Picard Patrick Stewart New Star Trek Series (February 2022)

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Lol I just started binge watching the entire star trek universe in mid January.. I thought it would be the end of the year before I was able to catch on and be current but with this lock down I've already it passed TOS, TAS, Movies 1-6 and I'll have TNG wrapped up by tomorrow.

Kind of kicking myself for not getting into Star Trek sooner.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
188b0e3c7e96ffee4af367f283d68fcbc61b0294.gifv

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
dude looks and sounds frail as fuck..have you seen him the new commercial with mark hamill??

Yeah, he can barely talk. Plus season one gave him his Star Trek equivalent of Logan which is what he wanted.

Given his age and the global travel restrictions, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a second season.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
dude looks and sounds frail as fuck..have you seen him the new commercial with mark hamill??

I have.
I personally think there's enough character development amongst the cast to carry the show themselves into new frontiers.

snark9

Cantankerous Bastid
BGOL Investor
Classic Trek:
Roddenberry Trek = TOS, TAS, TOS Films, TNG Seasons 1-5 (TNG seasons 3-5/Khan/Undiscovered Country, are Trek's gold standard).

Good Trek:
Berman Trek = TNG Season 5-7 (after episode 'Disaster'),
TNG films, DS9, Voyager, Enterprise.

Passable Trek:
Abrams Trek = 2009, Into Darkness, Beyond, movie trilogy (mostly passable b/c it is in another timeline).

Dumpster fire Trek:
Kurtzman Trek = Discovery, Picard, Lower Decks, Strange New Worlds (Strange New Worlds and Lower Decks have potential to be decent).

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Classic Trek:
Roddenberry Trek = TOS, TAS, TOS Films, TNG Seasons 1-5 (TNG seasons 3-5/Khan/Undiscovered Country, are Trek's gold standard).

Good Trek:
Berman Trek = TNG Season 5-7 (after episode 'Disaster'),
TNG films, DS9, Voyager, Enterprise.

Passable Trek:
Abrams Trek = 2009, Into Darkness, Beyond, movie trilogy (mostly passable b/c it is in another timeline).

Dumpster fire Trek:
Kurtzman Trek = Discovery, Picard, Lower Decks, Strange New Worlds (Strange New Worlds and Lower Decks have potential to be decent).
As far as the tv shows are concerned pretty much every star trek series takes 3 seasons to find their footing... TNG DS9 and VOY all didn't get really good or gelled until the 3rd or 4th season. The first 3 seasons for all of them was hit or miss. Which was why Enterprise was such a tragedy in getting cancelled in its first season they didn't give it enough time.

So all the ones you listed as dumpster fire..you gotta give them time to get it together...

and INTO DARKNESS was BULLSHIT you can put that one in the dumpster fire category...

and lets be REAL honest about TOS...Star Trek was on for 5 seasons then got cancelled...it didn't really catch on until it went into syndication that's where it truly got its second wind and became beloved...but then the same thing happened with gilligans island and the brady bunch. Syndication was the real key to the status of that show. Same thing for voyager really...that show was treated like the redheaded step child of the ST family in its first run and only a decade or so later has that started to enjoy better respect.

Last edited:

snark9

Cantankerous Bastid
BGOL Investor
As far as the tv shows are concerned pretty much every star trek series takes 3 seasons to find their footing... TNG DS9 and VOY all didn't get really good or gelled until the 3rd or 4th season. The first 3 seasons for all of them was hit or miss. Which was why Enterprise was such a tragedy in getting cancelled in its first season they didn't give it enough time.

So all the ones you listed as dumpster fire..you gotta give them time to get it together...

and INTO DARKNESS was BULLSHIT you can put that one in the dumpster fire category...

and lets be REAL honest about TOS...Star Trek was on for 5 seasons then got cancelled...it didn't really catch on until it went into syndication that's where it truly got its second wind and became beloved...but then the same thing happened with gilligans island and the brady bunch. Syndication was the real key to the status of that show. Same thing for voyager really...that show was treated like the redheaded step child of the ST family in its first run and only a decade or so later has that started to enjoy better respect.
I know it takes time for a series to get their footing, but 'getting their footing' shouldn't mean trying to find its way back to being star trek.

The focus on violence and diverging from cannon in Discovery, and Picard's dystopian federation vision, was such a mistake that paramount has ordered Kurtzman to right the ship, and return to what has always made trek great.

No other show has had the type of first seasons as Kurtzman trek has produced. This includes DS9, which was decidedly more gritty, early on in terms of optics, but the underlying message of optimism, with hope-filled character-driven story telling, with the occasional moral story, remained intact.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
QUESTION: WOULD IT HAVE MADE A DIFFERENT IMPACT ON VOYAGER IF 7 OF 9 WAS DRESSED LESS SEXY?

5iVaL2U1Nx8tIhm0Cmrms_exMCzzj-uw7nLWNAw-Qlf5Oh6ZLxUwvcKl7p96xQCVmHsw9A8hfhYaM_6uK-GlNWEeHHEzaDuPOIo

would it have made a difference if she were played by a Black actress?
4e4e79537bf5081961009a846b3fd0d5.jpg

snark9

Cantankerous Bastid
BGOL Investor
That Picard shit sucks.

There is no real 'Star Trek brand' substance, like ethical dilemmas, mind-bending exploratory quandaries, or philosophical perspectives.
Everyone is out of character, shit even the Federation and Starfleet are unrecognizable, and Picard is bitch-made and was replaced by a robot copy.

That Michael Burnham shit can go too.
All that faggotry, on top of the fact that they wrote that series like the bitch was Goku.

Last edited: