Rickey Smiley Saying What Someone Needs To Say

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
...The generation before that and the one before that and that....all had problems with the new generation and it's one of the oldest battles Old vs Young.

The older generation needs to take a lot more of the blame because you have them who are living foul and they have passed down their bullshit to the younger generation and it's at where it's at and it's to late to correct your wrongs now;A lot of em have terrible fucking habits and ways about them that makes someone my age not respect them at all so think about your younger years and the shit you might of done before you climb on that high horse now that you're older,lived learned and on a different path.

For some of em they were failed too and it will rear it's ugly ways generations later....

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
The first sign of you are getting too old? complaining about what young people do today as if the same shit wasn't being done when when you were younger. This dude don't remember the crack era? People getting shot because someone scuffed their shoes by mistake.

Jeri Curls....enough said

Not knocking his message. But us older folk need to stop pretending like we didn't do dumb shit when we were younger too.
Bro, this is say off. The older generation is supposed to share the mistakes that they made as well as other knowledge gained with the next generation. This is partially why Asian, Indian, and whites are so far ahead, because the things they have been able to pass along. We are so traumatized by pur past that we do not pass along anything. Most of our families can not complete a family tree back 4 or 5 generations post slavery.

Nothing wrong with saying, " when I was your age, I f'd up doing x, don't do x, do y. This is what we need more of.
Coon talk...

You can't have it both ways bro, if you don't want the crime you gotta change the whole culture... no N word, no rap music, no independent thought and dating and all that stuff, no disrespecting your fellow brother or sister over appearance or income...

Until you ready to do all that these videos are just coon talk... same nigga will turn around and pick on black people, broke niggas, use black culture for money for whites, no cap

None of these hollier than thou negroes is gonna sacrifice to really fix the community so it's just coon talk until then
You are either an agent or brainwashed. Telling kids that they are f n up is coon talk??? Our communities are falling apart right before our eyes. The government is not going to fix it for us. Why is this so hard to understand? Politicians will keep selling you this dream but this will never happen. We have to do it. But, doing so means you are a coon or a conservative??

It is not an all-or-nothing situation. We need to brick by brick build up our communities and right the wrongs of our community. This may mean starting with the low-hanging fruit. So what?? We have to start somewhere. But, we can not wait for Thanos to snap his finger to make everything happen all at once.

BGOL Bizarro World strikes again.
There's a lot of truth in his rant but let's not lose focus. Some great comments in this thread as well. Especially @xxxbishopxxx. I've been hearing these rants since the 70s. Nothing has changed. I like how he made a point to call out some of his own peers. These fucked up youngin's don't just fall out of the sky. Gen X has fucked up and they need to checked just as bad as their kids. Smiley needs to tread lightly though. The last thing we need is a Pound Cake 2.0 speech. Respectability Politics should be strictly an internal discussion. Crackas love to see us wag our fingers at one another. It absolves them from their obvious blame. Kudos to Ricky Smiley for saying what needs to be said but there's a whole lot of others that deserve blame as well. Not just young thug niggas and young hoz in the streets.
We wouldn't need a "Pound Cake #2" if we would have listened to Pound Cake #1. Every single thing that Cosby spoke about in that speech has come to past. EVERYTHING. And black folk were so stupid to be tricked into thinking that he was the enemy because he said that cursing in front of elders was bad. That mothers are doing a shitty job with kids especially boys. That our emphasis on education in the black community is lacking. That we need to pull up our pants and dress for success. That we need to at least master the language of business in order to change our situation.

Nothing wrong with any of that. Dumb negros were just upset that he said it in a public forum.....which was exactly where it needed to be said.
Yea he speaking the truth.

What he's really saying is that these black women are raising these lil kids to be emotional punks. I won't put it all on the women but you can tell thats what he's getting at.
The fact is this. 80% of our kids are being raised by just our black women. They have proven that they are incapable of doing the job without us. No diss. Just facts.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
Here's the deal: I was mainly raised in the Dec. For those that don't know, Decatur was a middle-class section back in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. Most of us had two parent households with great jobs, and most of us were gang members. The local news stations even did a story on kids from Decatur, trying to figure out why Decatur was so violent. We were just idiots. So, you just can't put this on single parent households.

