Recall petition filed against Bobby Jindal

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
BATON ROUGE, La. -- Louisiana's Secretary of State's Office says a recall petition has been filed against Governor Bobby Jindal.

Jindal has been the focus of sharp criticism for his refusal to veto a bill doubling legislators' base pay. Four lawmakers, including House Speaker Jim Tucker, are also targets of recall efforts.

The Secretary of State's news release Friday did not include the name of the chaiman of the recall effort. Forcing a recall election against Jindal will be a tough task. It would require verifiable signatures from well over 900,000 registered Louisiana voters.

http://www.wwltv.com/local/stories/wwl062708tprecall.453897ec.html

So are you gonna sign it?

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Hell, LOL, yall just elected him. He's 'people of color' too, isn't he. LOL

QueEx

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Hell, LOL, yall just elected him. He's 'people of color' too, isn't he. LOL

QueEx

Not really, as John Slade said the people of Louisiana are slowly starting to take their collective heads out of the crawfish hole, Jindal is blatantly breaking a campaign promise.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Frankly, I was amazed that the people in La. went for Jindal.
Maybe it was too much Nagin in the Katrina aftermath; or
maybe it was too much Blanco in the Katrina aftermath.
Both were largely failures.

Gunner

Support BGOL
Registered
It's been filed by 2 idiots. They need almost a million signatures in 180 days. Aint gonna happen.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Frankly, I was amazed that the people in La. went for Jindal.
Maybe it was too much Nagin in the Katrina aftermath; or
maybe it was too much Blanco in the Katrina aftermath.
Both were largely failures.

The blame falls heavily on Blanco, Nagin isn't in the clear either because anybody who is elected mayor of New Orleans should be prepared for the possible risks no matter if it has been 40 or 4 years after a major hurricane, they should be prepared.

Jindal could've beaten Blanco the first time but North Louisiana (the country boys) wasn't gonna let that happen (and you know why) after the failure of Katrina the governor's seat was basically Jindal's for the taking, he didn't even need a run off.

People in and around New Orleans are pissed, they are pissed with Ann Duplessis especially concerning New Orleans East and asking for a pay raise is considered a slap in the face to the people of one the most devastated and equally important areas of New Orleans.

Jindal has the power to veto the shit, but he wont because he doesn't want the reps to turn on him.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I agree that Blanco gave it up as she was practically ineffective and blundering after Katrina. I was astonished, really, at her seemingly incompetence.

I read where Ann lead the charge for the legislative pay raise. Of course, they were only making around $16,500 or so plus the $148.00 a day when in session stipend. Are they in it for the money or do they just want worth compensation?

QueEx

mrmetoo84

Support BGOL
Registered
this dude singed a chemical castration bill into law... if I was in Louisiana, that would have been it for me...

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
I agree that Blanco gave it up as she was practically ineffective and blundering after Katrina. I was astonished, really, at her seemingly incompetence.

I read where Ann lead the charge for the legislative pay raise. Of course, they were only making around $16,500 or so plus the $148.00 a day when in session stipend. Are they in it for the money or do they just want worth compensation?

QueEx

They want worth compensation, but many of them are lawyers or they have other jobs which pay much more than the common man or woman in the city. Ann Duplessis is the Vice President of Liberty Bank a job I'm sure pays much more than the average working man makes. Originally they wanted $50K a year they settled for $36 or $37K.

People in New Orleans East are especially pissed at Ann, she represents on of the most important areas of the City-New Orleans East.
The East is still not back, no hospitals, no stores, hardly any bus service, yet she wants a raise on a part time job (and she has a job at Liberty) when salaries for everyone else have gone down and everything else has gone up.

She got on WBOK the other day and people were so pissed they started snapping at Paul Beaulieu for not really digging in to her ass.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Duece said:
l_2fbe9cb075bde61122ae6d06b737fc15.jpg
I forgot what I was about to say . . . but it'll come back to me, in a minute . . .

QueEx

twiggy

Rising Star
Registered
yeah a couple other people are getting recall petitions too i think ann should be one of them

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
[SIZE=+2]Jindal vetoes legislative pay raise

[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]01:23 PM CDT on Monday, June 30, 2008

[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]By Doug Simpson / The Associated Press[/SIZE] BATON ROUGE -- Gov. Bobby Jindal said Monday that legislators have "a right to be angry" with him for breaking his promise and vetoing a bill that would have doubled their salaries.

M_IMAGE.11432118fbd.93.88.fa.d0.d7f2ee07.jpg
Alex Brandon / Associated Press
Bobby Jindal.

The veto announcement came after the pay raise infuriated voters, leading some to file recall petitions against the governor and two of his top allies in the Legislature. Jindal said he should not have promised lawmakers that he'd withhold his veto pen.

"Today I am correcting my mistake," Jindal said.

The announcement came two weeks after lawmakers approved the pay raise bill.

Jindal said at the time that he disapproved, but that he would allow the raise of more than 100 percent to become law -- a position that triggered the first wave of criticism in his six months as governor. He became a daily target for stinging attacks from editorialists, talk radio callers and bloggers, many of whom questioned whether the governor was being pushed around by the Legislature.

Critics had also noted that Jindal made campaign promises last year to "prohibit" lawmakers from approving such a pay raise for themselves.

On Monday, Jindal said breaking his promise to lawmakers could make them angry, but added he hopes they will continue to back his proposals.

"They've got a right to be angry with me," he said. "I made a mistake in telling them I'd stay out of it."

Jindal made the surprise announcement at a news conference that had been scheduled to discuss state budget matters.

Two recall petitions had been filed against the governor. Others targeted House Speaker Jim Tucker, R-Terrytown; one of the governor's top committee chairmen, Rep. Hunter Greene, R-Baton Rouge; and a handful of other House Republicans.

Forcing a recall election against Jindal would have required petition signatures from one-third of Louisiana's registered voters -- more than 900,000 people -- within 180 days of the petition's filing.

Those who organized the recall for Tucker called off the petition Monday, while a July 7 rally to get Jindal to veto the bill has been called off, as well.

The bill by Sen. Ann Duplessis, D-New Orleans, would have raised lawmakers' annual base pay from $16,800 to $37,500. It would have made Louisiana legislators the highest-paid in the South and the 14th highest-paid in the country, according to data from the National Conference of State Legislatures. The bill gained final approval in the House and Senate by slim margins.

kenbgco68

Rising Star
Registered
I heard that Nagin endorsed Jindal when he ran against Blanco, and she was pissed at Nagin when she ran. Anybody know if Jindal and Nagin are still tight?