Recommend a Good & Affordable AC

keysersoze

Star
Registered
I need a decent & affordable air-conditioner for a 1 bedroom apartment. The Room is not big - 25X12. Only going to be using this AC here for like a month but since its getting mad hot, need one and cant do without it.

I live near a Wal-Mart & am thinking about getting this one:

0068805734614_500X500.jpg

Haier - Window Air Conditioner with Remote, 5,200 BTU

The price looks good at $109 and seems decent. Should I buy it by tonight?

I know there are some electricians on this board - what do you recommend? What should I be looking for?

DragonXJC

I joke and I know things
BGOL Investor
My family's business is Refrigeration and A/C Sales/Repair for the past 25 years.....

That said, we do not like Haier. Its cheap and disposable. The parts are almost impossible to find.

Top brands from experience are Carrier and G&E.

5,200BTU for a 25X10? is a bit small, it'll be overworking. Go for at least 7,000BTU, and maybe 6,000-6,500 for a shaded room, low cielings,that's closed off.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I need a decent & affordable air-conditioner for a 1 bedroom apartment. The Room is not big - 25X12. Only going to be using this AC here for like a month but since its getting mad hot, need one and cant do without it.

I live near a Wal-Mart & am thinking about getting this one:

0068805734614_500X500.jpg

Haier - Window Air Conditioner with Remote, 5,200 BTU

The price looks good at $109 and seems decent. Should I buy it by tonight?

I know there are some electricians on this board - what do you recommend? What should I be looking for?

I have that same type of model,i did all my research just to find out that ill only really enjoy it when i sleep,3months out of the year and when im not catching cold chills from it being on.So fuck it,purchase it and be happy

acpboy41

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
like latin dragon said. dont be cheap. get a trane if u can find a ac made by them. or get the carrier or goodman. or lg / samsung at the least.

twiggy

Rising Star
Registered
nah don't get that shit...
spend the extra $25-50 and get the GE...
and keep that shit on low