Here's what saved most of us: 3 got college scholarships, 2 got record deals, about 12 of us joined the military, and 2 became business owners. We got lucky. Every generation does dumb shit. Personally, I think more black men need to become mentors.

I also think the respect factor is gone. You know why I've never been to prison? I wasn't afraid of what my dad would do to me, I was afraid of what he would think of me. And to me, that mattered more than anything in the world. It still does.

Last edited:

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
The first sign of you are getting too old? complaining about what young people do today as if the same shit wasn't being done when when you were younger. This dude don't remember the crack era? People getting shot because someone scuffed their shoes by mistake.

Not knocking his message. But us older folk need to stop pretending like we didn't do dumb shit when we were younger too.
hell naw dude..smh

when Rickey says you "can't tell these people nothing"

he talking about you..

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Bottom line is I do not associate with any black male under the age of 30. It's simple as that. Black men do not like each other. Black men do not have respect for each other. You can be driving your car and these crazy niggas will mean mug your ass for no reason. As a 47 year old black man I have lived My Life by this Creed. That's even including my fraternity Brothers. If you want to stay away from the majority of gun violence if you are black, simply stay away from association with any black man under the age of 30. I know that's hurtful to say however, it is the truth rather we want to admit it or not.

I appreciate your honesty. Whenever I come across brothers under 30, it's usually in a customer service context (restaurant, retail). In that limited interaction, I'll try to bestow what I can. A lot of it can come across rough. I had to let this one brother (who got real tight as I was talking to him) know that the reason why I'm talking and giving it straight no chaser is because I TRULY want him to succeed and because he's a black man nobody else (societal wise) does.

As far as hanging out and shit, well, there's isn't much if anything that a 20-something does that interests me so I likely wouldn't find myself in those sketchy situations. I hear you on that.

Sloboogie

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I'm a 80's kid. Only cats that was shootin up shit was "real" gangstas and the mentally ill.

We didn't kill each other so easily in the 80's and 90's. There was motive. DUMB motive, but still a reason outside of the emotional baggage carried by our younger people today.

Who to blame?

The music industry.

Now, for every Kendrick...you get 10 Kekashi(sp) 69s. Promoted by white money to continue to keep our young ones dumb and emotional. Comments, such as your own say that older cats are "hatin". They are not. They are just recognizing the decline of our own at a rapid rate. We're SUPPOSED to step up and have a dialog, or we will cease to exist,

bionicbrown

In all 9 areas...
Registered
Bottom line is I do not associate with any black male under the age of 30. It's simple as that. Black men do not like each other. Black men do not have respect for each other. You can be driving your car and these crazy niggas will mean mug your ass for no reason. As a 47 year old black man I have lived My Life by this Creed. That's even including my fraternity Brothers. If you want to stay away from the majority of gun violence if you are black, simply stay away from association with any black man under the age of 30. I know that's hurtful to say however, it is the truth rather we want to admit it or not.

Yep. We are filled with poison so it's best we avoid each other unless we're coming together to do something constructive.

Sloboogie

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
To me, there is nothing better that reaching out to a young ignorant MF before he fuck up his life or someone else. We use to have a program in LA who proactively picked these cats out at random. Self esteem goes a LONG way, be that education a legit hustle, and the ability to maintain.

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Caught a little bit of the vid. I agree with what I heard. Staying out the company of other black people? Okay, your choice.

But we have to get to the root of the matter beyond just saying that. We have to acknowledge that MOST yes MOST black folks have been conditioned in this racist country to think of their own as less than opposite everyone else. We have to start there.

