Regarding Kobe Bryant

Eli_Porter

BANNED
Registered
just like everyone else, I found it surreal that kobe died. Plenty of people die, including celebrities. Even some of the most famous people of all time like Michael Jackson have died recently.

My question is this - Has there ever been this much attention and worldwide shock and outcry at the death of someone famous (excluding political and civil rights individuals)?

Also, who else do you think would generate a similar response from the world if they died? Shaq? Jordan? Michael Phelps? A-Rod? The president? Anyone?

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Also, who else do you think would generate a similar response from the world if they died? Shaq? Jordan? Michael Phelps? A-Rod? The president? Anyone?

This would be a very big deal.

If you're talking bout the buffoon.... it would be a celebration... millions would call out sick to work to celebrate.... babies would be made on that great day

BAG

Cleveland D-T-W [216]
BGOL Investor
Lebron James, Tom Brady, Dr. Dre, Beyonce, The President dying would close schools take over every channel for the next 3 weeks

letsshoot

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It gain so much because of the SHOCK OF IT HAPPENING AND LITTLE GIGI AND THE OTHERS IN SUCK A TRAGIC ENDING!!! STILL SEEMS SURREAL AS I WATCH THER GOING AWAY CELEBRATION OF LIFE!!

Eli_Porter

BANNED
Registered
Good question. Probably someone like Lebron. Have to be someone you expect to survive to old age. In that regard, Kobe's death was more surprising than close friends I had die. Also relatives who were in bad health.
Thats what I’m saying... it’s weird because everyone knows someone who died, including famous niggas like Ali, Michael Jackson, etc. this however seems like a mistake was made. I’m not saying his life is more valuable than anyone else’s, I’m just saying that this doesn’t seem to be resonating with anyone.

KINGSAPIO

Torah All Day!
BGOL Investor
If it was sudden death, I'd say Patti Labelle. Everybody and their mama coming out to support her

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Kobe died in a helicopter crash... That line right there is a wtf moment.. When you first get a text like that you go what kind of dumbass rumor is this.. Cause you hear "helicopter"... Than when you hear it's true you like wait what.. Plus he was still in the limelight even though retired.. So still in limelight, kinda young, helicopter.. That was the throw off.. He was 1 of those guys you don't put death next to his name until at least 30 yrs from now

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Kobe dying the way he did, along with his daughter, made it all the more tragic.

The only other similar death I can think of would be Roberto Clemente, who died in a plane crash off the coast of Puerto Rico flying supplies to earthquake ravaged Nicaragua.

Clemente, like Kobe was universally loved.

Had Clemente died in the information age, it may have had the same national effect as Kobe's death had.

John Lennon might be the only other celebrity death that would have stopped time due to how he died, if it happened today.

Worldwide however, I think nothing short of a beloved presidential assassination would cause the world to stop.

Last edited: