R.I.P. to an Icon. Pelé has died.

OmariAmaru

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Keep saying it, the heroes and idols from my childhood are slowly fading away and having me to realize my existence on this earthly plain is drawing nigh. He is the one that made love football(soccer) to this day. R.I.P. to O Rei (The King). May he forever live in infamy.

Peacemaker213

Rising Star
Registered
Shut yo soft ass up. I aint even hear about this man until the World Cup started. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.
It's all good.

Let me put it in perspective. If there's an athlete that you consider to be a beast, well he's that beast's favorite beast. And to be considered that with all the racism he had to deal with is bananas. He was so far ahead of his peers, it was like a pro athlete playing against high school cats. Dude was that gifted.

Peacemaker213

Rising Star
Registered
Can you imagine what is must have been like? He walks out onto the field and opps be like "Why he here?" "Y'all ain't playing fair" :roflmao:

Bidam7

Rising Star
Registered

Pele
A legend who changed the game name is synonymous with football Aka Soccer.
He is a true king my pops told me stories of his triumphant matches the legacy was laid as I have seen the greatness of his abilities bringing inspiration to others not only for his country but for what he paved in life and represented and multitalented in all aspects. He was the hope for a country to believe in wishes and dreams overcoming and over many obstacles and making himself a symbol of greatness as it is a true moment in history defined by these things I saw him saying goodbye to his family and even in those moments he made memories everlasting a true gentleman astounded by the classy excellence it truly amazing and fitting. You will be missed Peace to your family for losing a father down to a movement in our minds hearts and souls. No words can ever estimate the impact you had as you are the greatest of all time thank you for your service in life have a great journey in the stars above may your family find peace during this difficult time. The way you maneuvered in the strategy style with grace touched many around the world "Rest In Paradise to a true hero who gave us hope in many forms.
63ae671ee679e510101848.gif

Last edited:

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I have never been a fan of soccer.
I couldn't even begin to name any modern soccer player of note today.
- But I did know one name when I was growing up.
- I did know the one player who stood out above all others.
- As kids growing up in Harlem, (where we didn't even play soccer) we did know the one Black man who summed up soccer in it's entirety.
That man's name was:
PELE.

Thank you sir, for essentially introducing a whole community to soccer. And for being a shining example of Black excellence and positve masculinity.
RIP.
:sad:

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
FlK1ufWXwAAtT2j

dope pic ...but some needs to be excluded and some added ...

also the man made the number 10 jersey iconic ...

thats the only number in a sport IMO u wear it ur ass better b good ...

please tell me another number in any sport that signify`s that ...n please dont say jordan`s 23 ...smh

10 in soccer is the goat ...they need to retire that shit all over the world ...real soccer fans feel me on this ... :yes:

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Rest In Peace Pele

The more life experience I get the more I appreciate those before me that gave it their all and achieved greatness.
I truly have no excuse

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
FlK1ufWXwAAtT2j

dope pic ...but some needs to be excluded and some added ...

also the man made the number 10 jersey iconic ...

thats the only number in a sport IMO u wear it ur ass better b good ...

please tell me another number in any sport that signify`s that ...n please dont say jordan`s 23 ...smh

10 in soccer is the goat ...they need to retire that shit all over the world ...real soccer fans feel me on this ... :yes:
Number 42. Though not all number 42s were as good as Jackie Robinson. Only other 42 that came close to making the number theirs was Mariano Rivera.

Like Robinson 42 being retired in Baseball, Pelé's number 10 should be retired by FIFA.

Last edited:

wwetv100

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Damn. My pops(RIP) favorite player.

Simply the greatest.

This also makes that collapse against Croatia even worse.It was perfect for him to see a victory right before death.

The same with my pops! and yeah Brazil this world cup:beatyourass:

parisian

International
International Member
Muhammad (boxing), Edson (football), Michael (pop), James (funk), Marvin (soul), Bob (reggae), Anikulapo (afrobeat) were my childhood favorites and still are to this day

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP to the Legend Pele'....The Greatest Soccer player that ever played the game!!....No one wasn't better then him!!..

He will be missed!!...