knowledge alone ≠ power
OG Investor
translation: you aren't going to pick your assistant coaches sonny

31 years old? damn, now I feel my age

anyway, here's to a better season than last

jumbo0307

Star
Registered
u mean to tell me out of all the qualified coaches out there... they hired a guy that has never been a head coach on any level of sports? raider fans... brace urselves for a 2-14 season

Jaguar2G

Support BGOL
Registered
jumbo0307 said:
u mean to tell me out of all the qualified coaches out there... they hired a guy that has never been a head coach on any level of sports? raider fans... brace urselves for a 2-14 season

LOL raiders still have the cry baby Moss and no QB.........Thats the disaster in its' self.

Frank Wilson

Star
Registered
Not a good choice because he sounds like he is a pass-happy coach who thinks he can win football games with only passing the ball.

I don't like coaches who like to make their QB's throw the ball on every single down. It makes your offense one-dimensional.

Why do you think the Cover-2 defense is so much in fashion in the NFL? The main strength of the Cover-2 is to stop pass-oriented offense like this jerk is going to turn the Raiders too.

Hell...what the fuck I care. I'm a Bears fan and all I know that the Bears are a running football team that values its running backs, use its running backs in running the ball and most of all make the running back the focal point of the offense. Not the QB or the WR's the running back as the focal point of the offense. That is why they are in the superbowl along with that great defense.

I give the coach 3 years at the most. This stupid coach is going to to come with a pure passing offense, neglect and never use the running game and watch his stupid ass gameplans go awry when the oppsosing defense intercept every pass his pass-happy QB makes. In three years or less his ass is going to get fired.

Want a good NFL coach? Get Jim Fassel.

THE PROF

Support BGOL
Registered
I was suprised to not hear "The Chin" Cowher mentioned at all - the players would have respected his ass and actually played...this is some worse to worst shit - i hope get proven wrong but college and NFL are two different levels of competition entirely. Al davis needs to just sell me the team

daakcyde

Potential Star
Registered
i feel sorry for brady quinn/jamarcus russell.... cuz one of these dudes gonna be running for they life A LOT next season....

max-dawg

8 vs 80
OG Investor
as a diehard raiders fan, let me be the first to say:

"What in the MOTHERFUCK is goings-on with picking THIS guy?"

off the top, 90% of the team won't respect him. :smh:

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
Strait_Laced said:
translation: you aren't going to pick your assistant coaches sonny

31 years old? damn, now I feel my age

anyway, here's to a better season than last

Word. Is he the youngest Coach in the league? This dude is about as old as some of the players. This doesn't look good for the Raiders.

CobraKai

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Frank Wilson said:
Not a good choice because he sounds like he is a pass-happy coach who thinks he can win football games with only passing the ball.

I don't like coaches who like to make their QB's throw the ball on every single down. It makes your offense one-dimensional.

Why do you think the Cover-2 defense is so much in fashion in the NFL? The main strength of the Cover-2 is to stop pass-oriented offense like this jerk is going to turn the Raiders too.

Hell...what the fuck I care. I'm a Bears fan and all I know that the Bears are a running football team that values its running backs, use its running backs in running the ball and most of all make the running back the focal point of the offense. Not the QB or the WR's the running back as the focal point of the offense. That is why they are in the superbowl along with that great defense.

I give the coach 3 years at the most. This stupid coach is going to to come with a pure passing offense, neglect and never use the running game and watch his stupid ass gameplans go awry when the oppsosing defense intercept every pass his pass-happy QB makes. In three years or less his ass is going to get fired.

Want a good NFL coach? Get Jim Fassel.
Yeah, They never ran the ball at USC. Only enough to have two first round running backs last year.

TrojansFan

Potential Star
Registered
I don't agree with the assessment that he is a pass-happy coach. As a SC fan, I saw every play he called in his two years as co-offensive coordinator and the philosophy was run-to-set-up-the-pass. This year in fact I think they tried to run the ball to damn much, when their strength was totally skewed to the pass this year. I do not think they would have lost the game to Oregon St if they had abandoned the run (which wasn;t working) sooner and went to the pass attack. Against Michigan they kept trying to force the run the whole 1st half eventhough it wasn;t working. There were other games as well, but you get the point. So I don't agree with the assessment that he is going to take over the Raiders and just try to throw on every down.

But that being said...

How in the fuck is this guy qualified to be a head coach in the NFL??? He couldn't even hold a coordinator position by himself at the collegiate level adn they give him a head coaching position in the NFL??? The Raiders earlier in the week offered him the O-coordinator job under would-be coach Steve Sarkisian, but Sarkisian said "no thank you", so they say well hey you want to be head coach we can't find nobody else dumb enough to take this job??? This says volumes about the current condition of the Raiders organization than it does anything else. I think Kiffin is stupid to accept this position because he is not ready for NFL head coach job with a good team, yet alone one in shambles that is being run by somebody who clearly belongs in a nursing home based off of his decisions the last several years.

I wish Kiffin luck, but I don't see anyway this ends well for him or the Raiders.

:hmm:

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I don't see him coming in and airing it out every play. This is the NFL and I'm sure his pops will give him advice on what can work for him. Everyone knows that you have to RUN the ball with possibly the exception of the Greatest show on Urff yet they had Marshall Faulk real close to his prime. He's only going to gain respect if he goes in there with the right philosophy and approach. If he's smart he should meet with each player individually that is near his age level and embrace the challenges ahead. This is a new era, new attitude in the league. Hopefully he'll be prepared but I'll give him 2 years no more than 3 unless he's smart enough to pull of a huge trade and get some better Offensive linemen and more draft picks..

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
jumbo0307 said:

That means nothing. Neither was John Fox of the Panthers and look how he turned out.

showtime

Support BGOL
Registered
Al Davis is officially senile!

I dont have a problem with good college OC's moving on to the NFL to become OC's, but Head Coach??? I dont know much about this guy but all of his experience is college and he was never a HC in college. Why the fuck are you going to hire a 30 yr old college offensive cordinator to coach your team when there are qualified NFL personel out there??? I dont understand.