R.I.P Thom Bell The Sound Of Philadelphia

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Wow I didn't know this brother had his hands all over so many classic albums. He had a true gift as a songwriter. RIP

Spinners yes. But so many others. Stylistics was his creation. That entire genre. Harold Melvin & The Bluenotes....
Then there's this little group called the OJays. it's really too many to list without the help of Google or music sites like Discogs

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
This is the loss of a musical titan- one whom the average person, whose life has been soundtracked by his music, was most likely unaware of.

I love music second only to God and have always been one of those kats who reads album liner notes and wants to know who is who behind the scenes making things happen. So I know Thom Bell’s name well.

That said, I want to say, thank you King for your prolific and indelible stamp upon the lexicon of music. Go well, Brother.

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Pops used to play the Stylistics all the time so all I grew up was hearing his music

RIP to both

Bidam7

Rising Star
Registered

Rest In Paradise to an Incredible talent who was an arranger, conductor,producer-writer, and played musical instruments. A renaissance man of the times Thom Bell brought us many memories and moments in our lives. I'm grateful to hear his great music bringing inspiration that still played and lives on in our hearts minds and souls to follow every dream is mirrored through the creative output he paved thank you for your contributions to my childhood and many others you will be missed in all aspects.

Last edited: