Real Talk: Would you a $10M / yr position if you had to publicly spread coon-ish views (Stephen S. Smith Approved)

HNIC

Commander
Staff member
Like you would have KILLED Myles Garret and COMPLETELY ignored the white boy started that whole thing..

like that.

for $10 MILLION annual
I like to listen to a few opinions then make a decision. Charles Woodson broke it down, The QB was the instigator of the whole thing. He was right, but since he is a QB he won't get the same punishment as Myles Garret.

Since a few days have passed it looks like folks are taking a different look at the Thursday Night incident.

HNIC

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
OK to be fair...

Bomani and Shannon Sharp get paid VERY well

and Mike and Jemelle before they were cut.

so does Dominque Foxsworth on lower levels

You think if they were willing and able to ummm

coon it up

they would be not only be PAID more but more recognizable?

No it goes to my point.

They amplify what you are
So don't think he's doing this cause of money lol
It's who he is

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Talking points and telling him to negatively talk about Black people are two different things.

Do you believe they tell him to have a negative angle on issues related to Black people?

Its the same thing they're talking about black ppl in sports.

He's talking negatively about black athletes that the mandate says

He couldn't wait to lie
Hes carrying the leagues water

It's like seriously obvious

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
This is a tough one...

Would be basically have a PRICE to speak AGAINST black issues (on occasion)?

would you accept a $10 million a year contracted position at a media outlet to be a public face but a condition would be to publicly support views that went against BLACK people or were detrimental or just coon-ish?

I think this is different then my original thread about whether you would work with big tobacco, alcohol phama or firearms to promote smoking, drinking prescription drugs and gun use SPECIFICALLY to the young poor BLACK community.

So basically could you be the Stephen A Smith of a rival network?
Work for it? mofos pay to do it here

:lol:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Honestly,yeah I would and after I've had enough I would fall all the way the fuck back and support my people in many different ways to combat the fuck shit I signed up for.Paying for a few thousand to get higher education,help struggling black business owners and business's,start a network of circling the black dollar online and in our communities and other things and It won't ever be public if I have anything to do about it.

this the NUMBER ONE response I get offline.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Money doesn’t come like that to those who aren’t coons so you won’t get to turn an offer like that down. He was already what he is and that brought the money his way. He got rewarded not paid.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Money doesn’t come like that to those who aren’t coons so you won’t get to turn an offer like that down. He was already what he is and that brought the money his way. He got rewarded not paid.

Bills said the same...

I was a fan of homeboy from day one and I honestly sy I THOUGHT he was gonna be the damn next Ralph Wiley...

I was sadly and grossly mistaken.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
yes I would coon for 10 M for a year or 2, if it was just talking coon shitz on tv ,nobody would remember after a while and the money would be all in stocks and bonds ,bout a third would provide scholarships at HBUC's and um set for life,bout 50 students would B dept free. 20 million total -3M taxes=17 M ,5 M to the students leave me 12 M stocks/bonds , ,$600000 off interest per year forever

Damn....

I like that.

But fam?

The internet NEVER forgets

You would be surprised how some old clip could come back to haunt you.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
It’s easy to say no until you are put in that position.

No it isn't.

The easiest thing is to say nothing. That's the stance that most take.

I notice with Jason Porkchop when he speaks all the people agreeing are white men.

In his position he had a chance to make his mark, and instead when his fat ass dies most of his own community will be glad...and all those white people he spent his career trying to appease won't give a fuck either, because all he did was vocalize their racist and prejudice views.

Last edited:

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Damn but I feel like INITIALLY he was NOT LIKE THAT!!!

It was after they did not renew his contract the FIRST time that I noticed this shift.

See here's my thing. If you watch this interview below with the Breakfast Club below, the REAL Stephen A is still there. He gets across his points without yelling or shouting or anything else...i think there's a difference between Stephen A. and ESPN Stephen A....and it sounds like he's paying it forward. He's doing what he has to do to give back to his people. It's sad that he has to go about it this way, but judging the way he talks and judging the way he talks on ESPN, i dont think he 100% believes this...as Eric Reid said earlier today, its "good for ratings"...this week (probably tomorrow) Stephen A will go on the radio and "challenge" Eric to call his radio show or sitdown to do an interview with him....Stephen is basically the black version of a cross between Bill O'Reilly(has to be the loudest voice in the room) and Ann Coulter(just says outlandish stuff to get a reaction)...this interview shows that the the REAL Stephen A is still with us though..

hocjo2626

Horace C. Jones II
Registered

OP you should put this pic in your initial post as pictorial evidence to your question.

EJmeYIKVUAEmeF1.jpg

hocjo2626

Horace C. Jones II
Registered
See here's my thing. If you watch this interview below with the Breakfast Club below, the REAL Stephen A is still there. He gets across his points without yelling or shouting or anything else...i think there's a difference between Stephen A. and ESPN Stephen A....and it sounds like he's paying it forward. He's doing what he has to do to give back to his people. It's sad that he has to go about it this way, but judging the way he talks and judging the way he talks on ESPN, i dont think he 100% believes this...as Eric Reid said earlier today, its "good for ratings"...this week (probably tomorrow) Stephen A will go on the radio and "challenge" Eric to call his radio show or sitdown to do an interview with him....Stephen is basically the black version of a cross between Bill O'Reilly(has to be the loudest voice in the room) and Ann Coulter(just says outlandish stuff to get a reaction)...this interview shows that the the REAL Stephen A is still with us though..

You do know Stephen A Coon was a staple on The Sean Hannity Show right? That coon showed me who he was a long time ago and I believed him the first time. Fuck him!

BlackGoku

Rising Star
Platinum Member
No it isn't.

I notice with Jason Porkchop when he speaks all the people agreeing are white men.

In his position he had a change to make his mark, and instead when his fat ass dies most of his own community will be glad...and all those white people he spent his career trying to appease won't give a fuck either, because all he did was vocalize their racist and prejudice views.

I expect this stuff to come out of Jason Whitlock's mouth..he tries to keep credibility with black folk though by praising the Wire all the time..:hmm::rolleyes2:

Marcellus Wiley though...im kinda surprised because every time i saw him on Sportsnation he seemed pretty chill and laid back...i dont watch speak for yourself, but i think he's kinda the mini me version of Whitlock now..

hardawayz16

Rising Star
Registered
Would be basically have a PRICE to speak AGAINST black issues (on occasion)?

would you accept a $10 million a year contracted position at a media outlet to be a public face but a condition would be to publicly support views that went against BLACK people or were detrimental or just coon-ish?

I think this is different then my original thread about whether you would work with big tobacco, alcohol phama or firearms to promote smoking, drinking prescription drugs and gun use SPECIFICALLY to the young poor BLACK community.

So basically could you be the Stephen A Smith of a rival network?

Stephan A is the coon benchmark? He agrees with black perspective all the time. And much of the shit he says that bucks the "woke" agenda I heard old heads saying.

Yall tripping if yall think Stephen A wouldn't still get love in the hood if he popped up. Maybe not from everyone, but fuck the haters. I'd take that.

julian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
$10 mil a year I would have to be honest and say I would take on the Rev Ike role.publically he toed the line and played the game but behind the scenes he was a rider like hell and gave major money to black groups such as the Nation. I would tell the truth and speak truth but I would toe the line for that kinda bag at least for a couple years.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I KNEW you were gonna say that...

BUT you are ALSO so rebellious you would do it take they money resources and connections and make a damn pro black underground of black talent.
Nah I'm so rebellious id get cool with all their connects and some of their talent and try to convince them to leave and start our own independent podcast/ youtube show where we'd generate way more hits and money instead of being controlled for crumbs... How dame was trying to convince envy and them to do the breakfast club under their own outlet, that would be me but with a more sensible convo.. That's my rebellious side..fuck them nigs let's create our on country

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Nah I'm so rebellious id get cool with all their connects and some of their talent and try to convince them to leave and start our own independent podcast/ youtube show where we'd generate way more hits and money instead of being controlled for crumbs... How dame was trying to convince envy and them to do the breakfast club under their own outlet, that would be me but with a more sensible convo.. That's my rebellious side..fuck them nigs let's create our on country

you could do that AND make 10 MILLION!

but of course publicly you would look like a coon.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I expect this stuff to come out of Jason Whitlock's mouth..he tries to keep credibility with black folk though by praising the Wire all the time..:hmm::rolleyes2:

Marcellus Wiley though...im kinda surprised because every time i saw him on Sportsnation he seemed pretty chill and laid back...i dont watch speak for yourself, but i think he's kinda the mini me version of Whitlock now..

that brother broke my heart

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
OP you should put this pic in your initial post as pictorial evidence to your question.

EJmeYIKVUAEmeF1.jpg

I don't want to lable SAS as the coon mascot.

But he has had so many "problematic" takes and views sometimes I FEEL he is either conflicted or doesn't BELIEVE what he saying or I could be just wrong.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

BOOM

this is why I am so conflicted.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
No it isn't.

In his position he had a change to make his mark, and instead when his fat ass dies most of his own community will be glad...and all those white people he spent his career trying to appease won't give a fuck either, because all he did was vocalize their racist and prejudice views.

damn...

you aint wrong.

Thegooch

Pope Gooch is currently brunching with the Devil.
Registered
So people actually believe there’s a white or Black person from ESPN’s management telling Stephen A to shit on Black people for ratings and money? :confused:

Yep, they are called producers. They filter the message the network wants conveyed. These dudes are paid to promote who the network wants to promote. Plain and simple. Having an opinion gets you run of the air like Jemele Hill.

But as you see, she even made the "black men are the new white people to get in the good graces of the Atlantic. When white folks put millions of dollars in people's face 90% of people are going to fold.

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Stephen A is okay in my book. No less than three times on his show in the past few days, he has explicitly stated how situations are viewed through the lens of race and how white privilege pervades sports.

Not too many people are willing to go there.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A better question/thread would be to call out the people that talk like they want to uplift the so-called black community but are undercover agents. The ones paid to be “pro-black” but are really “anti-black” behind closed doors, using the community for profit.

:popcorn:

no if someone is offering that much for me to talk ill of anyone or any group, i have enough pull and influence to make it own my own anyway.