MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Love and R E S P E C T
37167400_10156238458721858_5528767613225664512_n.jpg

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
RIP Aretha. You ain’t suffering no more. What saddens me even more is that there isn’t anyone to carry on the legacy of the legends we are losing.

Maybe not at the mike but her fans the real fans will forever remember and play Aretha's music. She's gone but she's left behind 5+ decades of music. She's not likley to be totally forgotten for years to come.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Aretha Franklin Ethered Dionne Warwick With a Single Fax
By Hunter Harris

25-arthea.w190.h190.jpg

Queen of Shade. Photo: Theo Wargo/Getty Images for Tribeca Film Festival

Aretha Franklin — Queen of Soul, nemesis of one Patti LaBelle — is not to be trifled with. Just when it seemed like Olivia de Havilland served the greatest piece of power correspondence of 2017, the “Respect” singer sent a fax — a! fax! — to the Associated Press to clarify that Dionne Warwick is libelous and that, despite years of reports to the contrary, she wasn’t Whitney Houston’s godmother because she didn’t have the time.

It’s well documented that there are levels to Aretha Franklin’s ability to be petty. The story of the fax begins at Whitney Houston’s funeral, when Dionne Warwick made the mistake of shading the Queen. “Ree’s not here, but she is here,” Warwick said during the service, using a nickname for Aretha. “She loves Whitney as if she were born to her. She is her godmother.” There’s the libel, according to Aretha. She was not Whitney Houston’s godmother: “Franklin said she first met Houston when Houston was a child — and she was far too busy to be anyone’s godmother,” the AP reported. Did you catch that? Aretha Franklin, goddess divine, was far too busy to be anyone’s godmother, not even Whitney Houston’s. And she sent a fax to the Associated Press to clarify this.

Aretha wasn’t at Whitney Houston’s funeral, however (she said she was contractually obligated to perform at Radio City Music Hall that evening). She also said she didn’t feel it was appropriate to correct Warwick’s behavior at the time because of the attention surrounding Houston’s death. So for five years Aretha Franklin, player of the long game, has been biding her time. On Monday that all changed: After she had a sour interaction with Warwick at a Tribeca Film Festival event, she sent a fax to the Associated Press to set the record straight. On Tuesday, she called the AP’s offices herself to make sure they got the story straight: She was never Whitney Houston’s godmother. Dionne Warwick’s statement at the funeral was libel.

So what happened at the Tribeca Film Festival that confirmed it was time for Aretha to snatch up this narrative? According to Aretha, Warwick approached her backstage at the festival’s Clive Davis gala. “[Warwick] said, ‘Give me a hug,’” Franklin told the AP. “I said, ‘Oh hell no. You couldn’t be serious.’” That was the final straw. “I don’t care about her apology, at this point it isn’t about an apology, it’s about libel,” Aretha Franklin told the AP. Warwick’s reps said she wouldn’t respond to Franklin’s claims. For the record, to paraphrase George Jackson: Hey, Aretha, fax one to me.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Bill Cosby mocked over Aretha Franklin Twitter tribute

Disgraced comedian Bill Cosby was slammed and mocked by social media users after tweeting a tribute to the late soul singer Aretha Franklin, who died Thursday at the age of 76.

Cosby, 81, tweeted his thanks to Franklin, who sang the song for television sitcom “A Different World,” a spin-off of “The Cosby Show” that focused on Denise Huxtable played by Lisa Bonet.

“Aretha Franklin – I want to thank her for her wonderful voice singing the theme song of ‘A Different World.’ She made a big, strong, positive impact on that series,” Cosby tweeted.

He then said he would play Franklin's music as he bid farewell to the "Queen of Soul."

“I am playing a cut from her CD – the title of the song is ‘Wholy Holy’ – and she’s live in a church. Bon Voyage … Bill Cosby in person,” Cosby continued.

Social media users fired back at Cosby's tribute, asking if he should be in jail. In April, a jury found Cosby guilty of sexual assault. He was convicted of drugging and molesting Temple University employee Andrea Constand at his Philadelphia home 14 years ago.

“Aren’t you supposed to be in jail,” one person tweeted.

“How u tweeting from jail?” another social media user asked.

Video
Bill Cosby convicted in first major trial of #MeToo era
“Wifi must be good in cell block c!” another person tweeted.

Cosby is slated to be sentenced on Sept. 24.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
This is how you know Aretha was not to be fucked with

That was beautiful. I shared it with my mom.

Thanks I saved it to my phone. I shared it with my mom and she sent me this song saying she heard it since she was a young girl and never knew it was Aretha. I told her I heard it in a song by Mos Def and never knew it was Aretha.

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
Aretha invented ‘the bag’.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Bill Cosby mocked over Aretha Franklin Twitter tribute

Disgraced comedian Bill Cosby was slammed and mocked by social media users after tweeting a tribute to the late soul singer Aretha Franklin, who died Thursday at the age of 76.

Cosby, 81, tweeted his thanks to Franklin, who sang the song for television sitcom “A Different World,” a spin-off of “The Cosby Show” that focused on Denise Huxtable played by Lisa Bonet.

“Aretha Franklin – I want to thank her for her wonderful voice singing the theme song of ‘A Different World.’ She made a big, strong, positive impact on that series,” Cosby tweeted.

He then said he would play Franklin's music as he bid farewell to the "Queen of Soul."

“I am playing a cut from her CD – the title of the song is ‘Wholy Holy’ – and she’s live in a church. Bon Voyage … Bill Cosby in person,” Cosby continued.

Social media users fired back at Cosby's tribute, asking if he should be in jail. In April, a jury found Cosby guilty of sexual assault. He was convicted of drugging and molesting Temple University employee Andrea Constand at his Philadelphia home 14 years ago.

“Aren’t you supposed to be in jail,” one person tweeted.

“How u tweeting from jail?” another social media user asked.

Video
Bill Cosby convicted in first major trial of #MeToo era
“Wifi must be good in cell block c!” another person tweeted.

Cosby is slated to be sentenced on Sept. 24.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Lol........no chill on this dude. Safe to say CACs won’t send him off like they did Aretha.