RB Conversation: Roger Craig vs Ricky Waters 49ers and NFL fans come settle this shit!!!!

Thegooch

BANNED
Registered
@CurtDawg
@darth frosty
@tallblacknyc


We gon settle this shit. I had a heated debate with an arrogant ass biased 49ers fan who will remain nameless. No one on the board. So don't take it personal.

To make it short. 49er fan was trying to gloat about Craig making the HOF under the veterans committee. This debate is years old. I didn't have him as a HOF back because he's not a 10K rusher. He's a innovator as a receiving but I don't rank him above his contemporaries because of it.

The veterans committee recently put him in and I said it lowered the bar for guys who aren't pure rushers at the position. I mentioned how RBs like Warrick Dunn and Matt Forte were on lesser teams but had better numbers. Frank Gore is arguably a better back. But Ricky Waters stood out.

I don't think Craig is better than Waters. I think putting Craig in opens the door for a guy like Christian McCaffrey to get in as a 49er.

Now that it's en vouge for RBs to pick up cheap short yards in the passing game guys like CMC can be dead last in ypc 3.9 and make the pro bowl off screen and swing passes.

With this school of though, guys like Saquan Derrick Henry and Adrian Peterson get discounted as backs. Cook in Buffalo has the same issue. Beyond Craig, there aren't a lot of RB who won SBs this way.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't see RBs who aren't top 5 rushers in as special. CMC may not even crack 1Ok rushing for his career. 49ers fan will Argue Craig won SBs . When CMC has similar number they are going to want him in the hall too. Do you see Gore, Craig, and CMC had HOF backs and no Waters? Or did the 49ers have a string of HOF backs?
 
Back
Top