Richard Stephen Shaw Aka Bushwick Bill Of The Ghetto Boys Has Passed, RIP

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
RIP to the homie. We had good times on tour and back in the 90s.

Bill was a funny guy who had a lot of emotional trauma.

It's ever so clear, my mind playing tricks on me...

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
TMZ says he's still alive, this is awkward....

0609-bushwick-bill-getty-4.jpg
updates-graphic-red-bar-multiple-3.jpg

10:05 AM PT -- Bill's son says his father is "fighting for his life" and needs prayers and support. He also hinted at some friction between Bill and unnamed industry people. He said on IG, "Certain people have been so quick to write him off as dead so they can capitalize off it."

He stressed, "There is no Geto Boys without Bushwick Bill."

8:55 AM PT -- Bill's publicist tells TMZ he is "still alive and fighting cancer" in a hospital. She says she spoke to hospital staff to confirm, and says some of Bill's family members are by his hospital bedside right now. Others are on their way.

As for why so many of Bill's friends, including Scarface, are posting that he's passed -- the publicist says someone got incorrect information which is spreading like wildfire.

The rumors were likely stirred by Bill's absence from a Saturday night Dallas gig. He was scheduled to make a special performance, but was unable to make it because he was hospitalized.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor

10:05 AM PT -- Bill's son says his father is "fighting for his life" and needs prayers and support. He also hinted at some friction between Bill and unnamed industry people. He said on IG, "Certain people have been so quick to write him off as dead so they can capitalize off it."

8:55 AM PT -- Bill's publicist tells TMZ he is "still alive and fighting cancer" in a hospital. She says she spoke to hospital staff to confirm, and says some of Bill's family members are by his hospital bedside right now. Others are on their way.

As for why so many of Bill's friends, including Scarface, are posting that he's passed -- the publicist says someone got incorrect information which is spreading like wildfire.

The rumors were likely stirred by Bill's absence from a Saturday night Dallas gig. He was scheduled to make a special performance, but was unable to make it because he was hospitalized.

Yeah, I just saw that. Dude is really hanging in there.

Last edited:

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor

In other words, they don’t wanna DNR him like John Singleton’s family did.

I went through that with my mother.

Sometimes you just gotta pull the plug for the victim’s sake and end their suffering.

Majestic Lion

fidélité à la mort
Registered
Respect due, warrior. Life never let up on you, and still you never quit. Peace and blessings.

Diomedes3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man he was a real one. Definitely a legend and one of the realest personalities in the game. If he still alive keep fighting. If not RIP. One of my favorite artist coming up. I always had a ton of respect for dude.

NER0

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn. Sure has to suck to be still alive and niggas everywhere posting you’re dead

UNSEEN

Rising Star
Registered
RIP..just the other day I was listening to my minds playing tricks on me..straight classic and a cold ass verse from Bushwick Bill...

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
One of my craziest memories was of coming home from training and The Geto Boys were in the club. Chilling, This was before they blew so they were touring 'theh chitlin' circuit. Bushwick was drunk as fuck and Willie D and Face was chilling. They had mad bitches and was cool, chopping it up with everybody. For a min I thought Bushwick was in a costume or something but he wasn't. Dude was loud and funny as fuck. RIP Man, you did your thing bro.