And for any change to happen.....for the desire to change to be there, we have to confront it and actively do things on the individual level to reverse the thinking and those actions that accompany it.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
See this shyt all the time

Just go to your local mall....
Cot damn!! I was going to include this in my post. I usually go to the mall once every two weeks for lunch. Sitting in the food court for 30 minutes will get you depressed as hell. Dudes walking around in skinny jeans, ass out, wearing wife beaters. Chicks wearing bonnets and J's. And if the chicks are over 25, they are pregnant or have a child or a few in tow, with no ring on their fingers.

I used to hit the mall pre-covid to pull early 20 somethings. I went Tuesday for the first time in almost a year and was just in shock.

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
He not wrong in what he saying. He’s frustrated with the senseless violence that he seeing and has experienced. We all are, because much of this violence isn’t necessary.

You got jealousy killing people, the coveted killing people, the angry killing people, the have nots killing people, the powerful killing people, the powerless killing people, the prideful killing people, the hurt killing people, the motherless, the fatherless etc, etc

You got all those nuances of humanity wrapped up our culture that glorifies being from the hood and the streets, as a gatekeeper of authentic Blackness. And our biggest form of media and entertainment imitates it and promotes all those personalities. And I love gangsta shit too :smh: Lord help me.

Shit I get it, being from the streets teaches you a level of resilience and survival tactics despite your disadvantages and handicaps that can make you sharp well rounded individual in and out the streets; school of hard knocks.

Too many people chasing that glory ruining their lives and others around them in a stubborn refusal to learn better and do better in the name of keeping it hood. There’s more than one way to keep it hood.

We’ve lost too many generations to this dysfunction and psychopathic mindset and this is coming from someone who spent his time in the streets. And I’m not completely indicting the culture, like I said earlier it taught resilience. But I ain’t acting like I’m out here trying to slide niggas, cuz that ain’t me. I’m out here trying to get it and love better.

It’s just too many are so far gone to the point where nobody wants to help them, you just want them to go away whether jail or hell. Then they mad at the ones who did attach to something to do better and wanna kill them or anybody. We gotta call this shit out it ain’t just old head talk either some shit is wrong. Im not excluding myself at all because I know I’ve contributed to the madness but we’ve gotta do things better.

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
You got jealousy killing people, the coveted killing people, the angry killing people, the have nots killing people, the powerful killing people, the powerless killing people, the prideful killing people, the hurt killing people, the motherless, the fatherless etc, etc
And our biggest form of media and entertainment imitates it and promotes all those personalities.

Some real stuff you're spitting here

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Here's the deal: I was mainly raised in the Dec. For those that don't know, Decatur was a middle-class section back in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. Most of us had two parent households with great jobs, and most of us were gang members. The local news stations even did a story on kids from Decatur, trying to figure out why Decatur was so violent. We were just idiots. So, you just can't put this on single parent households.

Here's what saved most of us: 3 got college scholarships, 2 got record deals, about 12 of us joined the military, and 2 became business owners. We got lucky. Every generation does dumb shit. Personally, I think more black men need to become mentors.

I also think the respect factor is gone. You know why I've never been to prison? I wasn't afraid of what my dad would do to me, I was afraid of what he would think of me. And to me, that mattered more than anything in the world. It still does.

I agree I/we did dumb shit but there was a big difference...

We were taught there is a right way to do wrong

Don't shit where you eat

So no matter what we were into we didn't do it on our blocks and we kept other mofokrs from doing it on our block

You are 100% correct. These mofokrs weren't taught respect and they don't have any...

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
See this shyt all the time

Just go to your local mall....
Cot damn!! I was going to include this in my post. I usually go to the mall once every two weeks for lunch. Sitting in the food court for 30 minutes will get you depressed as hell. Dudes walking around in skinny jeans, ass out, wearing wife beaters. Chicks wearing bonnets and J's. And if the chicks are over 25, they are pregnant or have a child or a few in tow, with no ring on their fingers.

I used to hit the mall pre-covid to pull early 20 somethings. I went Tuesday for the first time in almost a year and was just in shock.

