RIP Laylaw

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I thought Dre was the only producer at ruthless. You learn something new everyday.
I believe Dre is talented but Niggas been saying for years Dre got a lot of credit for music he didn't do. Yella and some others from N.W.A, Dj Quick is the most recent to say it, Daz from the dogg pound won a 20-25 million dollar law suit years ago for compensation for production he did at death row that Dre got a lot of Executive Producers credits for sooo......

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
I thought Dre was the only producer at ruthless. You learn something new everyday.

Big Hutch aka cold 187 had a lot to do with above the law. Hutch was great at pickings samples, but he couldn't work the equipment. I know cause I did some programming for him back in the day.

Dre would bring in lots of guys to make beats, then he would add shit to it and take production credits. I actually worked briefly for Dre at Ruthless and Death Row.

Layla was the sound behind Above the Law. I still bump livin like a hustler. If you want to know Dr Dre style, study above the law producing. I think the industry should have been better to him for the work he did.
He was more of an executive producer than a producer. Shit is crazy how many guys from that late 80's, early 90's era have passed away. RIP

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
I heard the name for years LayLaw but never ever knew who he was or what he did;2pac shouted him out.

RIP to that brother.
Songs #2 & 6

1d58478148b8936b1476a5400092cf54.867x867x1.jpg

playboy_d

BGOL OG
BGOL Investor
R.I.P. Laylaw. I enjoyed the few episodes of the podcast he and his brother Go Mack did together. His history in the game was deep.