Roots - Black-owned beauty supply opened in Madison, TN brought in $50k in the first 3 hours.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

D02nB9nXQAA3-6-

D03_A2MXQAA6s6o

D07sldUWkAArlys

Last edited:

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
selling all that fake shit to their own people.

fake weave, fake wigs, fake eyeslashes, fake nails.

damn shame

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
The reasons Asians own so many businesses in the hood is because there's no money in Chinese Food, Nails, and the beauty supply market is flooded. They don't really have a choice because they aren't hirable so they have to struggle to make it. They are not getting rich doing that shit.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
The reasons Asians own so many businesses in the hood is because there's no money in Chinese Food, Nails, and the beauty supply market is flooded. They don't really have a choice because they aren't hirable so they have to struggle to make it. They are not getting rich doing that shit.
No it’s because cacs said if you want to open a business we’ll only give you loans to set up in Black areas.

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
No it’s because cacs said if you want to open a business we’ll only give you loans to set up in Black areas.

Yeah right, no one is giving loans to businesses in the hood. They pooling resources and saving every dime to open them. They have nothing to put up for a damn loan.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
At least it's black owned and the people are supporting it which are two things we seem to lack,is support and it's funny because when racism was worse during the ride on the back of the bus era we had more unity,we supported and helped each other more and now that things has kinda changed where we can communicate,search and seek within seconds you would think that unity would be as strong or better...its whatever.

trstar

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Also they are vertical integrated in the hair business. Suppliers, distributors, and source o raw materials. Plus it’s a way to traffic workers at low or no wages.

I hope this is a trend. They should franchise ASAP.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
there's an owner and there is workers... Most workers aren't making money but the owner is... Notice in a lot of places like nail shops, salons, spas, etc in Asian own bizz you have to give the money at the front desk and not the employee...its because the bizz is run by a higher entity and the employee pretty much get scraps...the higher entity is making money not the employee... They even had big investigation on these practices in nyc...especially when they were finding out they were undocumented immigrants and some living in shared apartments with shitty conditions

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Roots Hair & Beauty store opens in Madison
Posted: 5:21 PM, Mar 01, 2019
https://www.newschannel5.com/news/roots-hair-beauty-store-opens-in-nashville

Updated: 5:36 PM, Mar 01, 2019

Customers braved bad weather to stand in line for the grand opening of Roots Hair & Beauty.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — Customers braved bad weather to stand in line for the grand opening of Roots Hair & Beauty.

They opened the doors Friday morning and NewsChannel 5 photojournalist Angie Dones got the first glimpse into why the new store is creating such a buzz in the video above.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
At least it's black owned and the people are supporting it which are two things we seem to lack,is support and it's funny because when racism was worse during the ride on the back of the bus era we had more unity,we supported and helped each other more and now that things has kinda changed where we can communicate,search and seek within seconds you would think that unity would be as strong or better...its whatever.
what social media should be used for..as far as networking ,connecting, info... People get together and more along during tragedy which was the black experience in America pretty much 5 decades ago and every yr b4 that

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
pure dopeness..

but be alert tho.. cacs have been known to open

tons of "black" businesses under the guise it was a

business fully "black" owned and operated..

not just having "black' folks run the front end..

they have been doing that for years with "black" beauty products..

I think pro line was one of them.. that was owned by a cac company...

so chea..

I truly hope this is a business that is FULLY owned and operated by us..

I wish there was a way it could be proven...

if it IS.. I hope it spreads like california wild fire...

like the brilliant sister who made a milly in a day with a make up product idea..

I love reading stories like this tho... we need to hear more and more realness like this...

donwuan

The Legend
BGOL Investor
Also they are vertical integrated in the hair business. Suppliers, distributors, and source o raw materials. Plus it’s a way to traffic workers at low or no wages.

I hope this is a trend. They should franchise ASAP.

True, they speak the language and have a plug on some supplies from back home. But the products black people want don't all come from China. Sister's buy that premium weave and black hair care products. Both of my son's best friends are Asian. There are quite a few on my block. All own businesses or work for the family businesses. The family members don't get paid to work there. If you don't work, you don't eat. My neighbor is struggling because the kids went to college and have careers now. Him and his wife can't handle the restaurant by themselves. He's sending for his wife sister from back home because he can't afford to pay someone for that many hours every week. All the kids got financial aid because for the amount of people in the family they don't make much money. Shit ain't what it seems. They wish they could get a good job and work normal hours.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
True, they speak the language and have a plug on some supplies from back home. But the products black people want don't all come from China. Sister's buy that premium weave and black hair care products. Both of my son's best friends are Asian. There are quite a few on my block. All own businesses or work for the family businesses. The family members don't get paid to work there. If you don't work, you don't eat. My neighbor is struggling because the kids went to college and have careers now. Him and his wife can't handle the restaurant by themselves. He's sending for his wife sister from back home because he can't afford to pay someone for that many hours every week. All the kids got financial aid because for the amount of people in the family they don't make much money. Shit ain't what it seems. They wish they could get a good job and work normal hours.
Lol that's 1 of the secret of mom and pop stores or family own business... Work to eat logic or under the table pay.. When people wanna know why certain small business don't hire it's because of that on the low policy they do

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
I suggest you actually talk to them. They'll laugh in your face talking about loans and shit. They don't even have cars with loans.
I don’t care what they tell you. This was explained in the Good Hair Documentary.

