Percy calls out Michael Jordan: Nigga you built Nike and you don't have an ownership stake after all these years???

Mt. Yukon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm seriously asking... But do you ALWAYS have to own something if youre being compensated well for what you're being asked to do???

sorcererforemost

Rising Star
Registered
I'm seriously asking... But do you ALWAYS have to own something if youre being compensated well for what you're being asked to do???
It's one of the new ways that black people look down on each other.

Same as= "Oh you rent? I Own my place" "you still don't have a passport? I been to 10 countries already" "car note? Lol nah I paid my off full in cash"

If you don't "own" something you arent truly winning to these people.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I edited this cause I NOR THE REST OF YOU KNOWS MICHAEL'S BUSINESS,NEVER MET THE MAN AND PROBABLY NEVER WILL.

MJ HAS DONE A GREAT JOB AT KEEP NIGGAS OUT OF HIS BUSINESS AND WE CAN ONLY ASSUME ABOUT WHAT WE'VE HEARD ABOUT HIM....

MASTER P AND MIKE BOTH HAVE MORE MONEY THAN WE DO.....THE END.

Last edited:

PlayerR

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I understand what he's saying but like himself most have to grow into their worth and wealth....MJ had to be one of the best basketball players,a champion before he became a businessman and he still may not be but he's set for generations to come off of talent and hard work from one thing that's just a sport entertainment.

Not true, MJ had a strong endorsement portfolio BEFORE he won a ring. It's funny how folks call a white athlete a businessman for setting up a stellar endorsement portfolio but the same is not true of a black athlete. You have to be a shrewd businessman to set up the correct portfolio of endorsements, MJ has been able to rid some most of those endorsements into retirement some 20 yrs after he played his last game.

P made his initial fortune as an artist & label owner & that allowed him to branch out. P probably built more of his intial $$$$ of the backs of others & how many of those artist are still eating or making $$$$ off the masters that he owns..lol

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
P is right. MJ stans mad.

Mike is ONLY a billionaire due to rising value of NBA franchises of the last decade. Not business acumen. Prior to that he didnt even have enough to outright buy his team which was only $300 million or so at the team of purchase. NBA team valuation began to skyrocket during his first decade of ownership due to TV and broadcast rights deals. Thats when he reached billionaire status. Mike still being essentially a high paid employee of Nike on salary deal is some shameful shit.

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
rap-snacks-master-p-crisps-chips-rapper-13528152548.jpg

unclepancakes3_scaled.0.jpg

EIKu9DrXYAIe4cc

13e9321a-2032-4b50-892b-41489c547863.51a16561ef61ddb8a802b7c1ef71f0ed.jpeg

2019-12-12-Master-P-Rap-Snacks-Noodles2-900.jpg

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor

Mike is ONLY a billionaire due to rising value of NBA franchises of the last decade. Not business acumen. Prior to that he didnt even have enough to outright buy his team which was only $300 million or so at the team of purchase. NBA team valuation began to skyrocket during his first decade of ownership due to TV and broadcast rights deals. Thats when he reached billionaire status. Mike still being essentially a high paid employee of Nike on salary deal is some shameful shit.
You’re one stupid old fuck.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I came in with zero intent to press play, but to say Mike did wtf he wanted and fuck the haters. Nobody will ever have a better shoe brand or deal. He’s a legend for centuries to come. I have No Limit to the fucks I’ve misplaced.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

There's truth in this.

Mike gets paid a salary from Brand Jordan and probably does have shares of Nike stock. However let's not act like Brand Jordan wasn't holding Nike down and keeping them relevant (aka in "Urban Culture") for the better part of 30 years.

Phil Knight getting paid significantly more off Jordan's Brand than he did/does is the issue I have.

Yes Nike has to do the manufacturing, distribution....etc. But if Jordan wasn't "great" that brand wouldn't continue to sell.

Jordan Brand did $4.7 Billy for the fiscal year last year. Let's say Nike only profits 20 cents on the dollar (extremely conservative) thats still $940 mil. Jordan allegedly only gets $100-$150 mil directly from "his" brand....that leaves $800 mill in profits back to Phil Knight, the board and Nike

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

See this part.... Mike made allegedly $130 mil in 2019 to reach $1.3 billion in 26 years.....that was a hell of a bargain for Nike......

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I won't give P too hard of time. He is the business success story Damon Dash always pretended to be.

nah bruh damon dash WAS a success story its just he didnt have

the personality to build bridges... and he pissed off too many people...

when the cacs saw a rift between him and his camp, they exploited that shit..

and damon dash head was so far up his wazuu he didnt even see it coming.....

but for a minute.. he was THAT dude bruh... he is just soo egotistical

it makes him delusional..

He will never be completely broke, because he knows how to move

in these streets... he just will never be what he once was, because

he burnt waaaay to many bridges... his only hope,

is for jayz to throw him a bone..

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
This is like the real life example of a BGOL Financial Advisor.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Niggas in here saying he only made 126 million and 1.3 billion in 26 years. Meanwhile these same niggas talking about holding stocks for the long haul and will only make a few thousand if that on their Apple stocks lmbaooo Jordan made 13 times the money in 26 years and niggas talking about he lost. Dumb asses act like if he owned the company he’d make more. Even the CEO of Nike ain’t seeing that kind of money. They have share holders and a board. Dumb ass niggas