It's so depressing. Let me add that about 90% of the black folks are wearing slides and lulling about as if in some low vibrational trance. Standing in line to go into (pick a "luxury" designer) store, only to buy the cheapest thing with the largest logo on it.

Wife and I went to Vegas not too long ago, she turned to me and said, "count to me how many black folks you see NOT wearing slides". In 30 minutes I couldn't get to 10.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
hell naw dude..smh

when Rickey says you "can't tell these people nothing"

he talking about you..
no he's not talking to me.

Dudes need to stop getting in their feelings and realize that get off my grass shit never works with knuckleheads no matter what the era is.

Motherfuckers always want to pretend the "old" days were so much different.

What the fuck do you think they were saying when crack and gang violence was blowing up back in the day.

Real old heads remember that crime bill everybody loves to bring up was partially successful because a certain number of the black population was begging for that shit. Lock up the gangstas and the killers. Help the other others that could be saved.

Last edited:

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You are either an agent or brainwashed. Telling kids that they are f n up is coon talk??? Our communities are falling apart right before our eyes. The government is not going to fix it for us. Why is this so hard to understand? Politicians will keep selling you this dream but this will never happen. We have to do it. But, doing so means you are a coon or a conservative??

It is not an all-or-nothing situation. We need to brick by brick build up our communities and right the wrongs of our community. This may mean starting with the low-hanging fruit. So what?? We have to start somewhere. But, we can not wait for Thanos to snap his finger to make everything happen all at once.

Our communities are falling apart because of the lack of structure, lack of a family structure to be exact and having music specializing in killing a nigga won't help that. You can't have both, you're not gonna have low black crime and high black education and families unless you change the culture, the poverty leads to a lack of respect which leads to someone getting the strap, it's not hard. Men are poor in many places in this world and a lot don't have the crime we have.

Plenty of poor families without a pot to piss in have structure and less crime than we have in the states the culture needs to change in order to fix the issues, no agent talk here. If you really bout that life then change and promote change, hip hop and individualistic mentality won't help. If we really for helping the black community we need to withdraw from the white system.

And ricky smiley made his money opening up black america to white folks for profit so he's the last one to talk, sorry but it's the truth this message would mean more from a square ass wayne brady than Ricky, Ricky profited off the dysfunction like most black comedians do to make a buck.

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
I agree I/we did dumb shit but there was a big difference...

We were taught there is a right way to do wrong

Don't shit where you eat

So no matter what we were into we didn't do it on our blocks and we kept other mofokrs from doing it on our block

You are 100% correct. These mofokrs weren't taught respect and they don't have any...
You're right. When I got a raise and promotion, I called my pops. When I got my gold record, I called my pops. When me and my wife hit 7 figures, I called my pops, just to hear him say "I am so proud of you, son!" That shit STILL means the world to me! That old silly dude is my best friend!!! He has jokes sometimes, but he's still my favorite asshole.

Last edited:

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
It's so depressing. Let me add that about 90% of the black folks are wearing slides and lulling about as if in some low vibrational trance. Standing in line to go into (pick a "luxury" designer) store, only to buy the cheapest thing with the largest logo on it.

Wife and I went to Vegas not too long ago, she turned to me and said, "count to me how many black folks you see NOT wearing slides". In 30 minutes I couldn't get to 10.
:lol:

I was just there earlier this month and seen the same thing.

As much as niggas be shooting and fighting how can you leave the house unprepared to run or fight for your life in some slides bruh.

Dumb ass flip flopping all over the place.

Slides are strictly lounge around the house or pool for me. But to each his own lol

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bro, this is say off. The older generation is supposed to share the mistakes that they made as well as other knowledge gained with the next generation. This is partially why Asian, Indian, and whites are so far ahead, because the things they have been able to pass along. We are so traumatized by pur past that we do not pass along anything. Most of our families can not complete a family tree back 4 or 5 generations post slavery.

