Rick Ross HDD sales prediction: 200k-220k

Hotlantan

Beep beep. Who's got the keys to the Jeep? VROOM!
BGOL Investor
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="361"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" valign="top">
</td></tr> <tr><td valign="top"> ROSS IS BOSS, JOSS IS NEXT </td> <td valign="top">
blank.gif
</td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="2" valign="top">
n_rrule.gif
</td> </tr> <tr><td valign="top"> Def Jam/IDJ Rapper Will Easily Top Chart

August 1, 2012

Rick Ross
returns this week’s HITS Album chart to a semblance of sanity.The large and in-charge rapper continues Def Jam/IDJ’s recent dominance of the marketplace with God Forgives, I Don’t, which will debut next week with between 200-220k in sales, easily going #1. His last album, Teflon Don, sold 176k upon release in July 2010. Previous label winners include Nas, who debuted at #1 last week, and newcomer Frank Ocean, with a #2 bow last month for his acclaimed debut, channel ORANGE.

S-Curve
soul diva Joss Stone’s The Soul Sessions Vol. 2 reunites her with Steve Greenberg, and it’s on tap for between 21-25k, based on one-day sales reports from those music retailers not summering at their homes in the Hamptons or Laguna.

RCA
’s Sparkle soundtrack, featuring the last recorded music by the late Whitney Houston and Jordin Sparks, is looking at 13-16k, in front of the movie’s Aug. 17 opening.

Album sales were down 9% vs. last week, down 15% vs. same week last year and down 3% year to date.

Track sales were down 3% vs. last week, up 2% vs. same week last year and up 6% year to date.

TEA sales were down 7% vs. last week, down 10% vs. same week last year and down 1% year to date.

That's enough to put a chill in the air.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
his #1 fan dtownsfinest was da only buyer

You must be hurting right now. :lol: You was praying for that downfall. God Forgives you. RAWSE don't.

.........BAWSE.

And hell naw I didn't buy that shit. I Downloaded the muthafucka and bump it in the ride like I bought it though. :lol:

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
He always hits those numbers in the beginning. Then he ends up struggling to go gold (500k). So lets wait and see what the final numbers will be in a year.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He always hits those numbers in the beginning. Then he ends up struggling to go gold (500k). So lets wait and see what the final numbers will be in a year.

How he struggle to go gold when his last album sold 700k? :lol: Gold be the easy part. Its the platinum part he can't get to but shit going gold everytime is a accomplishment in itself. Aside from EM, Kanye, Wayne and Jay ain't nobody else even going platinum.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
smh @ 220k in the first week being impressive...

You wilding. 220k always been impressive. In the 90's labels use to be happy you sold 100k your first week. Ya'll cats got spoiled by those gay ass boy bands who sold 1 million their firs week.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
How he struggle to go gold when his last album sold 700k? :lol: Gold be the easy part. Its the platinum part he can't get to but shit going gold everytime is a accomplishment in itself. Aside from EM, Kanye, Wayne and Jay ain't nobody else even going platinum.

Yeah but how long did it take him to reach that number. Like I said he always hit those numbers (in the beginning) but he never sustain those number. That's why he doesn't reach platinum.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah but how long did it take him to reach that number. Like I said he always hit those numbers (in the beginning) but he never sustain those number. That's why he doesn't reach platinum.

He doesn't go platinum because he's not a pop artist and doesn't have any hits on the pop charts. His singles chart on Urban radio and we know how far that gets you. Rawse can't get that pop audience man. I thought Touch N You would get it. You the Boss did somewhat and hat shit ain't even on the album.

bigman23

Rising Star
Registered
He doesn't go platinum because he's not a pop artist and doesn't have any hits on the pop charts. His singles chart on Urban radio and we know how far that gets you. Rawse can't get that pop audience man. I thought Touch N You would get it. You the Boss did somewhat and hat shit ain't even on the album.

if he doing that i wonder i much meek millz going to do i gave meek 150k the first week

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
if he doing that i wonder i much meek millz going to do i gave meek 150k the first week

Wale did 160k his 1st week. Shit man I don't know what Meek gonna do. He's the one cat i'm confused about. He got the streets but it seems his buzz is a lil' week.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered

That doesn't mean shit. It's not like he's some new artist that very few people know about. This guy is played at the clubs heavily. He's has a limited base of hardcore fans (who will go out and purchase his shit). He has a bigger fan base of casual fans that will download his shit for free and bump that shit all day.

trelltha1

Support BGOL
Registered
Let me see if I can guess whats he gonna talk about on this album:puzzled: Oh I know His girl,money,material shit and food. This negro has no range :boring:

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Nobody goes platinum anymore bro. 220k in week one is a win. Does he even have an official single released for this album?

