RIP Earl DMX Simmons

madgoose

International
International Member
Opening scene of the 2nd season of Godfather of Harlem's got some X too.

Also ... one of the early episodes of the current The Challenge: All Stars season had some of his music as well.

:cheers:

I watched the interview with Forest Whittaker on the Breakfast Show and if I remember it right they appraoched Swizz to help with the soundtrack for the second season. There are 3 "layers" tot he soundtrack. The music of the time, modern music and "mood" music if I recll it.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I watched the interview with Forest Whittaker on the Breakfast Show and if I remember it right they appraoched Swizz to help with the soundtrack for the second season. There are 3 "layers" tot he soundtrack. The music of the time, modern music and "mood" music if I recll it.

Thanks for the info.

I've always liked the theme song too. One of the better tv series themes in recent years.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
shit still emotional weeks later ....

this was well done ...cats was dumb reckless in traffic wit those wheelies ...lol

was tht cops at the 10 min mark throwin up X`s ...:money:

Agreed. Such a great send-off and tribute for X with everyone rolling out.

Yes - looks like they had the flashing X on top of the cop car too.

kefta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Request:

Set your DVR's this Sunday at 8P/7C for DMX's last interview.

Can someone please record this and share the link.

Thanks!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Anderson Silva being interviewed this past week on Helwani's show. DMX being his walkout / entrance music for years ... his thoughts on X's passing ...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
DMX’s Posthumous Album Exodus Is Out Now
By Justin Curto

b44dd9592553698441246d63eb5e431dc9-dmx--.rsquare.w330.jpg

Months before his April death, New York rap legend DMX was talking about a new, feature-packed album. That album, Exodus, was nearly complete upon the rapper’s death, and after finishing touches from producer and friend Swizz Beatz, it’s out now. The album is DMX’s eighth, and his first on Def Jam since 2003’s Grand Champ. Nearly every track on Exodus has a feature, from fellow New York icons like Jay-Z, Nas, and the LOX to other rap giants like Lil Wayne and Snoop Dogg to up-and-comers like the Griselda Crew and Moneybagg Yo to singers like Bono, Alicia Keys, and Usher (and a Marvin Gaye sample on top of it all). “He never really rocked with features like that, and he was just like, ‘I wanna change that up,’” Swizz remembered in a May 24 listening session with press. “And he was like, ‘I don’t have to do so many verses.’ So he was being slick too,” the rapper-producer joked. While DMX originally teased a feature with late New York drill pioneer Pop Smoke, Swizz said Pop’s verse ended up being used elswhere; Swizz said he tapped Moneybagg Yo for a new verse, and that was the only part of the album DMX did not hear before his death.

DMX died on April 9 in White Plains, New York, after a week on life support due to an overdose and heart attack. The Yonkers native, born Earl Simmons, left his mark on the New York rap scene as leader of the Ruff Ryders crew and a solo artist who delivered both swaggering and bleak bars all in his signature raspy voice. Exodus follows DMX’s previous album Undisputed, which came out nearly nine years ago in 2012. Swizz Beatz said the rapper was motivated to work on this album after not having new music to play during his 2020 Verzuz battle with Snoop Dogg, and when younger rappers started reaching out wishing to collaborate following the performance. “X wanted this album to come out, he was excited about it,” Swizz told media. “That’s why we was like, ‘Let the world have it, if that’s what he wanted.’”

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend