Rapper Scarface announces run for Houston City Council seat

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Rapper Scarface announces run for Houston City Council seat
Julian Gill | June 11, 2019

920x920.jpg

Brad Jordan, better known by his rapper name "Scarface," recently announced his plan to run for Houston City Council District D.

Your mind isn't playing tricks. A former member of the pioneering hip-hop group Geto Boys could wind up representing a large part of the city.

Brad Jordan, better known as his rap moniker "Scarface," on Sunday announced his bid for Houston City Council District D. The seat is currently held by Councilman Dwight Boykins, who recently filed paperwork indicating he will run for mayor, according to earlier reports in the Houston Chronicle.

The district includes the Texas Medical Center, the Astrodome area, the Museum District, Texas Southern University and the University of Houston. City officials confirmed that Jordan has already filed a campaign treasurer, Oma Terry.

"It's official," the rapper said in an Instagram post. "I'm offering myself for service as the next Houston City Councilmember for District D. Join our movement! More details to come. www.bradfordistrictd.com."

Fellow Houston rappers Paul Wall and Bun B have already showed their support for Jordan's announcement online. "I'm here for this!" Bun B said in a comment on the post.

The announcement came one day before another former Geto Boys rapper Richard Shaw, aka Bushwick Bill, died of pancreatic cancer in Colorado at age 52.

Shaw and Jordan's work with the group helped put Houston on the map in the hip-hop world. City officials have also highlighted Jordan's educational initiatives.

Last year, Boykins and Mayor Sylvester Turner presented Jordan with a proclamation dedicating June 26 as "Brad 'Scarface' Jordan Day," according to CW39.

Jordan is a founding member of The Positive Purpose Movement, which supports education and empowerment programs for underrepresented communities. The rapper also talked to local students last year about bringing music entrepreneurship programs to their schools.

"Through the hard work and dedication of our team and our chairman Brad 'Scarface' Jordan, we are able to stay committed to our vision of 'putting the neighbor back in the hood,'" according to the Positive Purpose Movement's website.

https://chron.com/news/houston-texa...e-announces-run-for-Houston-City-13965304.php

BJ-Logo-1024x768.jpg

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Ladies and gentlemen...as my opponent sits in his four-cornered room staring at candles...I’m out there fighting...for YOU! Everyday! He doesn’t know who he’s running against.....or running FROM! Is it that fool that he ran off the block, or is it that (I won’t say it because I can’t) last week that he shot. Or is it the one he beat for $5000. Thought he had cane...but it was Gold Medal flour? You be the judge. You, ladies and gentlemen, be the judge.

RAY V.

AP 2nd Team All-American
BGOL Investor

Ladies and gentlemen...as my opponent sits in his four-cornered room staring at candles...I’m out there fighting...for YOU! Everyday! He doesn’t know who he’s running against.....or running FROM! Is it that fool that he ran off the block, or is it that (I won’t say it because I can’t) last week that he shot. Or is it the one he beat for $5000. Thought he had cane...but it was Gold Medal flour? You be the judge. You, ladies and gentlemen, be the judge.
:giggle: :yes:

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
I imagine him on the Council with the mindset from the last line of “It Ain’t” (one of the great Scarface joints of all time IMO) from The Geto Boys “Till Death Do Us Part@ album.

“I’m slappin ho’s and cappin fools........it ain’t shit”

wouncie

If you don’t own any Bitcoin you’re doing it wrong
OG Investor

I see what you did there, but that would be Willie D. lol

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
Oh and white people all around the city hate that with a passion.

They stay fucking mad
All you can do is laugh at 'em:lol:

How you live in Friendswood, the Woodlands, Bellaire, Cypress and be mad at what goes on inside our city?
This! Most fuck ass police, firefighters dont even live in the city lol

Bro fuck all those city. If your water bill aint from the city of houston or you dont live in the city limits, you need to stfu.

You got no fuckin say!
Im lovin this shit.

Fuck turner too, bitch ass nigga.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
Got all these yates classmates who claim the south( sunnyside, southunion, south park, tre) cant even vote for it lol.

Niggas talk all that shit and cant vote cause they moved out.

Dont rep now bitch, you left. We good

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
This! Most fuck ass police, firefighters dont even live in the city lol

Bro fuck all those city. If your water bill aint from the city of houston or you dont live in the city limits, you need to stfu.

You got no fuckin say!
Im lovin this shit.

Fuck turner too, bitch ass nigga.

When the mayor won, they were going on and on about he won because of "inside the beltway":rolleyes:

Yeah motherfuckers! The people who actually live here? You live in Kingwood and be on FB complaining about Houston? Bitch stop.

ICEBURG SLIM

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cool, he finally will get all his money so Lil J can't touch it, have a career and Position where Lil J can't touch him, and even stay outta child support Jail.... Smart Move D Ak.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
All his opponent has to do is play this since we in the me too faggot era, this my Jawn tho!!!

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That’s dope. Now if Niccas would just get out and vote. And hopefully that dude ain’t as crazy as they claim. Well fuck it. The president is off the rocker