the new Exynos 1000 can match the A14 Bionic, then that will be a major leap forward for Android SoCs, as recently Apple has had top spot on lock.

The Exynos 1000 is currently scheduled for release at the end of the year, so unfortunately we won't see it in Samsung's incoming Galaxy Note 20 range of handsets. Where it almost certainly will debut, though, is in next year's Galaxy S30 flagship, which is now already looking like an essential upgrade for Samsung fans.

https://www.t3.com/au/amp/news/samsung-galaxy-s30-bazooka-iphone-12-soc-knife-fight

Do they anticipate that Apple won't make improvements to the chip that will be in the iPhone 13?

bham_brotha

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Note is great but IMO why spend so much for something you'll see in 2 years? If your going to buy android and I love android why not get midrange $500-600 and sell and rebuy a newer one in 2 years?

I'm just saying I have a iphone and it's pretty lame compared to the more powerful android but I can keep this thing for at least 3-4 years for half the price of the Note 20 or Ultra.

At this point id guess most have the Android Forever thing and just get the new one every year. I get a discount on my bill through my job that pays that monthly fee for the cost of the phone so I get the new phone every 12 months and dont pay a dime.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

Bruh, that T-Mobile jump plan is a dream. Bill goes up about $15-20 a month to ungrade. Can't beat that. That Note 20 + is mine day one. :yes: Only a dickhead paying fullprice for these phones.

jPaYjB.jpg

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I got visible wireless for 25 a month plus the iphone was 600

I'll look into Tmobile if I decide to go back to android I probably will soon.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered

I'm still using a note 8 and aint changing until this bitch shuts down.

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That’s kinda how i feel too. I’m not trying to spend money on phones like that.

mk23666

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I keep my Samsung phones at least for 3-4 years. The longest time was 5yrs. I have a Note10 now only because the S7 was nearly done for (I was trying to wait for the Note20). I will probably hold onto this phone for 4-5 years and buy whatever Note Fold is out by then.

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I keep my Samsung phones at least for 3-4 years. The longest time was 5yrs. I have a Note10 now only because the S7 was nearly done for (I was trying to wait for the Note20). I will probably hold onto this phone for 4-5 years and buy whatever Note Fold is out by then.

How does the battery hold out on older android phones? I know iphones the battery takes a dump pretty quickly but I've never kept a android phone 2 years.

Do you gotta keep the s7 on the charger or what? I might return to android and do the same.

mk23666

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How does the battery hold out on older android phones? I know iphones the battery takes a dump pretty quickly but I've never kept a android phone 2 years.

Do you gotta keep the s7 on the charger or what? I might return to android and do the same.
The S7 battery was the reason I had to give it up, that and the horribly cracked screen. The S7 battery couldn't even keep a full charge for 4 hours.

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The S7 battery was the reason I had to give it up, that and the horribly cracked screen. The S7 battery couldn't even keep a full charge for 4 hours.

seems very similar to iphone then thanks.... you got the smaller note 10 that I had but I felt it was too narrow and hard to type on.

mk23666

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
seems very similar to iphone then thanks.... you got the smaller note 10 that I had but I felt it was too narrow and hard to type on.
It is sorta narrow, now that you mention it. I tend to use the stylus when I text tho, I've missed that stylus since my old Note7 days.