R. I. P. Elgin Baylor

black again

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Everything I heard about Elgin Baylor was that he was basically a trailblazer for the modern basketball player that would follow after him.

Even watching old clips he really seems like he'd fit in any era.

RIP.

The Clips should retire his jersey just for taking Sterling's shit all these years.

Yep.. Elgin was the blueprint for the Dr..who was the blueprint for Jordan...
RIP

I'ma say a conservative 63% of Bgol saw him play live

I'ma say 10%...maybe.

I only saw him at the end of his career in LA..that was in 73?

RIP

Rezn8

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Elgin and Rick Barry are probably the most underrated players among all of the top-tier all-time greats. You never hear about either of them today. Elgin, Jerry West, John Wooden, and maybe Chick Hearn put the sport of basketball on the map in Southern California. Rest from your labor great one!!

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
Elgin and Rick Barry are probably the most underrated players among all of the top-tier all-time greats. You never hear about either of them today. Elgin, Jerry West, John Wooden, and maybe Chick Hearn put the sport of basketball on the map in Southern California. Rest from your labor great one!!
Basketball back in those was not what I would call a mainstream sport. It was mostly white players and the game was played beneath the rim. I remember when the Knicks started doing broadcast. maybe you got 4 games a month. There were no Sunday games of the week.

You got ore college games than pro games. I don't believe we got many regular season games until the mid 60s. Back in the days where everybody wore Chuck Taylor Cons. If my memory serves me correct Walt Frazier had the first sneaker contract the Puma. I got mine only $29.99. The they looked good, wore well and they were the shit as long as you weren't playing basketball.

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Iconic player!
He basically could do it all.
Averaged 38 ppg one season while having to fulfill military obligations.
That's insane.
Bad executive though.