R.I.P. Jamal Edwards MBE, music entrepreneur and YouTube star, dies aged 31

madgoose

International
International Member
Jamal Edwards, music entrepreneur and YouTube star, dies aged 31
He was the founder of SBTV, an online urban music platform that helped artists like Dave, Ed Sheeran and Jessie J come to prominence.

Music entrepreneur and YouTube star Jamal Edwards has died aged 31.
He was the founder of SBTV, an online urban music platform that helped artists like Dave, Ed Sheeran and Jessie J come to prominence.

Rapper AJ Tracey was among those paying tribute, saying on Twitter: "RIP Jamal Edwards, west London legend status."
Born in Luton, Edwards was appointed an MBE for services to music in 2014 and was an ambassador for the Prince's Trust, which helps young people set up their own businesses.

Music mogul Jamal Edwards dies aged 31: Tributes pour in for SBTV founder and YouTuber who helped launch careers of Jessie J, Dave and Ed Sheeran
  • Jamal Edwards gained fame from setting up new music platform SBTV - helping to launch a string of UK music careers
  • The music entrepreneur, who was awarded an MBE in 2014 for his services to music, died on Sunday morning
  • Tributes poured in for Mr Edwards, with Bafta-winning actor writer, director, and producer Adam Deacon saying he was 'heartbroken'

One of the articles states that his cause of death has not been released. What they have said is that he was booked to DJ at an event on Saturday night and was annnounced dead on Sunday morning.

I hope that he did not die as a result of knife crime which is rife in the UK.

"He attended the Brit Awards earlier this month and reportedly performed as a DJ at a gig in north London on Saturday night.
A representative said he died on Sunday morning but no other details have been released."

Last edited:

madgoose

International
International Member
WTF? no information as yet as to the cause??
I do believe that not explaining the cause of death is not doing the true public service. It isn’t about being nosey. It is about being aware. Knowledge is power and might can save lives. It is suicide let us know.
Hopefully it's not suicide. Regardless RIP 31 is far too young :smh:

"Brenda Edwards has confirmed her son Jamal Edwards died following a sudden illness aged 31.

The Loose Women star paid an emotional tribute to the SBTV founder in a statement shared with Good Morning Britain, saying she and her family are ‘completely devastated’.

‘It is with the deepest heartache that I can confirm that my beautiful son Jamal Edwards passed away yesterday morning after a sudden illness,’ Brenda said.

‘Myself, his sister Tanisha and the rest of his family and friends are completely devastated. He was the centre of our world.’"

Diomedes3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
"Brenda Edwards has confirmed her son Jamal Edwards died following a sudden illness aged 31.

The Loose Women star paid an emotional tribute to the SBTV founder in a statement shared with Good Morning Britain, saying she and her family are ‘completely devastated’.

‘It is with the deepest heartache that I can confirm that my beautiful son Jamal Edwards passed away yesterday morning after a sudden illness,’ Brenda said.

‘Myself, his sister Tanisha and the rest of his family and friends are completely devastated. He was the centre of our world.’"

What is a sudden illness?

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
Broke our hearts to hear this, after such a great time with my family on saturday it was
a shock to learn of this on sunday.

Some of my peeps knew him to speak to, I'm pretty sure I met him at some point but I deffo
knew of his innovative works in music, social media and marketing.

There is a mural of his face on a wall in his home city where he is a legend amongst young people he helped.
Jamal was awarded an MBE from the queen for his services to music and his education achieved an MBA and PHD.
Through his early online-magazine/social media innovations Jamal helped launch the careers of Ed Sheeran, Jessie Jae,
Stormzy, Dave and other multi-million selling music stars. All this in his teens and twenties.
A truly remarkable young Black Man and an outstanding Human Being.

Peaceful Journey Jamal Edwards MBE MBA PHD. Gone way, way too soon.
one love, TEN.

Rest-In-Peace.gif

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wow. I didn't release he was so accomplished. Thanks for sharing. May he rest in peace.
31 is a super young age to accomplish so much.

Broke our hearts to hear this, after such a great time with my family on saturday it was
a shock to learn of this on sunday.

Some of my peeps knew him to speak to, I'm pretty sure I met him at some point but I deffo
knew of his innovative works in music, social media and marketing.

There is a mural of his face on a wall in his home city where he is a legend amongst young people he helped.
Jamal was awarded an MBE from the queen for his services to music and his education achieved an MBA and PHD.
Through his early online-magazine/social media innovations Jamal helped launch the careers of Ed Sheeran, Jessie Jae,
Stormzy, Dave and other multi-million selling music stars. All this in his teens and twenties.
A truly remarkable young Black Man and an outstanding Human Being.

Peaceful Journey Jamal Edwards MBE MBA PHD. Gone way, way too soon.
one love, TEN.

Rest-In-Peace.gif

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Jamal Edwards, music entrepreneur and YouTube star, dies aged 31

Music entrepreneur and YouTube star Jamal Edwards has died aged 31.

Rapper AJ Tracey was among those paying tribute, saying on Twitter: "RIP Jamal Edwards, west London legend status."
Born in Luton, Edwards was appointed an MBE for services to music in 2014 and was an ambassador for the Prince's Trust, which helps young people set up their own businesses.

Music mogul Jamal Edwards dies aged 31: Tributes pour in for SBTV founder and YouTuber who helped launch careers of Jessie J, Dave and Ed Sheeran
  • Jamal Edwards gained fame from setting up new music platform SBTV - helping to launch a string of UK music careers
  • The music entrepreneur, who was awarded an MBE in 2014 for his services to music, died on Sunday morning
  • Tributes poured in for Mr Edwards, with Bafta-winning actor writer, director, and producer Adam Deacon saying he was 'heartbroken'

One of the articles states that his cause of death has not been released. What they have said is that he was booked to DJ at an event on Saturday night and was annnounced dead on Sunday morning.

I hope that he did not die as a result of knife crime which is rife in the UK.

"He attended the Brit Awards earlier this month and reportedly performed as a DJ at a gig in north London on Saturday night.
A representative said he died on Sunday morning but no other details have been released."
RIP Jamal

madgoose

International
International Member
I didn't even think like that. I was thinking it could well have bee harrowing for the family. Like an anuerysm and he was possibly found in the bathroom. Tht happenned to a nieghbour of mine year ago, his teenagee daughter found him and ran from the house screaming. Worse still that he was killed in an altercation at the club he was Dj'ing at.

Your thoughts are even more sinister, not like the guy was not in those knid of circles.
  • MBE - Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire
If they are being this hideous about his cause of death then it means the young brother was most probably sacrificed ijs

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If they are being this hideous about his cause of death then it means the young brother was most probably sacrificed ijs

or did he OWN any music....they love to murder real kniggas

that own masters.

and medical hits are whats Poppin in

these satanic masonic streets. or was he vaxxxed

and had an adverse reaction?

31 he was so successful and was just starting

to live

R
i
Power