Nothing wrong with saying, " when I was your age, I f'd up doing x, don't do x, do y. This is what we need more of.

We wouldn't need a "Pound Cake #2" if we would have listened to Pound Cake #1. Every single thing that Cosby spoke about in that speech has come to past. EVERYTHING. And black folk were so stupid to be tricked into thinking that he was the enemy because he said that cursing in front of elders was bad. That mothers are doing a shitty job with kids especially boys. That our emphasis on education in the black community is lacking. That we need to pull up our pants and dress for success. That we need to at least master the language of business in order to change our situation.

Nothing wrong with any of that. Dumb negros were just upset that he said it in a public forum.....which was exactly where it needed to be said.

The fact is this. 80% of our kids are being raised by just our black women. They have proven that they are incapable of doing the job without us. No diss. Just facts.
get off your soapbox for a minute and actually comprehend what I saying. You literally are saying what i was implying. Every era has their knuckleheads and fuckups. I only ask people of a certain stop acting like we were angels back in their youth days. Many of us grew up in neighborhoods you would be a damm fool if you didn't lock your doors at night.

No where did I say or try to imply that the we shouldn't/couldn't be doing things better. Part of getting better is admitting our faults as well.

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Black life is synonymous with trauma bruh.

We identify by it and sell it, now there’s a market for it because so many identify by it or want to identify by it to mark/stamp/certify their Blackness.

Gonna laminate this and give it to every black person who won't watch a tv/movie if it's "not real" enough for them.

It really gives you insight into a person's sense of self when they won't watch themselves represented without any deviancy attached to it.

Give me a 2 hour movie about a black girl with a coffee shop who falls in love with a retired black executive and the hijinks that ensue or some shit. I don't need to see us being hung, shot, beaten, abused or high. That's not entertainment.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You're right. When I got a raise and promotion, I called my pops. When I got my gold record, I called my pops. When me and my wife hit 7 figures, I called my pops, just to hear him say "I am so proud of you, son!" That shit STILL means the world to me! That old silly dude is my best friend!!! He has jokes sometimes, but he's still my favorite asshole.

Cherish it cause I sure miss mine

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I did click the back button. But not before i told you about your shit posting style. Take the constructive criticism and do better. Cake ass nigga.

You know I'm right, bird ass nigga. I don't take criticism, I give it...believe that

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
:lol:

I was just there earlier this month and seen the same thing.

As much as niggas be shooting and fighting how can you leave the house unprepared to run or fight for your life in some slides bruh.

Dumb ass flip flopping all over the place.

Slides are strictly lounge around the house or pool for me. But to each his own lol

Man, I guess I'm getting fed up, old or both because I literally have to stop myself from approaching our people and saying "explain this shit to me".

I mean, I remember in the 90's learning that sagging pants originated from you being somebody's prison bitch. I mean, did niggas stop learning that lesson or something? Sagging pants, wife beater, slides........your favorite rapper (who still looks like a jackass btw) is getting paid by the corporate machine to dress that way in order to influence you into a diminished version of yourself, why the fuck would you give them the satisfaction?

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This post made me laugh out loud......You said he acts like he doesn't remember the crack epidemic like if you do you remember the time he is talking about....

The shit he is talking about started during the 80's and has gotten worse every year...

When he came up this bullshit wasn't going on......When he came up even the thuggest thugs on the block showed respect to their elders on their blocks .

This shit wasn't going on when he was talking about.
Dude, me and Ricky are almost the same age, so yeah I kind of know what "era" he is referring too.

Like in 89 when i was about to start Howard and they were talking about DC then, like they talk about Chicago now.

As for the rest, you mean to tell me every black neighborhood was safe 20+ years ago?

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was talkin to my homie bout this the other day... he used to be a big public enemy fan,

fight the power type of dude,

now he got his little house, two summer homes..a boat...

he talkin mad GOP ish...

how if he sees a group of young men that look like him

he gets nervous..

I just tell him bruh.if you feel all like that. just stay out the hood mayne..

its that simple...

and if you have to go to the hood, dont be showing off in your amg,

rent a cheaper car and drive there..

you want to walk around hungry dudes with gucci slip ons,

and a fifty thousand dollar watch...

and wonder why you feelin some type of way....

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude, me and Ricky are almost the same age, so yeah I kind of know what "era" he is referring too.

Like in 89 when i was about to start Howard and they were talking about DC then, like they talk about Chicago now.

As for the rest, you mean to tell me every black neighborhood was safe 20+ years ago?

I didn't say any neighborhood was safe, I said black folks moved differently in their neighborhoods.

Every city had bad neighborhoods but today the neighborhoods that were good are fucked. And that is because the mofokrs living there no longer respect their parent's grandparents or elders.

When he was talking there was a village that raised kids.....meaning everybody on your block could chastise you . Today correct a child and their ignorant momma gonna run down the block screaming bout don't be telling my kid anything

The shit going on today isn't the same as what was going on in DC in the 80s.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I didn't say any neighborhood was safe, I said black folks moved differently in their neighborhoods.

Every city had bad neighborhoods but today the neighborhoods that were good are fucked. And that is because the mofokrs living there no longer respect their parent's grandparents or elders.

When he was talking there was a village that raised kids.....meaning everybody on your block could chastise you . Today correct a child and their ignorant momma gonna run down the block screaming bout don't be telling my kid anything

The shit going on today isn't the same as what was going on in DC in the 80s.
Okay for my reference , I'm including the 90's as well. Because those kids you talk about now are the children/grandchildren of the people I am referring too.

From my point of view, it seems like the era you are referring to (he's referring to), seemed to be coming to an end by the 90's /00 (seems that way).

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I was talkin to my homie bout this the other day... he used to be a big public enemy fan,

fight the power type of dude,

now he got his little house, two summer homes..a boat...

he talkin mad GOP ish...

how if he sees a group of young men that look like him

he gets nervous..

I just tell him bruh.if you feel all like that. just stay out the hood mayne..

its that simple...

and if you have to go to the hood, dont be showing off in your amg,

rent a cheaper car and drive there..

you want to walk around hungry dudes with gucci slip ons,

and a fifty thousand dollar watch...

and wonder why you feelin some type of way....

You're not wrong

but bro...

can you....

learn how......

to type in.....

complete sentences....

reading...

your shit.....

is exhausting

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Also, we are our own gatekeepers now.

It's an agenda bro, it's not hard to figure out.. Rickey has no leg to stand on as I said earlier, you selling black america to crackers for money then you complain about the crime in black america. We the only group to coon and buckdance for approval, we can't even get married at a decent percentage.. so what is he whining about? He wants the culture but not the crime and it doesn't work like that. You not gonna have a culture calling each other the N word, black women being single and happy and not valuing men who aren't at a certain level and not expect to have these issues.. it's going to happen.

Men disire respect, men desire masculinity, men desire women... something has to give to get what needs to be done. I can't expect a man with nothing not to think about blowing my head off and taking mine if he can get away with it.

Like the jews who work together, the asians who have programs that other asians invest in and to assist the lower class asians we don't have any of that, we hate each other cuz we all compete with each other, go back to look at some old BGOL thread where members talk about their whips and cribs... look at the comments the second one dude says something greasy to another? First thing is broke this, bum that...

You not building anything with that mentality I don't care who you are, we gotta change the culture completely to see results and if you aren't doing that then you need to stop complaining...

Ricky Smiley and his kind is the reason we have Brandon Tatum and Candice Owens today, they know the black community hates each other but the bread is great cooning to white people. It's a great hustle and white liberals do it too...

They report the crime to create jobs for white liberals and coons, TBA covered this several times over in his old videos the head of the companies is always a white woman or some coon brother, always...

The hood is just too naive to see the real hustle here, same way the BLM chick bought a 1.4 million dollar crib while black men get shot and killed by cops, nothing with ever be fixed, just a hustle.