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Let me see if I can guess whats he gonna talk about on this album:puzzled: Oh I know His girl,money,material shit and food. This negro has no range :boring:

Who you talking about? Jay-Z? Lil Wayne? Or any other rapper in the game?

That doesn't mean shit. It's not like he's some new artist that very few people know about. This guy is played at the clubs heavily. He's has a limited base of hardcore fans (who will go out and purchase his shit). He has a bigger fan base of casual fans that will download his shit for free and bump that shit all day.

He's not a new artist but he's a Gold artist. You want the nigga to go platinum with no hit singles? What sense that make?

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Nobody goes platinum anymore bro. 220k in week one is a win. Does he even have an official single released for this album?

I didn't state that it was a win or a loss. I simply stated this is his usual and nothing special. As far a no one goes platinum. Maybe you need to research that one.

trelltha1

Support BGOL
Registered

He's not a new artist but he's a Gold artist. You want the nigga to go platinum with no hit singles? What sense that make?

I was just talking about Ross but the list is long when it comes to rappers these days

BKF

Rising Star
Registered

Dude I don't really care if he goes wood or uranium. Since I aint loosing any money or getting a piece of the action. Him not having a hit single means nothing. Being that him having a hit single did nothing different for the previous albums.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was just talking about Ross but the list is long when it comes to rappers these days

Aight I can respect that then. I can respect your opinion. I thought you were trying to say Rawse the only cat that had a limited list of things he's talking about.

I didn't state that it was a win or a loss. I simply stated this is his usual and nothing special. As far a no one goes platinum. Maybe you need to research that one.

1. Adele, 21 (3.67)
2. Lionel Richie, Tuskegee (0.91)
3. One Direction, Up All Night (0.90)
4. Whitney Houston, The Greatest Hits (0.82)
5. Various artists, Now 41 (0.71)
6. Carrie Underwood, Blown Away (0.60)
7. Luke Bryan, Tailgates & Tanlines (0.58)
8. Nicki Minaj, Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded (0.56)
9. Drake, Take Care (0.55)
10. Adele, 19 (0.54)

:lol: Shit only one person has went platinum this year. :lol: Out of all of the thousands of albums to come out this year only 1 person went platinum. You do the math.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
1. Adele, 21 (3.67)
10. Adele, 19 (0.54)

:lol: Shit only one person has went platinum this year. :lol: Out of all of the thousands of albums to come out this year only 1 person went platinum. You do the math.
And its only 4months left in the year....And how many of them are rappers? Then again, maybe you didnt do enough "research". :lol:

trelltha1

Support BGOL
Registered
Aight I can respect that then. I can respect your opinion. I thought you were trying to say Rawse the only cat that had a limited list of things he's talking about.

1. Adele, 21 (3.67)
10. Adele, 19 (0.54)

Oh hell naw I could never say that. I'm so done with these rappers now days I'm about to start listening to country:lol:

DAHITMAN

Rising Star

it took rick ross close to two years to make gold.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered

1. Adele, 21 (3.67)
10. Adele, 19 (0.54)

And its only 4months left in the year....And how many of them are rappers? Then again, maybe you didnt do enough "research". :lol:

Okay I see..now you want to state no (rap artist)goes platinum within a year as oppose to (no one goes platinum anymore).:lol::lol:

One thing is for sure. We know that there are artist (rap artist or otherwise)that have reach platinum status. While rawse has not. Bawse...

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Okay I see..now you want to state no (rap artist)goes platinum within a year as oppose to (no one goes platinum anymore).:lol::lol:
Yea, i expected you to keep it in the context of the discussion. Silly me. :hmm:

The point is clear tough, you used going platinum as some sort of measuring stick for success. The reality is no one (generally speaking of course) is doing that these days. 220k is a win in this climate.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Yea, i expected you to keep it in the context of the discussion. Silly me. :hmm:

The point is clear tough, you used going platinum as some sort of measuring stick for success. The reality is no one (generally speaking of course) is doing that these days. 220k is a win in this climate.

Show me where I did that. Since...I wasn't even the one to bring it into the discussion. I stated these numbers are rawses regular.