Maxxam

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Yeah right, no one is giving loans to businesses in the hood. They pooling resources and saving every dime to open them. They have nothing to put up for a damn loan.

Asians look out for their own

Read
Pooled Cash of Loan Clubs Key to Asian Immigrant Entrepreneurs

excerpt
So Chi did what countless other Asian newcomers in need of seed money have done: he turned to fellow immigrants and an underground banking system that has greased the wheels of Asian enterprise for centuries.

Called hui in Chinese, kye in Korean and tanomoshi in Japanese, private loan clubs have crossed the Pacific with only minor accommodations to a different time and culture.

Key to Business Prowess

Sociologists consider the clubs--in which members contribute to a kitty that is then given on a rotating basis to every member--among the most important factors behind the entrepreneurial prowess of Asian immigrants.

Many of the Mom and Pop bakeries, restaurants, grocery stores and boutiques that dot Chinatown, Koreatown and the Vietnamese business strips of the San Gabriel Valley, Orange County and elsewhere could not have opened or survived tough times without the pooled cash of a loan club, sociologists say.

The clubs, while not illegal, operate outside U.S. banking laws and safeguards. They offer high, sometimes usurious, rates of interest to those willing to put up the money and ready cash--ranging from a few hundred dollars to $20,000 and more--to those unable to obtain loans through conventional means.

There are no signatures, no documents, not even handshakes to seal the deal.

Last edited:

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

:lol: stop it

Asians target black communities because 1) Black areas tend to be economically depressed, thus cheaper to own and operate store front business. 2) Blacks don't open their own businesses in their own neighborhood.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
:lol: stop it

Asians target black communities because 1) Black areas tend to be economically depressed, thus cheaper to own and operate store front business. 2) Blacks don't open their own businesses in their own neighborhood.
Asians open up business world wide in all communities... Why ? Cause they observe the consumers see what they like than try to replicate the product or service at a cheaper price or try to fill in voids that are available...mom taught me this s hit when I was a kid... She was like watch them Asians they literally will walk through diff communities and juss stand around and watch... They take pics and everything... I've literally seen Asians go into stores take pics of shelves, prices, watch somebody whole operation and than open up shop with basically the same blueprint with cheaper prices... That is the Asian gift... They are observant

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Stop it? I wish niggas would stop thinking they know everything. It’s a god damn fact Asians were not allowed to open up shit in white areas . Banks offered them alternatives on property loans in Black and Latino areas for Convinience stores and hair stores. These are fucking facts, it started in the late 60s

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit, if they're going to buy it, I rather the money go into black pockets.
I just hate that black women are still brainwashed into liking to wear fake hair, fake weave, fake nails and fake wigs. How about opening a natural hair supply shop selling natural products. I guess they figure it won't generate black women like the beauty supply shops that sell the fake hair.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I just hate that black women are still brainwashed into liking to wear fake hair, fake weave, fake nails and fake wigs. How about opening a natural hair supply shop selling natural products. I guess they figure it won't generate black women like the beauty supply shops that sell the fake hair.
Yeah I know they should be like cacs with their natural blonde dyes, natural hair spray, natural hair gel, natural lipstick/eyeliner, makeup, natural nail polish, natural French tips, natural contacts, natural breast implants, natural tans, natural liposuction,natural bulimia, natural lip injections....so many natural things ca c women use

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Yeah I know they should be like cacs with their natural blonde dyes, natural hair spray, natural hair gel, natural lipstick/eyeliner, makeup, natural nail polish, natural French tips, natural contacts, natural breast implants...so many natural things ca c women use
Why even respond to that fat half breed mutant whole hog

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah I know they should be like cacs with their natural blonde dyes, natural hair spray, natural hair gel, natural lipstick/eyeliner, makeup, natural nail polish, natural French tips, natural contacts, natural breast implants...so many natural things ca c women use
I never see white women going into beauty supply stores buying fake hair like black women do. I'm sure black women are the leading buyers of fake hair.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Why even respond to that fat half breed mutant whole hog
I like trolling him... Makes him know others are on to his antics...fucks up his agenda... If you ever notice it's a few trolls on here I troll just to make them uneasy... They tend to bounce out of threads of even erase threads when I troll them

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I never see white women going into beauty supply stores buying fake hair like black women do. I'm sure black women are the leading buyers of fake hair.
cause white women get it done at salons...that's why they cost 400 or more to get their hair done... I know cause I have female friends that do white women's hair